BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Haste cap on Equipment     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Haste cap on Equipment

If i remember correctly the cap was 25% on equipment correct? I have a friend who continues to claim that is not the cap, but of course his claim is by observation and no test results, hence instant lose, but to further godwin this, i need the test results that prove that is the cap, anybody have em?

Edit: he has 19% haste, and then claims he can get 39% haste with shinobi earing latent active.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

25% gear, 25% spell

Naver

Haste spell - 15%
    March2 - 11% (w/ +1 instrument)
    March1 - 9% (w/ +1 instrument)
    Haidate - 5%
    Turban - 5%
    Swift/Speed - 4%/6%
    Dusk Hands/+1 - 3%/4%
    Dusk Feet/+1 - 2%/3%
    (- Unicorn/+1 - 3%/4%)

Cap I'm almost positive is 50%, you can easily reach this with double march, haste, haidates, turban and swift/speed belt.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    25% gear, 25% spell

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I thought cap was just 50% period. Therefore if you do not have any spells on you can technically get 50% Haste in gear? (If that's even possible gearwise.)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What about Haste Belt? its independent of Gear and Spell but does it cap if you have 50% already?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Haste cap for recast is 50%. From what I've read haste cap on melee swings is 70%.

So wait, double march is useless? if march2 = 11, march 1 = 9, and haste = 15, then under no circumstances is march 1 ever useful, as march2 + haste is already over cap

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    So wait, double march is useless? if march2 = 11, march 1 = 9, and haste = 15, then under no circumstances is march 1 ever useful, as march2 + haste is already over cap
    I have never heard of the spell haste effects having a cap until this thread. I know I've reached the recast cap of 50% without 25% haste in gear. But in many cases I also only need March 2 when tanking on pld, Ballad 2 is more useful. For melee swings march 1 is still useful because that has a higher cap.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Haste cap for recast is 50%. From what I've read haste cap on melee swings is 70%.
    Yep, max for spell is 50% and max for melee 70%, equipment should be 25%, meaning getting more than 25% haste is pointless. 15% can be obtained from the haste spell, and i dont know how much from brd songs.

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    For recast purposes, 2 marches and haste nearly caps you. For melee haste purposes, you still benefit a whole lot from a second march -- in fact, you benefit a TON from a second march, because of accelerating returns on haste.

Shinobi earring and haste belt haste effect don't seem to count as equipment-based haste.

Naver

MNK setup

5 - Turban
    5 - Haidate
    3 - Fumas (Granted im talking about haste, not kick attacks)
    12 - Black Belt

25 - Total Haste from gear

15 - Haste Spell
    20 - Double March

35 - Haste from spells

60% - Haste combined on MNKs

Anything else faster? As Aurik mentioned already usually double march and haste bring you to recast cap, as for melee attack cap, I've heard it was around 70%, but again it's only what I've heard.

NIN/DRG
    5 - Turban
    5 - Haidate
    4/6 - Swift/Speed
    3/4 - Dusk/+1
    3 - Fumas
    5 - Wyvern Earring
    20 - Shinobi Earring
    4 - Shinobi Ring

49/52 - Latent activated gear
    35 - Haste Spells

84%/87% Haste in that possible setup, Realistacally 60%/63% Haste

Edit: Forgot about SV Marches, since it doubles potency it makes it 40% haste. MNK setup with SV marches and Haste = 80% Anyone want to disprove this theory please go for it, I have nothing else better to do at this time of day. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Naver
    MNK setup

5 - Turban
    5 - Haidate
    3 - Fumas (Granted im talking about haste, not kick attacks)
    12 - Black Belt

25 - Total Haste from gear

15 - Haste Spell
    20 - Double March

35 - Haste from spells

60% - Haste combined on MNKs

Anything else faster? As Aurik mentioned already usually double march and haste bring you to recast cap, as for melee attack cap, I've heard it was around 70%, but again it's only what I've heard.

NIN/DRG
    5 - Turban
    5 - Haidate
    4/6 - Swift/Speed
    3/4 - Dusk/+1
    3 - Fumas
    5 - Wyvern Earring
    20 - Shinobi Earring
    4 - Shinobi Ring

49/52 - Latent activated gear
    35 - Haste Spells

84%/87% Haste in that possible setup, Realistacally 60%/63% Haste

Edit: Forgot about SV Marches, since it doubles potency it makes it 40% haste. MNK setup with SV marches and Haste = 80% Anyone want to disprove this theory please go for it, I have nothing else better to do at this time of day. lol
    saw a vid of a nin testing this a while back was hitting like he had 100fists on

found the original vid up on KI long time ago ganna look for it now

in mean time heres 1 i found last week on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp3-7bCakUk

Edit
    couldent find the original i was lookig for but heres anouther with nin offhanding merc kris this time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJV1oiXzPOU

BG Level

sig to hueg, less now plz

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

Recast: 25% equip, 25% PER spell. However, you can't exceed 50% recast reduction.

Melee:

From what I've read haste cap on melee swings is 70%.
    You read, but the post in question didn't say the cap for melee haste was 70%. The cap for some delay tiers was around 70%. The idea is essentially, if your weapon falls within one of the 5 delay tiers, as all melee weapons do, the tier has a "lowest possible delay". So you can't really say "this % is the melee haste cap", because its going to be different for each weapon. The tiers seem to coincide with the 5 different TP return tiers.

So to be clear, the lowest delay you can have on your weapon is based on static number for the delay tier of your weapon. The % of haste needed to get to that number will be different for each weapon with different delays because its not limited by a haste cap, but by a delay cap. Two weapons that have similar delays that fall with in the same tier will be limited to the same delay limit, but the haste needed to achieve that delay limit will be different. Weapons that have a similar delay but fall into different delay tiers have 2 different delay limits because its set by the tier they fall under. The only time when the max haste would be applicable to more then one weapon, is when the weapons in question have identical delays.

Quote Originally Posted by kareface
    Recast: 25% equip, 25% PER spell. However, you can't exceed 50% recast reduction.

Melee:

From what I've read haste cap on melee swings is 70%.
    You read, but the post in question didn't say the cap for melee haste was 70%. The cap for some delay tiers was around 70%. The idea is essentially, if your weapon falls within one of the 5 delay tiers, as all melee weapons do, the tier has a "lowest possible delay". So you can't really say "this % is the melee haste cap", because its going to be different for each weapon. The tiers seem to coincide with the 5 different TP return tiers.

So to be clear, the lowest delay you can have on your weapon is based on static number for the delay tier of your weapon. The % of haste needed to get to that number will be different for each weapon with different delays because its not limited by a haste cap, but by a delay cap. Two weapons that have similar delays that fall with in the same tier will be limited to the same delay limit, but the haste needed to achieve that delay limit will be different. Weapons that have a similar delay but fall into different delay tiers have 2 different delay limits because its set by the tier they fall under. The only time when the max haste would be applicable to more then one weapon, is when the weapons in question have identical delays.
    You need to cite a source for this incredible claim.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Can the king post the conclution now?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Falaras
    What about Haste Belt? its independent of Gear and Spell but does it cap if you have 50% already?
    Haste belt (Enchanted one) Doesn't count towards cap. Upon usage gives you the haste icon, but it's possible to still have the haste spell cast upon you so you have two haste icons.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fallso
    Haste belt (Enchanted one) Doesn't count towards cap. Upon usage gives you the haste icon, but it's possible to still have the haste spell cast upon you so you have two haste icons.
    Speaking of which, I want to see a screenshot with 3 Haste icons on the same person at the same time. (Without DAT editing)

Anyone know the third way to get haste icon? ;o

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallso
    Speaking of which, I want to see a screenshot with 3 Haste icons on the same person at the same time. (Without DAT editing)

Anyone know the third way to get haste icon? ;o
    The only other form of Haste I can think of is from Garuda and that doesn't stack with WHM/RDM haste.