Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: How many merits do you have?

Voters
766. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-5

26 3.39%
  • 6-20

50 6.53%
  • 21-50

97 12.66%
  • 51-100

153 19.97%
  • 101-150

127 16.58%
  • 151-200

108 14.10%
  • 201-250

82 10.70%
  • 251-300

46 6.01%
  • 300-350

24 3.13%
  • 351+

53 6.92%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Merits question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Merits question

Just a question to people in other HNM lses with various high lvl jobs. How many merits do you have? Do you try to keep your merits spread across a few jobs or do you have a few jobs super pimped and some for the rest? Like.. for melee do you try to keep your weapons even or do you have one maxed? That type of stuff. Just curious how others have used theirs and such. :3

For the poll, count how many merits you have gained. Like.. if you have 3 HP merits and 1 MP merit then you have used 7 merits (1+2+3+1).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just got #201 (or wel 207 if I count my 3 deleted MP upgrades).
    It's focused on one job: MNK (which capped for me at 168 merits), my mage jobs can go fuck 'em self. Though they still get mertis thanks to me exping on my MNK. I stopped caring after MNK was capped, so my other jobs are capping rather slow.

Meh, Having ridill and Adaman hauberk I keep my WAR capped, I guess this also helps DRK a bit but not really. SAM and BLU are not even halfway capped. And I obviously went 8 sword and 4 axe.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

90 atm, but plan to have about 200 when im done. Sig has the details.
    Leveling WAR right now, when I hit 75 ill go back to finish off BLM, then ill work on BST and then ill figure out if I wanna do WAR. My WAR will be nothing but a merit whore unless I get some kick ass gear.

A. Body
    BG Level

There are actually people who have made 3.5m exp in merits? ~_~;
    That's like leveling 3-4 jobs to 75...and you can only get that many if you HAVE 3-4 jobs leveled to 75. ><;

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I guess I could have counted to be sure, but I said 151-200. All of them are for thief, though some crossover to my pld too (namely hp/enmity, but str/crits too).

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by LD
    There are actually people who have made 3.5m exp in merits? ~_~;
    That's like leveling 3-4 jobs to 75...and you can only get that many if you HAVE 3-4 jobs leveled to 75. ><;
    Me.

If count my erased merits which I played around with skill, HP MP ratio, w/e, over 400 @.@.

Atm 368 maxed.

A. Body
    BG Level

Erased merits?
    That tips me over to the next group.
    I thought we only counted the ones we have.

Personally, I think counting erased merits is the same as counting exp lost from dying.

...Damn, man. Where's your Maat's Cap? (I mean that in the NICEST WAY POSSIBLE.)

I think I'm over 350 right now (I experimented a lot in the past with different set-up's so quite a few of them were erased in the process) and of course all my non-job specific merit upgrades (Combat skill, attributes, others, etc.) revolve around Warrior and (DD-)tanking in general.

I just finished reconverting STR merits in DEX and exp'ed for a while with capped merits on 3 jobs, 10 points stored and 9999 limit points just to obliterate people on parser and accumulate IS points.

Having 100+ merits back then when the best exp camps were Decos and Uleguerand was way more impressive than having 350 nowadays though and if I wasn't capped for so long I would probably have around 450 merits by now.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

a

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My Merits have always been focused around DRK first. Whatever spots weren't capped, I put merits in based on how useful they were to my playstyle... I just finished Ranger recently, so I've been putting merits there. Totaled my merits to be around 225.

For weapons I did 8 Scythe, 4 Club... Although I've found myself using Kraken less and less so I've been debating taking out the club for Axe/Sword/Archery. (Leveling WAR atm) But I'm not realli sure what I want to do in that regard. Although most of the usefulness in merits is for when youre 75... having merits while you're leveling sometimes adds to experience.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I have 1 Lv 75 job. I have had it for the past 5+ years. I have 220+ merits. Put that altogether

A. Body
    BG Level

You're an importer?

I'm of the camp that if you use it. You should take the time to merit it properly.
    I'm headed towards cap on 3 jobs and couldn't be happier with the results. There's enough "bad" performers out there.

BLM THF BLU

MP and INT for BLM since it matters in everything it's used for.
    Dagger and Sword since I don't use BLU to xp with so much.
    Spell Int Rate for BLM and BLU and Crit Attack up for THF and BLU.

I could have 2-3 more L75 jobs if I just sunk my merits into it. But the jobs wouldn't be very good

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I got about 120 merits... I could and should have more but I'm always leveling another job

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaKnight
    I got about 120 merits... I could and should have more but I'm always leveling another job
    Get your BRD to 75 so I can whore you out in merit PTs :3

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I have close to about 200 merits with WAR and NIN. I've capped both of em and now leveling up PLD.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

http://www.forsakenhearts.net/ffxicalc/

One of my friends made this, sure it's most likely been posted somewhere on here before; but it's an extremely easy way to keep track of merit points. He updates it daily and has a whole bunch of other useful things in there too such as crafting recipes and different delay and haste calculations.

I actually DLd that when I saw this thread cause I didn't feel like adding it all myself. Good program. I like how it can keep track of current and desired exp, and even has an easy to use windower macro editor.

Anyway, I'm at 164 merits(Only 3 ever taken out. Includes the 4 I'm holding now). My 75 jobs are War, Mnk, Pld, and Drk. Currently working on Sam too.

Crit hit merits and Str merits(Currently at 4) are for all my jobs. I went with 5 MP 3 HP. Mostly got MP for pld and drk.

4 enmity merits for pld(originally got for warrior for tanking wyrms).

My combat merits are kinda a hodgepodge but the majority are in sword for warrior(originally meant for joyeuse, but when I got ridill it helped not having to go back and change them). In addition to the 8 sword merits, I have 2 h2h for mnk(gives me 280 which I believe breaks a damage tier), 1 axe merit(gives me 271 skill in both hands), and 1 shield merit that I threw in there when leveling pld just for the hell of it. Considering taking a h2h merit to throw into shield so I can hit exactly 300 with the mediocre sheild gear I have, but could just as easily get off my ass and upgrade gallant feet so meh.

For job specific, I capped berserk and aggressor merits right after ToA came out(and right when I hit 75 mnk). Have 3 counter 2 kick merits for mnk(keep meaning to finish, but get distracted by new jobs ; . Capped chivalry almost as soon as I finished pld, and have thrown one in guardian, and once I finish str I plan to cap sentinal and rampart first thing. No Drk merits yet, thats kinda on the backburner. Currently 67 sam and plan to cap store TP, meditate, overwhelm, and shikokyo(probably in that order), and then go back and finish drk merits(thinking SE recast, Diabolic Eye, Dark Seal, and LR effect, possibly in that order. Not sure yet), and then hopefully after all that I'll be ready to knuckle down and level Nin(no clue on what I'll do for nin merits yet).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

My focus is on PLD (for example, I have +enmity merits and sword/shield merits rather than scythe/great sword), since I use it more for LS events, but I have both jobs completely capped anyway. Nothing else left to merit, gotta level another job to 75 just to do so. (gonna be NIN ; ; )

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I stopped meriting when i hit 200 merits, have a couple past that now just from besieged/helping people out. Most of my merits are in blm, the job i use most at HNM, secondly into rng (my first "melee" job).
    Combat stills, 8/8 markmanship (Cor and Rng), the other 4 groups i like to change around depending on which job I'm currently lvling to 75.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast