Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ix'Mnk is a joke if you know how to use the panel to mess with how he runs, you can easily kill him with out being hit once.
    http://www.staronion.com/maiev/nfblog/?p=364

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Octavious View Post
    1) Is Ix'MNK as do-able in a solo/duo setup as Ix'DRK was?
    2) Does the trading of 1-2-3 H.Q. Aern Organs increase/decrease Vice Drop %
    3) Concerning Reraises, is Ix'MNK as bad as Ix'DRK.
    [Octy]
    I may be restating some things people have mention previously, but here goes:

Well I've been recruited to help people low-man/solo/duo Ix'Aern MNK before so my experience varies a little. As far as over-all difficulty it's pretty easy. Have to be ready for a long fight as is Ix'Aern(DRK), however, it can turn nasty pretty fast if mistakes are made. The strategy is simple DoT/Nuke kite around the ebon panel and available terrain in the room. Might want to avoid anyone meleeing it to give it TP except for maybe a THF hitting it once or twice for TH.

If you're popping it with only one organ, but have two people and the puller has movement speed+ you can just run straight to the room where you'll be kiting and continue to kite around the circle until all the other mobs deaggro and despawn(I do this as PLD/NIN, no idea if other jobs can do it, but I'm sure it's possible.)

The other way, which is one way that's used for when you're using two organs or more is generally safer, but this involves two people minimum. The puller will run all the way to the porter running past the ebon panel room and the other member will pull Ix'Aern with some sort of spell and kite him in the room. The puller will then either take the porter or die and reraise up once it's safe.

If you're doing it solo, which I haven't done personally you'll have to pull Ix'Aern right to the ebon room and any other aggro. This involves a death and reraise. Which you then have to go back and grab Ix'Aern before he gets too far.

Other than the pull it's fairly straight forward.

As far as the drop rate there isn't much i can tell you except a friend is 0/40+ using only one organ. However, first time my LS fought it we popped with one organ and he dropped the Vice. So not much i can say for that except it's all luck imo.

From what I've noticed Ix'Aern MNK doesn't seem to reraise all the time. I've seen him do it once out of maybe 10+ kills.

If you have 12% speed mobs will depop on the hallway just before the room. To be safe clear those 2 ghrahs and then pull. It has been soloed with gaiters by using bio and a drain when possible. Having a second person will make the 1 hour 30 minute fight about 10 min. I see no point soloing

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

On another note. The East side has a door that can pose as a potential problem if the ???s are up on that side. So if you're really interested in doing this and saving a lot of time as well. I'd recommend just duoing it every time or have access to another account you can dual-box to open the door for you.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Deuciont View Post
    From what I've noticed Ix'Aern MNK doesn't seem to reraise all the time. I've seen him do it once out of maybe 10+ kills.
    This is not true, Ix'aern MNK will never Reraise, 1, 2 or 3 Organs.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by *Blaize* View Post
    This is not true, Ix'aern MNK will never Reraise, 1, 2 or 3 Organs.
    Yeah thanks for correcting that for me. I haven't fought it enough and was possibly mixing up Ix'Aern(DRK and/or DRG)

Cookiez n Leechez
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryphen Darconel
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

MNK and DRG don't reraise at all.

MNK has a chance of dropping deed, vice or nothing when popped with 1 or 2 organs. Popping with 3 will guarantee you either deed or vice.

DRG will always drops the vice or deed when killed.

DRK will also always drop the vice or deed when killed, but he can reraise however many times he feels like before dropping it for you. If he really likes you that day, he won't reraise at all.

And of course, Murphy's law is always in operation and they will never drop what you want.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Ryphen View Post
    MNK and DRG don't reraise at all.
    Strange I thought I've had DRG reraise before... It's been over a month since I've fought him though so I can't be sure now.

Publius

So what would you recommend for someone trying to get Vice of Antipathy (for Merciful Cape)? It seems to really come down to 1 organ or 3, and I have plenty of friends to help out just having difficulty getting the cape to actually drop. Is it really worth dropping 3 organs? Or is the cape drop decent enough on 1 that its better just to do that?

Well, I'm personally of the belief that getting something to drop guaranteed will increase your overall rate of getting a Vice, so I never pop him unless its with three organs. Worst comes to worst, its pretty easy to sell Deeds.

Cookiez n Leechez
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryphen Darconel
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I know someone posted their results of 1, 2 and 3 organ pops before, and if I remember correctly, the percentage of vices that dropped was pretty close across all of them. Might have been a touch higher with 3.

I've never done it with 3, so can't give any input, but the drop rate with 1 seemed comparable to the that of Ix'DRK and Ix'DRG for the vice. All of them can be pretty stingy.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

DRK will also always drop the vice or deed when killed, but he can reraise however many times he feels like before dropping it for you. If he really likes you that day, he won't reraise at all.
    I hear if you CFH it, it'll die for good and not RR!

Cookiez n Leechez
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryphen Darconel
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I hear if you CFH it, it'll die for good and not RR!
    You would know about that, wouldn't you Rocl?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

You would know about that, wouldn't you Rocl?
    Yes, he would know that. He would also know that Animosity goes away after ten minutes and that all Ix'DRK drops is deeds.