Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dynamis-Qufim Question XD     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Dynamis-Qufim Question XD

Has anyone ever tried to kill Stringes [NM] before?
    My LS gave it a go last night and well....
    we got beat up pretty bad by the Nightmare Rocs
    AoE silence + AoE Dmg for 300-500 (each member) did us in pretty quick.
    Also tried getting someone to sac-pull Stringes and that didn't pan out too well either as the puller didn't make TO Stringes to pull him.

I guess my question(s) is/are:

1. Has anyone successfully killed Stringes before?
    2. How do you safely pull Stringes away from Jeuno zone?
    3. Where do you Camp?

The CoP runs aren't especially mage-heavy (3 blms, 3 rdms, 4 whms) it's mostly DD so we're exploring alternative methods of WIN.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Relic_Accessories

According to common theory the Stringes drop the same stuff as the Weapons and Diremites, so unless you've run out of those I can't imagine it being worth the trouble you have to go through to get to them. You'd have to kill at least some Goblins between the tower and the east area and then trust your group to ninja past some Orcs. On top of that, AOE silence is a pain in the ass.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Stringes lower boss dmg output... no real need to with chainstuns and all melee/NIN.

Best way to kill the Roc is just manaburn, as they tear up melee fast as you found out.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ah. I thought you meant the Nightmare Stringes. I suppose if you have 36 people and can afford to split up - 1/2 to Suttung and 1/2 to Stringes - then you could pull this off, but otherwise I don't think there's enough time. Travel alone would set you back 5-10 minutes.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro
    Ah. I thought you meant the Nightmare Stringes. I suppose if you have 36 people and can afford to split up - 1/2 to Suttung and 1/2 to Stringes - then you could pull this off, but otherwise I don't think there's enough time. Travel alone would set you back 5-10 minutes.
    Looking to avoid Suttung altogether and go Stringes > Scoleaafjaa;fj [Kraken] > Antaeus.

But getting to Stringes [NM] has proven difficult.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung
    Stringes lower boss dmg output... no real need to with chainstuns and all melee/NIN.

Best way to kill the Roc is just manaburn, as they tear up melee fast as you found out.

The CoP runs aren't especially mage-heavy (3 blms, 3 rdms, 4 whms) it's mostly DD so we're exploring alternative methods of WIN

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh right, bold/underline guy.

If you give me a minute to think about it maybe I could come up with something. To be honest it seems to me like the only reasonable way to deathpull it would be to have a THF with at least 2 pairs of Powder Boots... Use one, run in, get to Stringes, use Flee with AF feet, PD, equip Powder Boots #2, pray to god you don't get cut down by the time you get out, then Powder Boots #2, then book it to the lake until Stringes is out... even then you'd have to pull it away from the train somewhere - maybe the beach? - and then there's killing it.

PS, 3 RDM and 4 WHM should be plenty for 2 groups.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Oh right, bold/underline guy.
    I find that bold and underline help people to address the entire post, instead of just replying to whatever they feel is most convenient for them.

People on messageboards such as this one, have the annoying problem of selective reading and replying.
    If you give me a minute to think about it maybe I could come up with something. To be honest it seems to me like the only reasonable way to deathpull it would be to have a THF with at least 2 pairs of Powder Boots... Use one, run in, get to Stringes, use Flee with AF feet, PD, equip Powder Boots #2, pray to god you don't get cut down by the time you get out, then Powder Boots #2, then book it to the lake until Stringes is out... even then you'd have to pull it away from the train somewhere - maybe the beach? - and then there's killing it.
    Last night we set up camp just outside the tunnel where the Rocs spawn. It didn't seem like a bad place but the part that burned us was our sac-puller wasn't able to make it to Stringes to pull him before he got slagged. (NIN with af booties during nighttime).

PS, 3 RDM and 4 WHM should be plenty for 2 groups.
    Not when AoE silences them ;/

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon
    our sac-puller wasn't able to make it to Stringes to pull him before he got slagged. (NIN with af booties during nighttime).
    Was it unknown to you that there are beastmen in between the Rocs and the Stringes? I give this a huge "duh". Besides, can't NIN use Powder Boots?

Why are you even in a CoP Dynamis with no THF?

Edit: Another thing - if you don't kill Suttung you will be gumming at the boss's ridiculous damage resistance for days. Honestly I think you're better off doing the usual strategy (SJ > Kraken > Suttung > Boss) and just zerging the crap out of it with melee 2hrs like Hundred Fists and Meikyo Shisui.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I heard they added an item called Echo Drops that remove silence. You might want to try those.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

our sac-puller wasn't able to make it to Stringes to pull him before he got slagged. (NIN with af booties during nighttime).
    Was it unknown to you that there are beastmen in between the Rocs and the Stringes? I give this a huge "duh". Besides, can't NIN use Powder Boots?

Edit: Another thing - if you don't kill Suttung you will be gumming at the boss's ridiculous damage resistance for days. Honestly I think you're better off doing the usual strategy (SJ > Kraken > Suttung > Boss) and just zerging the crap out of it with melee 2hrs like Hundred Fists and Meikyo Shisui.
    No. We knew there were mobs there. We had someone previously scouting that area searching for the SubJob ??? and he made it just fine (SAM/THF with 2x Powder Boots). He reported there were 8 mobs, 2 status and a thunder elemental while we were all waiting for SJ restriction to come off.

But since we were running short on time (less than 15 min) we decided to attempt to pull Stringes to see if we could at least kill him before being booted.

Sadly, the +Movement speed on NIN AF booties did not aid us during this attempt.

SO, before the -next- attempt, I thought I'd come and ask for some pointers. ^_^

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    I heard they added an item called Echo Drops that remove silence. You might want to try those.

OH WOW!! Another brilliant post that's completely unrelated to the topic at hand.

Thank you for your worthless contribution.

How about you go back to 3rd grade and learn how to read the subject before you make a reply?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Pointers:

Bring a THF
    Bring Echo Drops
    Tell your SAM to quit hogging the Powder Boots

edit: Oh snap Viq... you made him angry! Look out for his high school insults!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Besides, can't NIN use Powder Boots?
    NIN didn't bring powder booties with him. He wasn't really our normal puller, he just decided to sac-pull at the last minute.

I don't make the rules, I just follow orders. [/Nuremburg]

I honestly thought that too but I'm a member, not a sackholder.
    How effective are melee attacks on Anteaus without Stringes being popped?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Viq

OH WOW!! Another brilliant post that's completely unrelated to the topic at hand.
    Holy shit quit your bitching.

YOU made a post saying:

Not when AoE silences them ;/
    And he responded to that.

I usually dont care when people ask questions about common stuff that isn't too hard to find out, but he was just replying to something you were saying.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Pointers:

Bring a THF
    Bring Echo Drops
    Tell your SAM to quit hogging the Powder Boots
    We usually do bring a thf.
    The Rocs having AoE silence were a completely -new- development.
    As we are still exploring the zone, we don't really know much about it other than what has already been stated.

Those powder boots were already in the SAM's inventory. lawlz. He didn't bring them FOR dynamis. He just had them on him and volunteered to pull.

edit: Oh snap Viq... you made him angry! Look out for his high school insults!
    It's not my job to teach people reading comprehension.

English is not a hard language. Millions of immigrants around the world have no problem picking it up.

It's the "native" English speakers that have a problem reading/understanding simple written/spoken words.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Holy shit quit your bitching.
    Hey, Awesome. Let's derail the thread some more with more irrelevant garbage that doesn't address any of the original post's questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    I usually dont care when people ask questions about common stuff that isn't too hard to find out, but he was just replying to something you were saying.
    LOL. I see there are more people here that have problems reading than I thought.

LOOK AT THE FIRST POST GENIUS. I, in no way, shape or form, EVER ASKED ABOUT THE AOE SILENCE, AT ALL.

My questions were specific to pulling a damn mob.

Now if you don't know. Just say so, rather than wasting my time by having to read your drivel.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The CoP runs aren't especially mage-heavy (3 blms, 3 rdms, 4 whms) it's mostly DD so we're exploring alternative methods of WIN
    I read that, and decided not to care.

I can be cool too.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Man I wish I won that Vana'diel Madness... this is just the opportunity I was hoping for.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I read that, and decided not to care.
    Hey, that's cool. At least you're honest about it.

Yeah, we don't may available RDM/DRKs. Which is why I asked about pulling Stringes in the first place.

I can be cool too.
    Well as long as you think so that's all that matters, kiddo.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast