+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Here we go again

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi- ... i-news-hed

Some straight A high school kid got arrested for what he wrote in a essay which said:

Students were told to "write whatever comes to your mind. Do not judge or censor what you are writing," according to a copy of the assignment.

Apperently what he wrote worried the school soo much they called the cops and had him arrested.

GG

Edit: The essay did not threaten anyone, again.

More quotes:

Experts say the charge against Lee is troubling because it was over an essay that even police say contained no direct threats against anyone at the school. However, Virginia Tech's actions toward Cho came under heavy scrutiny after the killings because of the "disturbing" plays and essays teachers say he had written for classes.

I heard something about that on the news earlier. What I heard said that he wrote about having a dream where he killed people and screwed their dead bodies. >__>

egh, i hate schools. and there damn 0 tolerance policy.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

It's easy to wag fingers at the administration but remember what happens after every traumatic experience that happens on a campus anywhere. A chorus of voices almost instantly chimes in with 'WHY DIDN'T THE ADMINISTRATION DO MORE TO PREVENT THIS ZOMG!!!'

Stupid things happen when you scare underpaid public servants. The good news is that the system eventually corrects itself. The kid will probably get a visit from a counselor to make sure he isn't a psychopath, the principal and teacher will get admonished for being human and panicking in the wake of a national trauma and over time things will go back to normal. I remember after Columbine a preschooler was suspended for wagging a chicken nugget around and saying 'bang! bang!'

Same thing, really.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Ahhhh schools. So a fucking waste. They used to teach kids things they would need for life, now they teach them how to be just like everyone else because individualism is wrong.

New Merits
    BG Level

so many schools have been closing for bomb threats and other things around me recently, one school even told students school was optional on 4/20 because student told his teacher not to come to school because they don't want the teacher to get hurt, and another school has had like 5 bomb threats this year

BG Level

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... i-news-hed

Heres what he wrote, it made me lol:

"Blood sex and Booze. Drugs Drugs Drugs are fun. Stab, Stab, Stab, S…t…a…b…, poke. "So I had this dream last night where I went into a building, pulled out two P90s and started shooting everyone…, then had sex with the dead bodies. Well, not really, but it would be funny if I did." Umm, yeah, what to wright about…… I'm leaving to join the Marines and I really don't give a (obscenity) about my academics, so why does the only class that's complete Bull Shit, happen to be the only required class…enough said. The model citizen would stay around to vote in new board member to change the 4 years of English policy, but no one really stays around to vote for that kind of local crap, so whoever gets there name on the Ballet with a pretty face gets to do what the (obscenity) ever they want with local ordinance. A person is smart, but people are dumb selfish animals. We can't make rules for ourselves so we vote others to do it for us, but we can't even do that right, I meen seriously, Bush for President? And our other option was John Kerry who claimed to parktake in Vietnam Special Forces missions that haven't been declassified….(obscenity) Bull Shit. So Power Flower Super Mario. Pudge, hook, rot, dismember "Fresh Meat." Mostly new/young teachers are laid back, and cooperative with students as feedback and input into the curriculum and atmosphere. My current English teacher is a control freak intent on setting a gap between herself and her students like a 63 year old white male fortune 500 company CEO, and a illegal immigrant. If CG was a private catholic school, I could understand, but wtf is her problem. And baking brownies and rice crispies does not make up for it, way to try and justify yourself as a good teacher while underhandedly looking for complements on your cooking. No quarrel on you qualifications as a writer, but as a teacher, don't be surprised on inspiring the first cg shooting."

Here's his take on what he wrote:

Authors Note: This production of writing is done in the most accurate manner I can depict of the original writing. Grammar and spelling mistakes are included at the best accuracy possible. The first phrase in questions is in fact a Green Day song. The second reference to drugs is in relation to the schools history of drug problems. I am personally clean of all controlled substances. The statement in quotes is done so as a non personal statement as I would have done in reference to a character for a story. The reference to the gun P90 is from a video game, combined with a reference to necrophilia as a comment regarding a seriously messed up situation. A situation such as the rape of villagers during a raid by U.S. troops in Vietnam. I really do not care too much about by continuing academia as in relation to grades. I do however believe on continuing my personal education, and I am actually still working for my classes. My views on the graduation requirements explain themselves. The reference to Mario and Pudge( a DOTA character) are completely random as is this essay. The reference to a person being smart and people being dumb is based on a quote from "Men in Black." I generally do believe the public opinion is best. The rest of the essay is rather self explanatory, the main statement in question I have already released a comment online about. I request that all information I have released is read together, and nothing given separately or as an excerpt as the administration has seen fit to do.

Bolded part is for Jack Thompson to fap at.
    And yea, i generaly agree with what you are saying, Correction, but that doesn't make it right.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

The DOTA reference is win.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    The DOTA reference is win.
    Seconded. As long as he doesn't miss the hook, that is.

BG Level

I just looked at a pic of him...

hes asian, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya
    I just looked at a pic of him...

hes asian, LOL
    the "lee" kind of gave it away for me

Lets make kids afraid to express themselves so those with problems won't be spotted until they snap.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

i'm waiting for someone to get picked up for handing in a 5 page paper with nothing but "no beer and no tv make X something something" as a joke.

seriously though... i wonder how bad it'll get for kids who are just being purely creative. Imagine if steven king grew up in our time? he'd be locked away in a mental institution somewhere lol

Teamkiller of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

God damn, good thing they didn't release all my works from middle school... I kinda wrote essays about nukes and how I hated writing essays, I also carried a book about Hitler.

I scared the shit out of that English teacher to move to another school after he had a year with me. Of course, look how normal I turned out! :D

Well, I have to say if I was the teacher, and didn't catch the references, I probably would have been concerned. It was stupid to call the cops though, since he did absolutely nothing wrong, but I have to say I probably would have had him checked out psychologically, or at least confronted him about it. It's pretty stupid to call the cops though, they can't do anything about it.

E. Body
    BG Level

"Blood sex and Booze. Drugs Drugs Drugs are fun. Stab, Stab, Stab, S…t…a…b…, poke. "So I had this dream last night where I went into a building, pulled out two P90s and started shooting everyone…, then had sex with the dead bodies. Well, not really, but it would be funny if I did." Umm, yeah, what to wright about……
    I don't care what he's writing about, I stopped reading at the misspelling "wright." I think the idiot should be burned at the stake. What grade is he in? How the hell do you misspell write?

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr
    "Blood sex and Booze. Drugs Drugs Drugs are fun. Stab, Stab, Stab, S…t…a…b…, poke. "So I had this dream last night where I went into a building, pulled out two P90s and started shooting everyone…, then had sex with the dead bodies. Well, not really, but it would be funny if I did." Umm, yeah, what to wright about……
    I don't care what he's writing about, I stopped reading at the misspelling "wright." I think the idiot should be burned at the stake. What grade is he in? How the hell do you misspell write?
    He's a straight A student according to OP.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... i-news-hed

Heres what he wrote, it made me lol:

"Blood sex and Booze. Drugs Drugs Drugs are fun. Stab, Stab, Stab, S…t…a…b…, poke. "So I had this dream last night where I went into a building, pulled out two P90s and started shooting everyone…, then had sex with the dead bodies. Well, not really, but it would be funny if I did." Umm, yeah, what to wright about…… I'm leaving to join the Marines and I really don't give a (obscenity) about my academics, so why does the only class that's complete Bull Shit, happen to be the only required class…enough said. The model citizen would stay around to vote in new board member to change the 4 years of English policy, but no one really stays around to vote for that kind of local crap, so whoever gets there name on the Ballet with a pretty face gets to do what the (obscenity) ever they want with local ordinance. A person is smart, but people are dumb selfish animals. We can't make rules for ourselves so we vote others to do it for us, but we can't even do that right, I meen seriously, Bush for President? And our other option was John Kerry who claimed to parktake in Vietnam Special Forces missions that haven't been declassified….(obscenity) Bull Shit. So Power Flower Super Mario. Pudge, hook, rot, dismember "Fresh Meat." Mostly new/young teachers are laid back, and cooperative with students as feedback and input into the curriculum and atmosphere. My current English teacher is a control freak intent on setting a gap between herself and her students like a 63 year old white male fortune 500 company CEO, and a illegal immigrant. If CG was a private catholic school, I could understand, but wtf is her problem. And baking brownies and rice crispies does not make up for it, way to try and justify yourself as a good teacher while underhandedly looking for complements on your cooking. No quarrel on you qualifications as a writer, but as a teacher, don't be surprised on inspiring the first cg shooting."

Here's his take on what he wrote:

Authors Note: This production of writing is done in the most accurate manner I can depict of the original writing. Grammar and spelling mistakes are included at the best accuracy possible. The first phrase in questions is in fact a Green Day song. The second reference to drugs is in relation to the schools history of drug problems. I am personally clean of all controlled substances. The statement in quotes is done so as a non personal statement as I would have done in reference to a character for a story. The reference to the gun P90 is from a video game, combined with a reference to necrophilia as a comment regarding a seriously messed up situation. A situation such as the rape of villagers during a raid by U.S. troops in Vietnam. I really do not care too much about by continuing academia as in relation to grades. I do however believe on continuing my personal education, and I am actually still working for my classes. My views on the graduation requirements explain themselves. The reference to Mario and Pudge( a DOTA character) are completely random as is this essay. The reference to a person being smart and people being dumb is based on a quote from "Men in Black." I generally do believe the public opinion is best. The rest of the essay is rather self explanatory, the main statement in question I have already released a comment online about. I request that all information I have released is read together, and nothing given separately or as an excerpt as the administration has seen fit to do.

Bolded part is for Jack Thompson to fap at.
    And yea, i generaly agree with what you are saying, Correction, but that doesn't make it right.
    Ehh regardless if it's from a game or not, the P-90 is an official military weapon, I believe used by either Brittish or French special forces. But yea, good old Jack will be all over this within the next 72 hours, and I only give him that long cause this broke on a Friday.

Demosthenes11

best essay ever

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr
    Reference to Phoenix Wright mebbe.