E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Actually I think they're all trying to cock-block Brittney Spears' psycho ass from getting more attention than she already has.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Wait wait wait... you want Imus in the news? He said some shit, apologized for it, let's freaking move on already...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

way to miss the point

One story at a time America, one story at a time.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

oh crap, the guy just killed the hostage and himself at nasa, a prelude to a de facto police-state? stop giving any excuse to indulge our power hungry administration.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

What happend in Nasa?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya
    What happend in Nasa?
    http://news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn&q=

HOUSTON - A NASA contract worker took a handgun inside an office building Friday at the Johnson Space Center and fatally shot a hostage before killing himself, police said. A second hostage escaped with minor injuries.

The gunman was able to take a snub-nosed revolver past NASA security and barricade himself in the building, which houses communications and tracking systems for the space shuttle.

Officers walk outside an evacuated building at NASA's Johnson Space Center Friday, April 20, 2007 in Houston. A NASA contract worker armed with a handgun killed a hostage and then himself after a nearly four-hour standoff in an office building at Johnson Space Center, Houston police said.[AP]

NASA spokesman Doug Peterson said the agency would review its security.

"Any organization would take a good, hard look at the kind of review process we have with people," Peterson said.

To enter the space center, workers flash an ID badge as they drive past a security guard. The badge allows workers access to designated buildings.

The slain hostage, a man who was shot in the chest, was probably killed "in the early minutes of the whole ordeal," police Capt. Dwayne Ready said.

A second hostage, a woman, escaped after being bound to a chair with duct tape, Ready said.

The gunman, an employee of Jacobs Engineering of Pasadena, Calif., shot himself once in the head more than three hours after the standoff began, police said. Initial reports indicated two shots were fired at about 1:40 p.m. and another shot was heard about 5 p.m.

None of the people involved was immediately identified.

John Prosser, executive vice president of Jacobs Engineering, confirmed that the gunman was a company employee but declined to release any information about him.

During the confrontation, NASA employees in the building were evacuated and others were ordered to remain in their offices for several hours. Roads within the 1,600-acre space center campus were also blocked off, and a nearby middle school kept its teachers and students inside as classes ended.

Doors to Mission Control were locked as standard procedure.

NASA employees and contract workers were kept informed of the situation by e-mail.

Michael Zolensky, who studies cosmic dust, said workers were gathered around a television watching news reports of the situation.

President Bush was informed about the gunman as he flew back to Washington from an event in Michigan, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said.

Jacobs Engineering provides engineering for the international space station, space shuttle and other spacecraft programs, and conducts research and development for new technology. In 2005, the company received a five-year contract with the space center worth up to $1.15 billion.

The good news is that it is Lyrid season.

After the moon goes down (2am) on Sunday and Monday we might get a good meteor shower or we might not.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Devek
    HOUSTON - A NASA contract worker took a handgun inside an office building Friday at the Johnson Space Center and fatally shot a hostage before killing himself, police said. A second hostage escaped with minor injuries.

The gunman was able to take a snub-nosed revolver past NASA security and barricade himself in the building, which houses communications and tracking systems for the space shuttle.

Officers walk outside an evacuated building at NASA's Johnson Space Center Friday, April 20, 2007 in Houston. A NASA contract worker armed with a handgun killed a hostage and then himself after a nearly four-hour standoff in an office building at Johnson Space Center, Houston police said.[AP]

NASA spokesman Doug Peterson said the agency would review its security.

"Any organization would take a good, hard look at the kind of review process we have with people," Peterson said.

To enter the space center, workers flash an ID badge as they drive past a security guard. The badge allows workers access to designated buildings.

The slain hostage, a man who was shot in the chest, was probably killed "in the early minutes of the whole ordeal," police Capt. Dwayne Ready said.

A second hostage, a woman, escaped after being bound to a chair with duct tape, Ready said.

The gunman, an employee of Jacobs Engineering of Pasadena, Calif., shot himself once in the head more than three hours after the standoff began, police said. Initial reports indicated two shots were fired at about 1:40 p.m. and another shot was heard about 5 p.m.

None of the people involved was immediately identified.

John Prosser, executive vice president of Jacobs Engineering, confirmed that the gunman was a company employee but declined to release any information about him.

During the confrontation, NASA employees in the building were evacuated and others were ordered to remain in their offices for several hours. Roads within the 1,600-acre space center campus were also blocked off, and a nearby middle school kept its teachers and students inside as classes ended.

Doors to Mission Control were locked as standard procedure.

NASA employees and contract workers were kept informed of the situation by e-mail.

Michael Zolensky, who studies cosmic dust, said workers were gathered around a television watching news reports of the situation.

President Bush was informed about the gunman as he flew back to Washington from an event in Michigan, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said.

Jacobs Engineering provides engineering for the international space station, space shuttle and other spacecraft programs, and conducts research and development for new technology. In 2005, the company received a five-year contract with the space center worth up to $1.15 billion.
    God April sucks.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

erhm... just now today the chief engineer of NASA just have a seminar talk about what NASA doing now and future in my college, seem like the shooting occur almost same time as the seminar start >.>

Sea Torques
    BG Level

and now a blue angel,what the fuck

Jesus, stop playing wow and get back to keeping the peace !

Relic Shield
    BG Level

all i'm reading in the paper in VA tech.

How long will the media whore this out?

Until we start bombing Iran.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by finale23
    oh crap, the guy just killed the hostage and himself at nasa, a prelude to a de facto police-state? stop giving any excuse to indulge our power hungry administration.
    were you born this retarded? holy shit, let's make some obscure connection that has nothing to do with the story as a cheap-shot!