+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XII     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Final Fantasy XII

My Rant:

...is quite possibly one of the worst Final Fantasy games I have ever played. Seriously. This game has worse end game than fucking FFXI. I've been playing it now for the last five hours. Simply put, I don't think I can stand this game any fucking more. First off, this random treasure bullshit is fucktardedly stupid. I spent the last hour trying to get the Excalibur (a "guaranteed" treasure) only to get 1 gil. 1.fucking.gil. I want to rip out my hair.

The zones are retardedly high level and boring as hell. It generally involves the same mob and 84648287489234874387 monsters of the same type that use the same fucking status affect on you over and over and over. I spent a couple hours in Nabudis for what? Not a fucking thing. 3 White Fangs and 2 Red Fangs. Wow, pathetic.

Hate management in this game is also pretty fucking sad. There is no provoke of any sort, only a half-shit spell that doesn't even work 50% of the time, and even then it's not guaranteed. In one hour I wasted 20 phoenix downs on Penelo and only Penelo.

The story in this is pathetically sub-par. There are a few catchy things that will draw your interest, but aside from that, the story is a bit bland. Maybe I just had too long of an interval between play periods, but it's all politics, with just a little bit of magic involved (aka a nuclear weapon).

ONE THING I CAN'T STAND THE MOST is when I tell my people to attack the SAME MOB, but they continue to go to others. My gambits specifically say, "Party leader target" but that doesn't stop them from doing whatever the fuck they want to. The AI in this game is fucking stupid. EVEN MY PARTY LEADER will go astray and be retarded.

The LP system is okay, but you have to spend so many fucking points just so you can think about getting it. That or you have to spend 15 hours just to get one item. No fucking thanks.

The characters in this game are really sad. The only good character is Balthier and maybe Fran... the rest are mind-numbingly bland.

God damn, I can't believe I wasted 60 hours on this shit. One last dungeon and I'm done with this garbage for ever. Don't waste your money on this crap folks.

End Rant

Seriously though... is there anything I can do to help me from throwing my playstation controller at the television? I have already thrown it twice, and three times I've had to shut it off in total frustration and disdain. HELP ME BG IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN SAVE THIS GAME? I *refuse* to sit there and level for hours upon end, I do that enough in FFXI and I will NOT do that in a single player game, ever. Please, please help me. ; ;

*POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING*

I am currently at the end of the game, so I've played through all of it almost. All I have to do is take the Strahl to the Bahamut and that's it, I'm done. (Right? God I hope so)

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Maybe you shouldn't have invested so much time into a game you didn't like?

Perhaps loading up FFVII with it's "amazing" graphics and beating off to Cloud and wondering why your pathetically small member can't be like is massive sword is more your speed? I doubt that will get the sand out of our vagina but maybe you can cry yourself to sleep knowing that you willfully wasted your time playing a game you didn't like (which a lot of people, including critics, really did enjoy).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

queue the auto leveling link @ gamefaqs

Re: Final Fantasy XII

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    My Rant:

...is quite possibly one of the worst Final Fantasy games I have ever played. Seriously. This game has worse end game than fucking FFXI. I've been playing it now for the last five hours. Simply put, I don't think I can stand this game any fucking more. First off, this random treasure bullshit is fucktardedly stupid. I spent the last hour trying to get the Excalibur (a "guaranteed" treasure) only to get 1 gil. 1.fucking.gil. I want to rip out my hair.
    That's the way it works, sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don't. Here's the catch though. If you want a treasure chest chances to reset you have to move back 3 zones. Also, the chest for Excalibur is 100%, although the chance for the chest appearing is 20%. I'm sure you know this, but you need a Diamond Armlet to get the item.

If Excalibur annoys you that much I dread to think what you did when you wanted any other rare items in any other FF games. IIRC timesinks in any RPG take time. Never, NEVER attempt to get a Tournesol if Excalibur pisses you off.

The zones are retardedly high level and boring as hell. It generally involves the same mob and 84648287489234874387 monsters of the same type that use the same fucking status affect on you over and over and over. I spent a couple hours in Nabudis for what? Not a fucking thing. 3 White Fangs and 2 Red Fangs. Wow, pathetic.
    Really? I never noticed that. Surely no other FF game does that. And if you want to stop being hassled by status effects how about taking some precautionary measure? Like having 1 person with an immune status effect casting Esunaga? Why did you spend a couple of hours in Nabudis? If it was solely for treasure or equipment you went to the wrong place, did you know you can buy some of the best armour/accs/techs from the gobby merchant there? You can also get Grand Armours from NMs there.

Hate management in this game is also pretty fucking sad. There is no provoke of any sort, only a half-shit spell that doesn't even work 50% of the time, and even then it's not guaranteed. In one hour I wasted 20 phoenix downs on Penelo and only Penelo.
    Decoy works, very very well. Keep it on only 1 person, although the initial strike may be against someone else (aka the person who approaches first) the rest will be on the Decoyed person. I know it works extremely well, I've used it on hunts like KB, Hell Wyrm, Fafnir and The Seer (no Yaizmat yet), and those hunts would've fucked me good without Decoy. Apart from that, the person doing the most damage or curing a lot of HP gets hate, a lot like FFXI.

The story in this is pathetically sub-par. There are a few catchy things that will draw your interest, but aside from that, the story is a bit bland. Maybe I just had too long of an interval between play periods, but it's all politics, with just a little bit of magic involved (aka a nuclear weapon).
    Story is something not everyone likes, but I kinda agree, before the Crystal Grand I thought the story was pretty lame.

ONE THING I CAN'T STAND THE MOST is when I tell my people to attack the SAME MOB, but they continue to go to others. My gambits specifically say, "Party leader target" but that doesn't stop them from doing whatever the fuck they want to. The AI in this game is fucking stupid. EVEN MY PARTY LEADER will go astray and be retarded.
    Simple solution, use better gambits. What gambits do you have set to "Party Leader's Target"? The others won't do anything unless the leader targets, either that or you have something stupid like "Cure" "PLsT". If the leader a PLT gambit they need to manually select the targets. Here's what I normally do, set everyone's attack gambit to "Foe: Lowest Max HP" or any gambit similar, sometimes even "For: Lowest HP", meaning they'll rape anything with the lowest HP, usually unifying your assault. For bosses that summon stuff with HP lower then themselves, just set it to "Foe: Highest Speed" or some shit. You kinda have to experiment with your gambit to see what works, seems like you haven't played around with a lot.

The LP system is okay, but you have to spend so many fucking points just so you can think about getting it. That or you have to spend 15 hours just to get one item. No fucking thanks.
    Too easy, get some Golden...uhh, bangles? Bracelets? Amulets? Golden something. Equip them to everyone in your PT and go nuts killing stuff. You'll be surprised how much double LP speeds up everything. Not only that, if the people you aren't using have Golden thingies equipped they'll still get double LP. My reserves had upwards of 20000 LP because of these things.

The characters in this game are really sad. The only good character is Balthier and maybe Fran... the rest are mind-numbingly bland.
    Same with the story, I like Ashe though, nice to have a heroin that isn't like Yuna, Dagger, Rinoa, Tifa/Aeris blah blah boring blah. And I thought Fran was boring, but all of them have their quirks that make them cool at moments.

God damn, I can't believe I wasted 60 hours on this shit. One last dungeon and I'm done with this garbage for ever. Don't waste your money on this crap folks.

End Rant
    You must be some kinda masicist if you played a game for 60 hours and you didn't even like it... You into S&M? >_>

Seriously though... is there anything I can do to help me from throwing my playstation controller at the television? I have already thrown it twice, and three times I've had to shut it off in total frustration and disdain. HELP ME BG IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN SAVE THIS GAME? I *refuse* to sit there and level for hours upon end, I do that enough in FFXI and I will NOT do that in a single player game, ever. Please, please help me. ; ;

*POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING*

I am currently at the end of the game, so I've played through all of it almost. All I have to do is take the Strahl to the Bahamut and that's it, I'm done. (Right? God I hope so)
    Well, the only other thing I'd say would be to STOP playing if you hate it so much. Seriously... And yes, Bahamut is the last dungeon. Don't worry though, it isn't very long.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Your plot issues came because you did what I did, and advanced the plot every 20 hours of gameplay, lol.

Your party is retarded because your gambits suck. I have all my people target lowest HP to get rid of the guy closest to dying. Only time it doesn't work is when you are facing a boss that continuing spawns minions, but you need to adjust boss fights anyways.

For status effects, have people have macros to cast Esuna/ga. It works.

I thought it was a very fun game. The world is huge and it is fun to explore. Sure getting the best things sucks, but who actually liked capturing 10 of each monster in FFX? Or trying to do the last chocograph in IX without cheating? If it isn't fun, don't do it!

lol damn carb i really liked that game, the one thing i'll say is i found the hunts far more entertaining than the end of the game.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elesirdur
    Maybe you shouldn't have invested so much time into a game you didn't like?

Perhaps loading up FFVII with it's "amazing" graphics and beating off to Cloud and wondering why your pathetically small member can't be like is massive sword is more your speed? I doubt that will get the sand out of our vagina but maybe you can cry yourself to sleep knowing that you willfully wasted your time playing a game you didn't like (which a lot of people, including critics, really did enjoy).
    This post made me smile.

Seriously though I dunno what's up with some of the FF12 h8ing that pops up from time to time. It seems like pretty much everyone I see either loved it or hated it. Personally I absolutely loved the gameplay. The story was mediocre but I always figured they just ran out of development time and had issues with the director(?) stepping down and had to put a cap on the story without being able to fully flesh it out. Grinding in FF12 is possibly the least tedious of any FF, and practically all of the *rare* endgame items are optional. You can get by fine just from hunt rewards + Zodiac Spear.

Simply put, FF12 had a lot of new concepts for the series and for some that might be a little scary, but I think it's an extremely solid game and easily should be one of the five best FFs for almost anyone who isn't too much of a pussy to enjoy something new.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    That's the way it works, sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don't. Here's the catch though. If you want a treasure chest chances to reset you have to move back 3 zones. Also, the chest for Excalibur is 100%, although the chance for the chest appearing is 20%. I'm sure you know this, but you need a Diamond Armlet to get the item.
    Are you sure about the Diamond Armlet? I'm almost 100% sure I got my Excalibur without one unless I sold it or threw it away by accident since got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Italax
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Are you sure about the Diamond Armlet? I'm almost 100% sure I got my Excalibur without one unless I sold it or threw it away by accident since got it.
    Bleh, my bad (I was thinking of the Zodiac Escutcheon needed a Diamond Armlet otherwise you might get a Brave Suit). It's possible to get Excalibur without it, but it's a good habit to wear Diamond Armlet before opening chests anyway.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Sounds like someone didnt actually try and level up, thus all the zones would be too high level.

I loved 12, and also stand by the idea that if i hated a game, I would stop playing it. But wait, maybe it gets REALLY good the last hour!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Maybe I should have restated it a little better. Final Fantasy XII I really enjoyed, however as stated in my second sentence above, This game has worse end game than fucking FFXI. I really had a lot of fun with the game, up until that 100F tower. That shit broke me right there. Oh and my guys are between level 46-54, Vaan being 54, and everyone else being on average of 47ish. Some of you are also mistaken... I want to enjoy this game without having to spend light years of leveling (which I've never had to do in any other FF game aside from 11) up. I have 6 Golden Amulets and I have 3 Embroidered Tippets. I have done a bunch of the hunts - up to level VI. The thing is I hate having too follow guides, but I'll use them when I have to. Excalibur chest must not have popped either. I'm a bit cooled down now, but ugh I was hot last night.

Black Belt
    BG Level

offline games don't have "endgame" beat it and go buy another.

you don't have to try to level up, just kill everything without running away as you go through regions and walk through every spot of the map. if you do that you'll always be overleveled for the storyline areas.

But your first sentence kinda set the tone. I mean, saying stuff about it being the worst FF you've played, then saying the endgame is shit, followed by stuff you thought sucked gives me the impression you hated MORE then just the endgame...

Also you don't have to spend ages leveling up, you're around the average level to complete the main game while it's still challenging. The Pharos is a pain in the ass, but really it's not that hard. It's the first dungeon crawl in the game sure, but compared to some other games (Rogue Galaxy for instance) it's a walk in the park.

You don't even have to consciencously level up, It's so easy to kill stuff while travelling from place to place that you naturally level up. If you take on the hunts as soon as they are available you level up quite a bit.

Endgame is fun, you know the amount of time needed to get level 90+ in this game is like 1/10 of the time needed to get level 75 in FFXI?

Oh, and naturally Grand Crystal upper layer is gonna be hard as shit for someone your level, it's hard enough when you 70+, even more so when you're unprepared.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well I'm not going to give up on it yet (because I refuse to give up on any Final Fantasy game), I just needed to rant because I think a few things were done poorly, in my opinion. I'll probably just give in and level a bit (ugh). Any suggestions as to where I can go?

Auto leveling sucks... Go to the area where you fight Roblon (hidden part of the nabudis deadlands), use gambits to use dispelga on enemies with reflect and use Foe: Undead > Curaga/Curaja gambits.

Skels there pop up like crazy (and are the hardest part of the Roblon quest).

ultimate power leveling is done in Henne Mines (deeper part). But you aren't ready for that yet.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

well he said he didn't enjoy leveling himself

fucking hated roblon hunt... just to get to him i had to kill like 70 skels THEY NEVER END!!!!!

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bartylby
    fucking hated roblon hunt... just to get to him i had to kill like 70 skels THEY NEVER END!!!!!
    i think i gained two levels walking up there. it's stuff like that which makes active leveling unnecessary. i gained like 10 levels killing everything in the Great Crystal looking for Ultima and the Excalibur chest.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartylby
    i think i gained two levels walking up there. it's stuff like that which makes active leveling unnecessary. i gained like 10 levels killing everything in the Great Crystal looking for Ultima and the Excalibur chest.
    It's also what makes it very un-fun. But whatever, I'm over it now and playing again (/cry lol).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I agree with your OP in alot of respects, plus it made me laugh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast