+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Re: Any love for Valkyrie Profile?

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    You know you're right. But considering everything else, out of all the characters you lose, you get Arngrim back pretty quickly.

Also WTF at that sentence. Man I must've really been out of it.
    You *Technicly* get one of the other characters back earlier =p... but he only joins you for 1 battle! The rest are outright removed from the story.

Well, you do lose another character after that fight. But you get him back quickly as well lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Well, you do lose another character after that fight. But you get him back quickly as well lol
    Point!

gonna pick this up tonight, do i need to get the strat guide for it? Only reason i ask is per the common trend of "you can only find this uberbbqsauce piece of gear if some1 tells you how to get it" kind of deal in RPGs these days.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Faxanadu
    gonna pick this up tonight, do i need to get the strat guide for it? Only reason i ask is per the common trend of "you can only find this uberbbqsauce piece of gear if some1 tells you how to get it" kind of deal in RPGs these days.
    Mmm, I guess? The only truly pieces of disgusting gear are obtained the following ways.

1. Seraphic Gate
    2. Level Arngrim / Leone to 40 Prior to End of Chapter 3 (Doing this will ruin the game for you if you actually use the weapons. The game goes from difficult to Atelier Iris)
    3. Level Lezard / Dylan to 50 Prior to End of Chapter 4

Tri-Emblem as well. If you miss it you miss it, but it's no big deal.

oh forgot to ask, is there only 1 ending? same kinda deal with rare gear, do u need the guide to get the "best" ending?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Tri-Emblem as well. If you miss it you miss it, but it's no big deal.
    Soloman's ring also now that I think about it. But, it's not that great unless you really have a need to talk to all the animals in towns >.>/

As to the best ending. The only way to obtain the best/(true?) ending is to beat the boss of the game without using a certain character. This may or may not be the true ending as far as the series goes. It just shows a few seconds extra to one of the ending scenes revealing a certain someone has been reincarnated.

Those are the only 2 endings and they vary by a total of 2-3 seconds =p.

Spoiler:
    This certain someone is my avatar

thx for replies, going without the strat guide (and it looked like they didn't have 1 anyway)

Bought the game last night, loving every minute. Confused about how to learn skills, but i think i got the general ideal. I lost track of time and missed the first hour of Sky Farm. Great game.

Basically just keep 1, maybe 2 of each item you get. Link symbols that create a skill all in the colour needed. Make sure you keep everything though, some items are pretty hard to come by and once you go past a certain part you have to wait quite a while before you can get them again.

Make sure you learn first aid and every killer skill you can.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Basically just keep 1, maybe 2 of each item you get. Link symbols that create a skill all in the colour needed. Make sure you keep everything though, some items are pretty hard to come by and once you go past a certain part you have to wait quite a while before you can get them again.

Make sure you learn first aid and every killer skill you can.
    I went through the game with very few killer skills. The only one I found truly useful was god killer.

Yeah, main game you don't really need them, but if you hunt/farm items or stuff in SG they're very useful. Also it doesn't take long to learn them while going through the game. Stuff like Mage Masher makes life easier, as mages are bitches to fight against (but never to fight with -.-)

So is it just trial and error for finding skills? Just keep switching equips around until a skill appears? or is there a much simplier way to find out the right combination that I just completly missed?

I got it right a couple of times and unlocked a couple of skills, is there anyway to know what skill you are currently learning and how much longer it will take to learn it?

About monster items, sometimes a mob will drop something that looks worthless but you can sell it a shop. The items show up in yellow text when u go to sell em, i understand u gotta sell these to make other items (??????????) available, but if u don't know what the recipe for the ????????? item is, do u need to hang on to those too or can u sell them whenever u get them and the game will keep a tally of them for when the recipe becomes available?

Just poke at GameFAQs for the skill combos. Some you simply can't unlock due to the fact you've yet to encounter the right mobs that drop said parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Faxanadu
    So is it just trial and error for finding skills? Just keep switching equips around until a skill appears? or is there a much simplier way to find out the right combination that I just completly missed?

I got it right a couple of times and unlocked a couple of skills, is there anyway to know what skill you are currently learning and how much longer it will take to learn it?

About monster items, sometimes a mob will drop something that looks worthless but you can sell it a shop. The items show up in yellow text when u go to sell em, i understand u gotta sell these to make other items (??????????) available, but if u don't know what the recipe for the ????????? item is, do u need to hang on to those too or can u sell them whenever u get them and the game will keep a tally of them for when the recipe becomes available?
    If you press triangle, or some other button while poking around the skill screen you can see what runes you need to make a skill and what colour they need to be. You'll also see the progress of the skill so far. No need for trial and error, skills you can learn will be shown as soon as you have the runes to learn them. Things that require rare runes (like creation) don't appear on the skill set until you aquire them.

As for shops, basically you need to buy stuff from a shop to make the ????????? items appear as normal names. If you have an item that is required to make something the shop keeper sells it will be highlighted in yellow. The game keeps the total amount you've sold, so if you've sold the item already the total doesn't actually go down until you make the item.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

speaking of VP1.......does ANYONE at all have or know where a copy in good condition is of VP1? Ive been searching everywhere, used to have the game and no idea what happened to it but I def want it again Ive found it for the cheapest so far of 150$ on Ebay but fuck thats so much to pay for a PS1 game...........thanks in advance

Honestly, unless you pay crazy money or find one cheap (yeah right), your best bet would be to get the PSP port.

or *cough* emulator

Why Helpo! That's illegal!

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I beat Valkyrie Profile within a 24 hour span with ending A. Thanks to the emulators fps increase capability, I had never gotten ending A and I suddenly felt like it. Near the end I couldn't even touch Bloodbane or Fenrir so I increased the FPS to about 150 or so and just grinded levels like mad.

Seeing Hrist was hawt, seeing Loki own Lucian was.. well messed up. The ending was pretty good, I loved the random Lucian appearance at the end hugging Lenneth, what a lucky bastard.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6...7223455ux6.png

If you do use an emulator I highly suggest you use pSX. ePSXe freezes on a few scenes involving VA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast