+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoff Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level

NBA Playoff Thread

Where's the love for the NBA? Anyone else watch the Golden State v. Dallas game? I was doing my best impression of the on-lookers of the And-1 Mixtapes when Baron Davis started going crazy at the end of the third quarter.

Last year's playoffs were the best I'd ever seen, nearly every series in the West went 6 or 7 games, including the Suns-Lakers series which was ridiculous.

As of tonight, the Bulls and Pistons are the only two to advance. Everyone knew the Bulls would mature into a strong team, with Hinrich, Gordon, and Luol Deng, but how about watching Big Ben go up against his old team?

As a Wizards fan, I'm completely pissed that Arenas and Butler are injured. Losing by 7 and then 6 points the last 2 games, seeing the Cavaliers on the verge of sweeping Washington while Butler and Arenas look on is just killing me. Jamison has been playing well, at least offensively, and I'm glad Antonio Daniels has stepped up some. Still, the NBA should have decided to wait two weeks for Butler and Arenas to give the go-ahead. Missing your two all-stars is huge.

Spurs-Nuggets is a heated playoff rivalry, love the games but hate the cheapshots the Nuggets take at the end of games.

I had/have the Suns - Pistons in the finals, not a shocker of any sorts. If Golden State knocks out Dallas, I see the Suns as a shoe-in to represent the West, and I can't wait to watch the Bulls-Pistons square off.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

I don't follow basketball as much as football and baseball, but I never imagined seeing the Bulls go this far again.

I mean, comparing the current bulls to the champion Bulls of old is a hard thing to do.

BUT, I want them to go all the fucking way. This city needs that after what happened at the Superbowl.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    This city needs that after what happened at the Superbowl.
    Why, what happened?
    I hate the Bears.

I watched that Mavs v. Warriors game, freakin best game I've seen so far in the playoffs. They were neck and neck the whole time, and what makes it better is I'd love to see the Mavs lose the series to Warriors-- Like the OP said, the suns would be a shoo-in for the western conference champions.

What's sad is I think the buzz is that Nowitkzi will probably take the MVP award this year-- which is disappointing since he is hardly showing himself as deserving so far from this round 1 playoff series. But maybe I'm just biased since I only see Nowitzki play when he's against the Suns.

Eagerly awaiting the next Suns/Lakers showdown and game 5 for the Warriors/Mavericks.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr
    Why, what happened?
    I hate the Bears.
    lawl as in 6 championships in the last decade wasnt enough.

I'm rooting for GS and Denver because I like Baron and Carmelo (Iverson too). Dirk and Nash are freaking tools and I hope they never win a championship. Sports Analysts and just the media in general rides their jocks so much for no reason.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe
    mmhmmm
    Welcome, Hobbes. I've been expecting you.

I don't like the Mavs, but I can't help but give Dirk Nowitzki his due respect. Say what you want about his crappy shooting tonight, did you see his back-to-back threes? Yes, I wanted GS to win, but before Devin Harris (the guy who made a name for himself last year) shat himself and threw the ball away, I was praying that the game would go into overtime with another three.

Baron Davis' halftime three pointer won GS the game.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Dirk and Nash are overrated. Golden State is proving it now and the Lakers almost did last year. I find it rediculous how a player can win MVP in back to back seasons and not even make it to the finals in either.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't think dirk's overrated, but he definitely is not his best against his old coach's style of basketball. The whole game he had no real defense against dribble penetration, and the warriors were just too fast for him to get into good defensive positioning. Nash once called him "a plodding clydesdale," so against the warriors, he's got some real problems.

Definitely don't think nash is overrated either. Last year they ran into a legendary coach (jackson) who knew exactly how to counter them, and a very, very good clippers team that had every tool needed to physically dominate them. 7 games each versus two physically abusive teams (when their biggest guy was diaw or something) and then the misfortune to run into a deeper team, finals-bound team doesn't necessarily mean he's overrated.

A. Body
    BG Level

all i have to say is

BABY BULLS ON THE FUCKIN STRIKE, MOTHAFUCKAS!!

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

As an ex-chicago area resident who has no knowledge of current basketball whatsoever (other than watching the ESPN ticker for 5 mins) I say GOOOO BULLS.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Davis was awesome.

That is all.

Welcome, Hobbes. I've been expecting you.

I don't like the Mavs, but I can't help but give Dirk Nowitzki his due respect. Say what you want about his crappy shooting tonight, did you see his back-to-back threes? Yes, I wanted GS to win, but before Devin Harris (the guy who made a name for himself last year) shat himself and threw the ball away, I was praying that the game would go into overtime with another three.

Baron Davis' halftime three pointer won GS the game.
    haha, nice "Calvin".

Baron Davis was amazing indeed, that halftime shot had me shouting for a team I had never cared about until I heard that the Mavs lost game 1 to the 8th seat Warriors. I know it's sort of a 'jump on the bandwagon' thing for supporting the Warriors, but I've been dying to see the suns make it to the finals. Nash and the suns deserve to be tested in the NBA finals this year.

It is interesting to see how playstyles are affecting the teams in these playoffs. Suns lost game 3 due to Lakers changing their playstyle and running with the ball. Nash could not perform because he was constantly double teamed and add in Kobe being on fire, and we were done. In the case of Mavs vs. Warriors, Warriors play very much like the suns with moving the ball faster down the court.

Another highlight of the Mavs/Warriors game? Barkley showing up at the halftime report with a Mav's uniform followed closely by the Warriors shutting out the Mavericks... Barkley owned, lol. Guy is hilarious.

I'm a hometown type of guy, so I only follow the Suns for the most part-- but Warriors/Mavs has turned into a more entertaining bout to watch then the Suns/Lakers. But still, GO SUNS.

Also, on Nowitzki being quoted as saying, "If we lose this game, we lose the series." It makes all of us wonder even more, makin the next game take precedence on TiVos everywhere.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe
    Also, on Nowitzki being quoted as saying, "If we lose this game, we lose the series." It makes all of us wonder even more, makin the next game take precedence on TiVos everywhere.
    real fans don't tivo

You do when it's finals time ; ;

GOOO WARRIORS BARON/JR/PIETRUS/MONTA/ETC FTW !!!!

lol anyone else hear the crowd chanting "BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT" during that one call last night? XD

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'm actually amazed at the Warriors play. I am interested in seeing how far they go.

Also, I've been a Bulls fan since MJ first came up, even though I'm from Alabama. We only have football though and I've never liked the Hawks so yeah, go Bulls! =p

Edit: Just realized how well Kidd is doing. He's averaging a Triple-double? >.> Holy shit.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay
    Why, what happened?
    I hate the Bears.
    lawl as in 6 championships in the last decade wasnt enough.

I'm rooting for GS and Denver because I like Baron and Carmelo (Iverson too). Dirk and Nash are freaking tools and I hope they never win a championship. Sports Analysts and just the media in general rides their jocks so much for no reason.
    You can never have too many championships; just ask Tom Brady or the Yankees.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm pulling for the Rockets and the Bulls. From both towns.

E. Body
    BG Level

I have to say I'd really enjoy GS beating Dallas, if anything it'd just be a great slap in the face to watch.

Saying the Suns are a shoe-in if Dallas is knocked out is kinda farfetched. They are up against the Spurs/Nuggets next. While they are pretty on par with the Spurs, you can't count the Spurs out. And, the Nuggets tandem of Melo, AI along with the Defensive player of the year, you definetly can't count those two teams out. However, I do think they'd have a better chance against the Nuggets than the Spurs, but for the same reasoning I believe the Spurs will come out on top to face the Suns.

Suns Vs. Spurs would be an awesome match up to watch again. Suns have more of an edge imo, because Spurs aren't really gellin so well.

Anybody know when they announce the MVP? Does it include play off stats/ games also?

MVP votes are already in, they typically announce the MVP after or during the last few games of round 1. Playoff performances are not a factor of voting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast