+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Re: Any love for Valkyrie Profile?

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa
    I beat Valkyrie Profile within a 24 hour span with ending A. Thanks to the emulators fps increase capability, I had never gotten ending A and I suddenly felt like it. Near the end I couldn't even touch Bloodbane or Fenrir so I increased the FPS to about 150 or so and just grinded levels like mad.

Seeing Hrist was hawt, seeing Loki own Lucian was.. well messed up. The ending was pretty good, I loved the random Lucian appearance at the end hugging Lenneth, what a lucky bastard.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6...7223455ux6.png

If you do use an emulator I highly suggest you use pSX. ePSXe freezes on a few scenes involving VA.
    The entire Loki Encounter, from the cutscenes, to the battles to the dialogs is probably one of my favorites in any game.

Yeah, the cutscene with Lucian at the Water Mirror was so fucking good.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

ok noobish question >< where to get it for emulator? download it using limewire such programs or where is a good place to get it off a website, and the game? thanks in advance ^^

i have a shitton of games and emulators on my other comp, but one day they kinda just stopped working, im guessing i need the newest emulator program.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Limewire is a virus.. never get anything from there. We can't post links to emulators or roms, just PM me.

Yes I agree with you other guys though those scenes were incredible, left me in complete awe, chapter after chapter. It's just too bad Hrist was so weak, she seemed so powerful.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Limewire is decent for songs, and even then you need to make sure the file isn't corrupted or something and virus scan it.. but overall it's better than downloading a bunch of albums..

And just get a PSP and play it on that. Even though Dark Alex stopped with the custom firmwares, some russian team took over.

Has there been any word or speculation about a VP III?

I wonder though. Obviously it would be about Hrist but what would they focus on? What she was doing during VP II, what she was doing during VP I, or the events after VP II?

Either way, Hrist can't play second string in a third series installment

If I guessed anything I would bet it was a prequel to VPI and II. Although, they could move forward from VP II's ending, which could be interesting.

I lol'd in the SG when some boss calls Hrist second fiddle in both games.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    I lol'd in the SG when some boss calls Hrist second fiddle in both games.
    Lol yes, that was what I was trying to get at but got the fiddle part wrong.

Lezard was the one that said it in SG

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Was Brahmes the one who called her a fiddle in the first?

I just hope they bring Lezard back in some form. Even if the game takes place after Silmeria when his soul was supposed to have been destroyed it still appears to exist (Hes shown as a child if you beat him without using Valkyrie).

I need to replay the first one again... although the game is so easy if you choose the right characters ;\ I need to do something retarded like use Grey and Llelwyn (sp).

Relic Horn
    BG Level

No links to emulators or roms? what if I just type emuparadise. It's not a link, and it's technically not a url.

Or you could just PM it to anyone who wants to know.

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    (Hes shown as a child if you beat him without using Valkyrie).
    I honestly never knew about this. So I'm assuming this is Lezard?

http://bluelaguna.net/viewimage/valk...ots/3986/2.jpg

I feel so cheated playing through the beefed up Lezard fight to only see him for a split second =/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegus
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    (Hes shown as a child if you beat him without using Valkyrie).
    I honestly never knew about this. So I'm assuming this is Lezard?

http://bluelaguna.net/viewimage/valk...ots/3986/2.jpg

I feel so cheated playing through the beefed up Lezard fight to only see him for a split second =/
    Yep, thats him.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

People still can't agree if his reincarnation into Midgard is canonical or just some strange easter egg. Is he actually hard without Valkyrie? I can't imagine him putting up a fight against a perfect released party that finished 10 reps of SG.

Of course, if you didn't know about it then you probably didn't bother to perfect release either.

He's not hard at all, your party does good damage. Really the only concern is staying alive, and if you can survive SG you can easily deal with anything Lezard does.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This game is so fucking hard lol..

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    This game is so fucking hard lol..
    It's really not once you learn to split up your party... and umm not use spell casters since for the most part they suck and their PWS's are ass.

I went through most of the game without using the skill system effectively (mainly because I was too lazy ._.) I can't think of a boss who gave me difficulty... a lot of it is just positioning really since most of the nastiest attacks only hit a certain area.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

That's why it's hard lol... trying to pay attention to all the skills and mobs you need to break to get speicific items from or you can't learn a certain skill, just too confusing and annoying for me.

I know I know, I can just use 4 people for the entire gameplay and get away with it, but I realize that's not the point of the game (and chars I get in the beginning of the game that aren't related to the story probably suck later on too, which makes you keep adding new people to your party constantly to make your party better..)

And what do you mean by splitting your party up? as in during a battle? Because I never bothered with that lol.. (I seemed to do just fine taking all 4 chars together instead of splitting them up for constant pincer attacks that would just take more time to pull off..)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    That's why it's hard lol... trying to pay attention to all the skills and mobs you need to break to get speicific items from or you can't learn a certain skill, just too confusing and annoying for me.

I know I know, I can just use 4 people for the entire gameplay and get away with it, but I realize that's not the point of the game (and chars I get in the beginning of the game that aren't related to the story probably suck later on too, which makes you keep adding new people to your party constantly to make your party better..)

And what do you mean by splitting your party up? as in during a battle? Because I never bothered with that lol.. (I seemed to do just fine taking all 4 chars together instead of splitting them up for constant pincer attacks that would just take more time to pull off..)
    In boss fights I always split my party up into 2 groups. High HP and Low HP... Only brought the Low HP group in when I wanted to pull off PWS.

Toughness is the only skill I can think of that is really gamebreaking in terms of having and have nots...

Toughness, First Aid, Lifeforce gem (whatever the 2x healing one is called) and a Metabolizer are gamebreaking together. Oh, and Free Item is another one you'll definitely want.

Don't worry about breaking off stuff specifically until you get too SG or the final few dungeons. Mostly you can get through the game just fighting normally and using whatever happens to break off. Just don't throw or sell anything, cause you'll probably need it later on. The game is not hard once you get used to it. The only time I felt the need to split my party up is much later in the game vs MVP type characters (you'll know who once you get there). Usually when I split the party up I have all the damage characters together and the Free Item person seperate. But when you use the combo I suggested before healing isn't much of a problem at all.

Also, learning how to time your attacks and not spamming all the buttons is a lot better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast