Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CoP Dynamis Time Question.

I run a decently successful linkshell on remora, and we've dabbled out heads in CoP dynamis. We have done the normal, kill required nms, get subjobs then kill boss method to aquire the extra 60 minutes worth of farming time. All that info is well known.

What my question today is, how do we know that the time limit to CoP is limited to 2 hours only?

My theory on that aspect is, what if you get more time by killing the normal dynamis mobs, as in all of them. Seems like thats pretty advanced seeing how spread out they are on each of the maps, and would work in corispondance to how the NM's are spread out.

To kill all the normal mobs in dynamis Buburimu, you only have to kill 45 statues worth of mobs, which seems quite feasable in my opinion. '

With having to kill all those mobs, which if they got you a time extension at all, say 30 minutes or another hour, would give you a stupid amount of extra time to kill the required NM's, then kill the boss.

Second question is, has anyone actually killed every normal dynamis statue in a CoP dynamis? Is there maybe a un-noticed statue in the .dat's that may seem like it could give time? Like how one pops after killing the 15NM's in xarc.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

How about not wasting an hour and a half to clear all those mobs before farming nightmare mobs for 30min and just farm nightmare mobs for an hour and a half?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's limited to two hours because thats what they said it would be when they released it, I believe.

The idea is to not have the CoP areas suck in regards to dynamis currency. And if your group takes an hour and a half to kill that many mobs, its not that great of a group. A normal pull in any cities usually can have 6-8 mobs and 2-3 statues, that alone should take maybe 2-3 min to kill. So 1-2 minutes per statue, 45 minutes roughly.

The reason for this idea is to not have people overall detered by the motion of going to CoP zones. Any sponsor will tell you they hate sponsoring CoP zones, because you only get 100ish currency max if your amazing group. Nearly zero chance at any 100 currency outside of the 1% chance of boss dropping some.

Viq, for all you know, killing all those beastmen mobs may weild another hour and a half worth of extensions. I don't know, you don't know, so shut up. So until someone proves me wrong, or i prove myself wrong, this will be my way of thinking. Thank you people who give CONSTRUCTIVE posts.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by senseless
    Viq, for all you know, killing all those beastmen mobs may weild another hour and a half worth of extensions. I don't know, you don't know, so shut up. So until someone proves me wrong, or i prove myself wrong, this will be my way of thinking. Thank you people who give CONSTRUCTIVE posts.
    Are you a religious person?

No, just stubborn with my theories lol.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Why don't you work hard at clearing them all to try & find out? The rest of us will farm nightmare mobs in the meantime, keep us posted.

I actually plan to kill them all next run to bubu, the main reason for the post was to see if anyone already has or not.

After you try that, try the field of stones west of the outpost in Valkurm.

At least if my theory is wrong, my sponsor will be happy, cuz they will get a decent amount of currency lol.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I've only ever seen 100 pieces drop off the stats+mobs, then again could be due to the piss poor drop rate. Are the beastmens coin drops gimped like the nightmare mobs? Normal relic seems to have a shit drop rate as well compared to the accesories and even the -1's. Curious if they would have a better chance of dropping them or not, since the Nightmare mobs all drop only specific pieces.

Then again the focus of a CoP dynamis run should not be currancy, its about the -1's and the belts/capes.

I actually plan to kill them all next run to bubu, the main reason for the post was to see if anyone already has or not.
    I see many wipes in your Near future young adventurer...

heheh really though you might wanna Sac Pull most of those Stones...

They are not your "Avg City" stones

so no one has anything constructive to say, awesome, seems like i guess this wasn't the best place to go for answers, maybe the newbs over on alla will have an actual answer, they tend to do stupid things alot, maybe one group has done all the mobs like im asking.

and i find it funny that you call me young adventurer lol, my dynamis shell has been active for almost 2 years now.

senseless you have completely missed the point of near every post in this tread...

Even if you get a Time Extension it is not worth the time to Kill those mobs... They all they Drop is the Af2 you can get in the towns and Coins... both at a Terrible Rate.

You farm CoP zone for the Relic Accessories, and/or the -1... if you are really looking to use time to farm for coins and Normal Af... stick to the towns.

And those Pulls are Nasty... Think Xarc's Wall-o-eye's On Crack...

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

People did answer you.

Someone pointed out that SE had stated the new zones were for smaller groups and not as long, 36 people & 2 hours fits that bill.

People that go there typically do it for AF2+1/Capes/Belts, because if you wanted to farm Beastman & AF2 there are 6 other zones you can do it in instead.

It's your time & gil, do with it what you will, but considering many people do not think CoP Dynamis zones are particularly rewarding you are going to make them even less rewarding by trying to farm them as though they are a city.

it's a simple cost/gain analysis. let's assume that there's some timers out there, but that they're in some huge ass nasty pull. even if you managed to snipe it out, the transfer and recovery time from that pull is likely to equal or exceed the time you get for a small sum of currency and a small chance at city af. the alternative is to go out and farm accessories or -1 gear. since you get a boatload of time in cities and almost none in CoP dynamis, it makes far more sense to go for the rare stuff while you have the chance. if you're after city af2 and currency, go to that city! you're guaranteed to come away with more.

I either did not make myself clear enough, or i worded it wrong.

My plan is to :

1. get subs back
    2. kill the 3 dragons needed to fight boss safely
    3. kill the pull with the whm in it(instead of sac pull whm as usual)
    3. kill the boss, have hour 20 left to farm
    4. kill the rest of the beastmen in about an hour
    5. farm crabs and ravens with final 20 min

If we do get a time extension from killing all the beastmen.

6. farm crawlers, dhalmels, mandies, and bunnies.

As it stands when doing it the normal way with my linkshell. We have time to kill boss, and kill all crabs, ravens, dhalmels, crawlers, and start on mandies.

All of what im saying is that, if you can farm for an extra hour, even if that hour was spent killing beastmen, how is that not a good thing? I don't plan to spend the entire time killing beastmen, because obviously if i wanted city AF's only, id do a city AF, get arguably 10 more AF's the dreamworld, and easily more currency also.

The drop rates are on par with cities if you do the math comparison. Time vs mobs killed. You spend 1 hour killing maybe 100ish mobs. Compared to 3.5 hours killing 300+ beastmen(prolly bad guess). Of course the drop rate is gonna seem like its worse, your killing less mobs. As it stands when we go and farm for 1 hour, we get 4-6 AF's/-1's, and about 100 currency. In a city we get 15-20 AF's, and 250+ currency, coincedence in drop rate? Maybe.

And im pretty sure that no where did they say it was 2 hours, because when it was first released, everyone bitched about how it was only 1 hour long, and no one could figure out how to get more time...until they beat the boss and ppl were like omg, an extra hour and more nightmare mobs to farm. Go do some research of your own, in these forums(if the info still here after server move), cuz there is posts about that. Kuno said he believes he saw it say it some where, but he can't remember.

All of what im saying is that, if you can farm for an extra hour, even if that hour was spent killing beastmen, how is that not a good thing? I don't plan to spend the entire time killing beastmen, because obviously if i wanted city AF's only, id do a city AF, get arguably 10 more AF's the dreamworld, and easily more currency also.
    Because its Time that you could have used to Farm Nightmare mobs, The only way that farming more time like this (not saying its even possible) would ever come any where near time effective is if you can Kill the Mob's in Less time then you receive... the chances of that... I'd give a Snow ball better Odd's in hell... Really Garret Hit this one right between the eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Garret
    It's your time & gil, do with it what you will, but considering many people do not think CoP Dynamis zones are particularly rewarding you are going to make them even less rewarding by trying to farm them as though they are a city.
    That Galka is Full of Win

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Senseless
    I either did not make myself clear enough, or i worded it wrong.

My plan is to :

1. get subs back
    2. kill the 3 dragons needed to fight boss safely
    3. kill the pull with the whm in it(instead of sac pull whm as usual)
    3. kill the boss, have hour 20 left to farm
    4. kill the rest of the beastmen in about an hour
    5. farm crabs and ravens with final 20 min
    I'm going to go with wording it wrong and reference the OP.

With having to kill all those mobs, which if they got you a time extension at all, say 30 minutes or another hour, would give you a stupid amount of extra time to kill the required NM's, then kill the boss.
    That implies that you would have lots of extra time to kill the NM's & Megaboss if killing the Beastman gave a TE, and suggests you plan to do them before the Megaboss. I made that assumption since nowhere else in the entire thread do you make reference to any other time frame for it.

At least if my theory is wrong, my sponsor will be happy, cuz they will get a decent amount of currency lol.
    No, if you are wrong your sponsors will get about the same amount since the main difference in currency, aside from 100's, is that you just don't have that much time to spend farming. If you got any 100's then they'd be happy, but that's a crapshoot, and you still have less time to kill all those statues in than in a city.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Frodorn
    senseless you have completely missed the point of near every post in this tread...

Even if you get a Time Extension it is not worth the time to Kill those mobs... They all they Drop is the Af2 you can get in the towns and Coins... both at a Terrible Rate.

You farm CoP zone for the Relic Accessories, and/or the -1... if you are really looking to use time to farm for coins and Normal Af... stick to the towns.

And those Pulls are Nasty... Think Xarc's Wall-o-eye's On Crack...
    I hope you're not implying that the Xarca wall of eyes takes more than 1 sac pull to kill successfully... 2 if the pullers don't pull the right mobs off you.