+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Any love for Valkyrie Profile?

I think it's an awesome game, widely overlooked due to its own scarcity (I don't emulate PS1). Any other fans?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Hell yeah.
    I've played it too many times to be normal. Probably over 30 times on Hard Mode (Is there any other way to play it? :D Lezard or nothing).

VP2 is pretty awesome too. I didn't really love VP2 until the Final Dungeon/ Secret Dungeon....
    SPOILARZ----

Brahms, Lenneth, Hrist, and Arngrim in one party /splooge

VP2 actually has a form of difficulty, too.

VP1 onry

oh, hi sig. AIR SLASH?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

http://www.icybrian.com/fanart/sonic...asairslash.jpg

THE AIR SLASH.... ITS FUCKIN CHARGIN

VP games fucking own. I liked VP2 a lot more though, it's an improvement in every single way.

Oh, and Hrist is a sexy bitch. God I love her...

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    VP games fucking own. I liked VP2 a lot more though, it's an improvement in every single way.

Oh, and Hrist is a sexy bitch. God I love her...
    The game was semi difficult.
    And then came Gungnir.

The difficulty increase is a welcome change. VP1 was just WAY too freakin easy.

Hell, Hard mode was easier than normal mode.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Lol, that's fucking true, because they give you Lezard, Brahms, and all the mainstory pwning Characters.... my god Brahms raped everything.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, the game has it backwards, kind of. Easy is harder than hard, and hard is easier than easy. Normal's just normal. I never owned a PS@, but I'm considering buying one (they're cheap now) just for VP2 and some FF/Megaman titles.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Love the voice actor for lenneth o: such a nice voice...anyways I've thought about buying VP2 but I'm curious is it still good as the original? I've seen the battles and such but story wise..is it good?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

I never played VP1, but I've played VP2 to death and loved it. I'll come around to playing VP1, though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Valkyrie Profile 1 is my favorite RPG ever created I collect anything and everything I can find related to it.

Lezard Valeth is my favorite character from any game Been working on a costume for an Anime convention Easy for me since I have the same hairstyle/build as him anyhow just a matter of growing it out another inch :\ didn't have it read for Anime Boston though. Did spend ~200 on shit related to the game thought :\

Valkyrie Profile would have been gloriously hard if Auto-Item wasn't a skill lawl.

You forgot about Guts.

Guts is cheapness to the 100th degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanelol
    Love the voice actor for lenneth o: such a nice voice...anyways I've thought about buying VP2 but I'm curious is it still good as the original? I've seen the battles and such but story wise..is it good?
    Fun fact, Lenneth's VA did Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy from Pokemon, Freya's VA did Ash from Pokemon, and Mystina's was obviously Jessica.

Still, Freya as Ash always makes me smile.

Also, Story from VP2 is good, it's a prequel/sequel. Good characters make a good story better, although some events at the end I think weren't needed it was still a compelling game that pushes you toward the end just to see what happens.

And the Seraphic gate does a brilliant job of taking the main story and making it hilarious -- THUNDER THEIGHS! SECOND FIDDLE!

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

VP1 is the only rpg I can play over and over and never get tired of. I need to replay 2 sometime soon and try out some new Einherjar.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    You forgot about Guts.

Guts is cheapness to the 100th degree.
    Yeah, I was thinking about Guts as I wrote this. Auto-Item felt more broken to me heh.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I liked VP1. VP2 I got semi-far and just got tired of it. I mean it was fun for a while but I started to get annoyed with the battle system and I found some of the bosses way too hard.

You absolutely needed Guts for Iseria Queen in the Seraphic Gate though. Cosmic Spear was an insta-party kill.

Quote Originally Posted by sephir
    I liked VP1. VP2 I got semi-far and just got tired of it. I mean it was fun for a while but I started to get annoyed with the battle system and I found some of the bosses way too hard.
    You're probably going the wrong way about the battle system. It's simple, Dash around the enemy, combo them. Rape on the ground gives more VP, bouncing them off the ground gives even more. Need EXP? Launch them into the air and have Rufus use Killing Thorn (or something with a similar name) for mass EXP crystals.

Although I admit the game is hard, but I wonder why that is such a turn off? Game are usually way to easy.

VP had a few aspects I didn't like about it, but overall it was a somewhat dark game that I welcomed. Faults, in my opinion, were the Day/Period system and then some of the hoops you had to jump through in order to obtain the best ending. I mean, without a guide, how were we supposed to know that Seal Rating mattered or that I had to send Lucian up by a certain point? I'll agree on the general Lenneth hotness factor. While I don't care for her Jenny/Joy iterations, Len's probably my favorite female voice adaptation to a gane/anime character after Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and Motoko Kusanagi. A nice blend of tough and sexy when appropriate, even if not intended.

The sequel pretty much improved upon the first (The voice acting is a mixed bag, some being downright awful while others have become things myself and friends randomly blurt out for comedic value) while simultaneously removing the faults I had with it. Granted, there's only a very slight ending variance if you don't use Valkyrie in the final fight, the fact you're not time-crunched makes the powergamer in me happy since I could grind/farm to my heart's content. The Break system is something I also felt intuitive, even if some mobs seemed considerably bitchy until you got some overpowered weapons or paired Rufus with his insta-crit bow and the Dismantle skill. Leaders also made it easy to end random encounters swiftly if you couldn't dodge the mob for whatever reason. If I had one wish for VP2, it would've been seeing more of Silmeria outside of the princess. I've yet to actually finish the bonus dungeon, if for any reason, Odin fucking annihilates me while I tickle him with even my strongest hitters for a half hour.

I forget whether or not a third title's in the works, but given all that transpired in 2, I wouldn't rule it out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast