Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level

Has anyone found a 'simple' way to do 'Lebros Supplies' yet?

Only strat I've heard of is one that involves a LOT of powder boots.
    Not so good when your only job that can wear them is lvl 50. ~_~;

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The only 'simple' way to win involves mazurka and w.legs.

I've won every other assault (except the newest ones since my static broke and nobody else is SM rank to do them with me) except Lebros Supplies... and I never want to go back to try again. I've been routinely using the powder boots left over from all my attempts back when assaults first came out, and I still have about 5 pairs left.

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Sadly.. this is also true for me.

Beaten everything except for about 4 assaults now.. and this is one of them.

Short of freaking hacking.. I see no easy way to do this assault.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Movement speed item (like gaiters or wlegs) and sub thf. Wasn't too hard when everyone had some sort of +speed item and /thf to get around quickly. Then again I did this back when there was only 3 ranks so maybe they changed something.

Why bother?

This is the only one I have never beat... but I just Spamed another till it let my Static move on... Now We are all just Chill'n as Chief Sergeant doing the Easy ones for Extra points waiting for the next Rank up Quest.

I just dont see the point in wasting Tags on it since you dont need 100% Completion to move on

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

beat this one, it's all about not getting pincered by two Lamias.

There are no lamias in lebros <_<

The red dragons

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Fuck this assault

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

We beat this one with w.legs, heralds gaiters, and a whole lot of melee damage.

I don't want to do it again

Gaiters/storm crackows/striders/crimson + powder boots + THF sub + have someone death pull all the crawlers to some remote area, they move very very slowly after losing aggro. Regardless this mission is the gayest of all by far and there really isn't much to gain by beating it, if you're having a hard time you'll probably save more tags by doing 5 of something else for rank up.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

This took my static 4 tries when it first came out, to beat it. We did it because we didn't know about the points system and thought we had to beat all the missions to finish that set and be prepared for rank up.

No powder boots, just THF sub on a few and a couple NIN mains at night. And one person to keep track of feedings (the death puller).

A. Body
    BG Level

So this assault kinda sucks for perfectionists, such as myself?
    Great. -_-

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Then again, if you're really a perfectionist, you'd have this Assault completed by now.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Nin boots and do this at night is also viable.

1/1 on this we managed to pull a win with a pickup party. Just take people that knows how to run

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by LD
    So this assault kinda sucks for perfectionists, such as myself?
    Great. -_-
    It's quite do-able with planning. Our group was 1/1 on it, you just need 6 of the right people and a well laid out plan before going in.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I went 1/2 on it. This is not, by a long stretch, my least favorite assault. There are two key areas really:

1. Like people have said, +movement. Everyone should have something.../THF, powder boots, as much as they can. At the time, I was BRD/THF with one pair of powder boots. We had one person who couldn't wear boots, but fortunately he had gaiters as well as /THF.

2. Coordination. Have one person responsible for assigning NPCs to everyone. This makes sure that there is no wasted effort.

We had a NIN sac all the crawlers and started moving out the food ASAP (also had a RDM/BLM tractor and raise the NIN so he could do the same). The first time, there must have been some communications misunderstanding, as we thought we had all of them fed but clearly didn't, and couldn't track the miscreant down in time. I guess I blame myself, since I was the coordinator ^^ The second time went through with no troubles.

Honestly, this one is difficult but at least the path to victory is clear, and it doesn't randomly twist around and skull-fuck you. Unlike, say, the penguin catching one or the dumb bitch looking for her ring, neither of which I've completed (0/2 on those and they can rot). I think I went 1/3 or 1/4 on Supplies Recovery (with 3 people) before we worked out a good strategy.

Also, like others have said, if you find an assault you just can't seem to complete, there's no harm in working around it. I personally despise Building Bridges, but that really hasn't gotten in my way at all.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Still seems weird that there is no 'trick' at all to beating it. Most assaults, especially at that low of a rank aren't really all that challenging. Seems odd to have this one rogue mission be like the ultimate experience in grueling terror, or coordination and teamwork, or what have you.

Also seems strange that, if W legs and whatnot are required to win, it's literally impossible while capped without strider boots or thf. I know it's not like anyone actually does any assaults capped, or like we have loads of faith in SE, but you'd think they'd at least confirm that the mission is possible to complete at the 'recommended level' (... do not mention AV here, that's an extreme and special case).

Not like I can think of a better way to do it, my group just skipped it. I'm just saying if there's not a trick we're missing, then it's not just hard, it's a serious design flaw.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Frodorn
    I just dont see the point in wasting Tags on it since you dont need 100% Completion to move on
    Never know, there might be some type of future reward for completing them all since it does keep track. Perhaps we'll find out soon enough when all the Assaults are implimented.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Re: Has anyone found a 'simple' way to do 'Lebros Supplies' yet?

This mission really isn't all that hard our set party (which now pretty much gone cuase most of them quit) won the our 2nd try when it first came out. I used, w.legs and a couple powder boots, 2 people with gaiters, 1 with ninja af feet, 1 striders, 1 person with 4 powder boots. Most of us had thf sub except 1 person as i recall.

First off we had a ninja aggro all the crawlers in the area and die in the SE section. We feed all the npcs, NE, NW and SW sections. Then we had him train all the crawlers to the NE section. Then finished off the SE.

Its really not hard at all as long as you have 6 people and they all have some type of movement gear or powder boots.