BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Level Monk or Warrior next?

Having problems to decide which job to take to 75 next between Monk and Warrior. I plan to level both in the future but with a break inbetween.

I currently have 75 SMN/BLM/BLU/PUP and BLU is the only one fully meritted atm (8/8 Sword, its individual job merits, and full Blue Magic) and 2/5 STR

Now for the other data...

I don't have much for either job from the previous jobs except for Destroyers, Walhara Turban, and a Kraken Club (don't flame...)

If Monk...
    I will have Destroyers ready and I can put my remaining unused merits into 4/4 Hand-To-Hand which will also help my Puppetmaster (and I plan to get this torque from Sea first this fall when we start doing it)

If Warrior...
    Kraken Club to play with in certain parties with friends or that let me use it on certain mobs since this will be the only job that I have that can use it effectively (damn SE not letting Blu use it XD). With 8/8 Sword I can use Joytoy more effectively off-hand (when I start to camp it...) or a Company Sword off-hand

I don't do much endgame except Limbus but plan to return to Sky soon (not sure about Dynamis yet). This job will be treated like a 2nd main outside of some endgame that I don't use BLU on and for meriting.

I have some gil to ride on but from my understanding Warrior will cost more than Monk endgame.

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

lvl drk so u can kraken it up

Quote Originally Posted by killerx
    Yeh.

Your KC or Flamings?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

no its mine, starr lol XD earned it before his in the shell

but rather not level DRK gehh XD

All my jobs so far aren't the most chosen jobs for stuff like merit and such... rather not do another one like DRK atm =\

Only between Monk and Warrior! :O Hi starr

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Both?

I was wondering the same thing at a point, but since I had BST leveled, I decided to go WAR because I could use basicly the same equip. I might lvl MNK if I get some gear for it.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Sword merits can be nice for WAR, but it's worth keeping in mind that it's much easier to get "the best" gear for MNK than it is for WAR.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

felt the same, Bagel

Yuyx, I plan to do both but there will be a huge gap inbetween each because of University and just tired of leveling for a bit after one of them

CHELLLLLLLLLLLLL
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Garnet Cat
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Warrior <3

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I say MNK for you.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Well you have a KC, which is fun on a dark. However, the sword merits will be awsome if u can get your hands on a ridill. KC works for WAR too, so i would go for war or drk. ^^

Banned.

BG Level

LEVEL DRG IF YOU WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME ON HARD MODE.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    LEVEL DRG IF YOU WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME ON HARD MODE.
    He said he was leveling PUP, he's already playing on Super Hard.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm pretty much done doing HNM camping for who knows how long, so Riddil won't happen ;; ... the most I will do is Limbus, Sky, and possibly Dynamis later

Actually Metah I finished lvling PUP to 75 XD

Yea, Vagus, that is my main issue. If it wasn't for the fact of the KC I would be a bit more inclined to play with MNK first as a slightly "easier" going job after having done PUP.

Not touching DRK though XD

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by KokoroNoKawari

Actually Metah I finished lvling PUP to 75 XD

/uninstall, you beat FFXI.

On a serious note, I went WAR instead of MNK when I had this decision, but I liked slicing shit more than beatin shit

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

monk is a lot easier to gear up than war, but is a lot more boring to exp than war

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by yrpaine
    monk is a lot easier to gear up than war, but is a lot more boring to exp than war
    Zerk/Cry/Aggresor/Uts compared to.... Boost/Focus/Chakra/Dodge/Chi/Counterstance/Uts(or Zerk/Cry)

I only have 75 War, am I missing something that makes Mnk boring?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Mnk if you plan to do salvage (mnk is good for solo/duo, but all your job are good at that anyway)

War is just as good as mnk in xp pt, better or equal to mnk in most endgame event (but quite frankly, it doesnt really matter).

War can walk around /nin all day and do fine in any situation. Mnk need to change between /nin and /war more often. It's not really a problem, but it's nice to be ready for any situations

In the end, go DRK since you have a krakken already.

I only have 75 War, am I missing something that makes Mnk boring?
    Tanking on war. Mnk/nin do it too in many situation tho...so w/e. Both jobs are still similar

i took war to 75, and while i love meriting with it, as people have mentioned i think i'd be doing even more damage had i leveled mnk (since my nin is pimped out and i have dbody and 2/3 BB items sitting in storage) with what gear i have available. my war is no slouch, though.

i don't get to use it much anyway with pld and nin as my main jobs.

my next is either gonna be blm or mnk. blm if i plan on getting back into ground hnm sometime (right now my college schedule doesn't allow for it), mnk if i wanna have fun for myself. maybe i'm weird, but i get bored always meriting on the same job time and time again. i like the idea of being able to switch between nin war or mnk for merits.

that said, if i get homam body and kraken club before i finish leveling my next job to 75, i'm immediately putting that job on hold and leveling drk. immediately.

anyway, in the end ask yourself why you're leveling either of those jobs to 75. if you want to have a usefull and versatile melee job for HNM, war is the way to go. if you just want something that can beat the crap out of stuff in merits and salvage and limbus but is fairly one-dimensional, go mnk.

+obligatory "play whatever you enjoy most" comment

Old Merits
    BG Level

Mnk, you've got some merits and gear for it already. Whereas if you wanted to level War you wouldn't have any axe merits and would have to work your merits around which is a fucking pain.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by killerx