+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Season so far     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Baseball Season so far

Any baseball fans here? I for one am, and thank God it is here to relieve us of the drought that the NHL brings.

Thoughts so far:
    -lol @ Red Sox sweeping the Yankees, and coming from behind in every game
    -lol @ Mariano Rivera getting old and not being nearly as good, and losing his cool throwing at that dude's head
    -but of course.. lol @ the Red Sox probably blowing it in like August and letting the Yankees win the division again. (Don't want it to happen but probably will)
    -lol @ Dice K not being that great thus far. Yes his first game was dominating, but since then not so much:
    2-2 record 4.00 ERA ... not horrible, but not worth 103 million either
    - @ Bonds looking like it is only a matter of time before the best record in sports is tainted forever. But on that same note lol @ Bud Selig not even acknowleding it, and Hank Aaron not wanting to have anything to do with it. Way to go Barry becoming the most hated player in MLB. I still think it is only a matter of time before A-Rod breaks his all time home run record anyway, unless he gets hurt over and over (Griffey)
    -Lastly HOLY FUCKING SHIT at A-Rod so far. 14 home runs in 18 games, something like 34 RBIs, this is really fuckin' crazy. I hope it continues, and by season's end will pass Bond's season record, and that the season record will overshadow Bond's since everyone's hates him.

at my Pittsburgh Pirates, gogogo 17th straight losing season coming

Post your thoughts

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Re: Baseball Season so far

Quote Originally Posted by Po
    at my Pittsburgh Pirates, gogogo 17th straight losing season coming

Post your thoughts
    I want my Sean Casey back.

QFT

or Brian Giles, way to just disappear after you leave the Pirates.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yeah, somehow all the criticism from his past yankees postseasons came to a head and actually made him not give a shit about doing bad...

so now he's totally destroying pitchers, lol.

too bad they can't win a game.

-Lastly HOLY FUCKING SHIT at A-Rod so far. 14 home runs in 18 games, something like 34 RBIs, this is really fuckin' crazy. I hope it continues, and by season's end will pass Bond's season record, and that the season record will overshadow Bond's since everyone's hates him.
    I think whats even more impressive than that is the .400 BA and the 1.053 Slugging Percentage. These are not just great numbers or someone having a great start to their season. This has never been done before. I don't care if you don't like the man, or like the team he's on, but you gotta respect someone who is making history with every swing of the bat. I for one couldn't be happier for him.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Lol at Bosox having to come from behind against the yankees with a pitching staff that even the yankees have never heard of. Seriously it's Pettite and then nobody.

As a Yankees fan, it makes me sad we can't win games even with A-Rod the monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    As a Yankees fan, it makes me sad we can't win games even with A-Rod the monster.
    Agreed. I work in an office of Yankee haters and my best friends are all Met fans. It been a rough first couple of weeks. I'm goin to the May 19 Yankee/Met game at Shea with my Met fan friends. It could get nasty. I'm still gonna wear a Yankee Jersey tho so that should be fun^^

- @ Bonds looking like it is only a matter of time before the best record in sports is tainted forever. But on that same note lol @ Bud Selig not even acknowleding it, and Hank Aaron not wanting to have anything to do with it. Way to go Barry becoming the most hated player in MLB.
    Everyone's going to be surprised at how well the Giants are going to do this year (assuming they can start hitting consistently). I think they have the most underrated rotation in all of baseball. Zito, Cain, and Morris are all studs and can win 15+ each and Lowry and Ortiz are nothing to scoff at either.

Bonds, though, always has to catch flack, doesn't he?

Steroids did not make him a great player. He would have been one of the top 10 players in baseball history even if he never took any steroids, they simply made him the greatest ever. He will break the record in late May/early June and it will be the most important thing to happen since Aaron broke the record himself, even though people won't care.

It will be the most important thing for the wrong reasons. True I am a Pirate fan, and I am jaded because he cost us the 1992 NLCS. But saying he is the best ever is the biggest fucking joke ever. There are so many hitters better than him it is not even close:
    Ted Williams for one, last guy to hit 400, and won 2 triple crowns in 3 years, give me a break Bonds fanboy.

it will be the most important thing to happen since Aaron broke the record himself
    Correction, it will be the worst thing to happen to baseball since Aaron broke the record, and I will pray for the day that someone breaks his record.

Obviously Hank Aaron himself realizes this.

As far as being great before he started taking 'roids you are correct. He was a great player, one of the best in baseball. But when your list of home runs per season goes 40-40-40-40-40-40-70-20-15, etc. There is something wrong. Even his former teammate Andy Van Slyke said you do not peak at 40 years old.

The one great thing is he will have the record for most homeruns ever when he retires and will not make it in the hall of fame

"I'm not going to be around," Aaron told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution about the possibility of attending a Giants-Braves game in Atlanta. "I'd probably fly to West Palm Beach to play golf."

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 00362/1004

I'm sorry but that made me LOL. Can you blame him tho?

Exactly, fucking classic.

Pretty much saying, go suck a dick Bonds.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I for one never mind the Yankees doing poorly at the beginning of the season. This happened a few years ago, and it ends up balancing itself out. It also helps weed out the bandwagon yankee fans that give the rest of us who stick with the team always a bad name.

Wang and Mussina will be back soon, all they need is for one of the younger guys to step up and be consistent. I like Jeff Karstens even though he's been rough at times. I think with a little help from the vets in the bullpen he could be very good.

A-rod is absolutely insane. Even if you don't like baseball, you should tune in to say you watched the guy play in 2007. If he keeps up his pace even remotely the same way he is now, it could be the greatest hitting performance baseball has ever seen.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

While I'm greatly enjoying my Red Sox' start this season, I realize it doesn't matter, since they're gonna nosedive in September again.

CHELLLLLLLLLLLLL
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Garnet Cat
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I don't read up a lot but I love baseball :D go Mariners!

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

-lol @ Dice K not being that great thus far. Yes his first game was dominating, but since then not so much:
    2-2 record 4.00 ERA ... not horrible, but not worth 103 million either
    Don't forget Matsuzaka's record is very inaccurate of how he has pitched. His second and third games (the loses) he let up a total of 5 earned runs in 13 innings. During those two games he got a total of one run of support. His only struggling game has been against the Yankees, and as much as I hate them you really can't expect any pitcher to have an easy time with that line-up. Hell, he even struck out A-rod twice after beaning him.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I always laugh at how people treat A-Rod. Whether it's cheering or booing, in NY it's usually all about "What have you done for me today?". A-Rod is insane right now so everyone is saying how great he is. 6 Months ago people were calling for his head. Personally, I don't believe the fans will truly be behind him until he delivers in the post season and I honestly feel he deserves better than that, but that just seems to be how things are generally in NY (in my opinion of course).

Randomly, I'm hoping for a subway series this year. My team has always been the Mets so I'm hoping for a little revenge from the last one considering how much better a team we are now compared to 6-7 years ago. I'm just slightly afraid of how Atlanta has improved from last year...First 2 series have not been promising -_-

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

As every year b4. I will still cheer on the Cubs. Go Cubs.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I was gonna make a post about baseball back when dice-k was facing yanks, but then i remembered that noone gives a shit about baseball. Anywho, april predictions...

Dice-k will win 20 games and lead the red sox to the world series

A-rod will win the MVP, and despite putting up an astounding number of post season HRs, will lose to the Red Sox in the ALCS because of poor pitching.

A-Rod will pass Hank Aaron before barry bonds.

As far as bonds goes, i really don't care. Pitchers were juicing, bonds was juicing, whatever. Bonds is one of the best players of all time...period. He is a hall of famer, he should be a first ballot hall of famer. He was a hall of famer long before steroids. I don't place the blame as much on bonds as i do sellig, easily the worst GM in all of sports. I don't think the record will last another 12-15 years anyway. Arod will go for 800+ if he opts out to a hitter-friendly park.

Last: Tori Hunter better not get fucking suspended for 3 years for sending the royals a bottle of wine. Hunter is my fav baseball player

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

a

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast