BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Question Concerning Ix'Aern(MNK)

I recently aquired my Altruistic Cape from 30+ Ix'Aern(DRK) kills, and I had a few questions I was hoping someone could answer for me concerning Ix'Aern(MNK). The other of the Sea Capes that I am looking for would obviously be the Merciful Cape off Ix'MNK, however I'm curious if the fight strategy is similar to Ix'DRKs. When I duo'd Ix'DRK it pretty much went 1 person would sack pull the Qn'Aerns and I would kite the Ix'DRK till they Teleported and came back to lose hate. I've noticed Ix'Aern spawns from those ???'s in the rooms with Qn'Aerns, leaving it hard to kite it as my friend & I did with Ix'DRK. So, i'll sum up this post with my main questions.

1) Is Ix'MNK as do-able in a solo/duo setup as Ix'DRK was?
    2) Does the trading of 1-2-3 H.Q. Aern Organs increase/decrease Vice Drop %
    3) Concerning Reraises, is Ix'MNK as bad as Ix'DRK.

Once again I appreciate any help you guys could give, I tried searching however that did bring up around 7-8 pages which I haven't found any real strategy or answer. Any help can be posted or PMd to me, thanks in advance.

[Octy]

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

1) Yes (duo). Use movement speed and/or powder boots/hermes quencher to get past the adds, being careful of sleepga from dark ghrahs but also being careful of Ix forgetting about you. Fight it at the ebon panel after the person training zones up.

2) SeaShell is 7/26 on vices with 1 organ, 0/9 with 2, and 5/36 with 3 so I'd say no.

3) Ix'MNK doesn't reraise.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Thanks, I just have a question on one of your points. Seems like I just need verification more-so. the Ebon-Panels would be on the far West & East sides respectivly for the NMs, and when I reach the Ebon Panel room, there is a Teleport to lose hate? If So should I wait till Ix'Aern is also in the room before teleporting up, as to make sure I don't lose it? When I zone up, I can have the BLM at the Ebon Panel room stun it or do some form to grab hate when the other Aern's despawn?

edit: oh, and /psych about the Reraise, no more 30 RR Ix'DRKs! *cheer*

edit pt2: and lol, I love the name of your Sea LS XD lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

There's a teleport in the general vicinity but not directly in the room. When running from the MNK pop spot, you turn left when you reach the tower to get to it, I believe. If you're solo you should wait until Ix is near before going up, but if you're duoing your friend can pull Ix off at that spot where you turned left instead of going straight to the ebon panel room as you're on your way to the portal.

And thanks, it's Map's LS.

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

When you are kiting him around and killing him in the ebon panel room make sure you run over the little bumps on the ramps.

He will nearly always asidestep a little to go around them, so you can gain ground on him.

Movement + is not required to kill this guy.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So, is there really any point in trading more than one organ since SE ‘‘fixed’’ deed/virtue drop rates?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinho
    So, is there really any point in trading more than one organ since SE ‘‘fixed’’ deed/virtue drop rates?
    Deed rate hasn't changed since fall '05. If your objective is to get a deed and you have 3 organs, you might as well trade them all because it saves you time--the ??? might repop on the other side. If you want a vice, then trade individually.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinho
    one or two organ can still drop nothing for Ix'mnk; only virtues were fixed not him.

my experience is that with 1 organ you get a 33% chance of SOME drop from ix'mnk. 2 organs is 66% and 3 is 100%. the item that drops can be either the vice or the deed, with the vice being something like 1/5 or 1/10 of the drops. this is consistent with what i've seen from drg/drk where they always drop something and it's either the deed or the vice, never both. still, since my ls doesn't do sea nearly as much as some of the others, this is by no means authoritative information.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

3 organs definitely gives a 100% drop of either vice or deed, but I don't think the 1-organ drop rate is as bad as 33%. Here are SeaShell's records:

Ix'Aern (MNK) (1 organ): 26
    Deed of Placidity: 9
    Vice of Antipathy (Merciful Cape): 7

Ix'Aern (MNK) (2 organs): 9
    Deed of Placidity: 3
    Vice of Antipathy (Merciful Cape): 0

Ix'Aern (MNK) (3 organs): 36
    Deed of Placidity: 31
    Vice of Antipathy (Merciful Cape): 5

Almost every kill had TH4 in the killing party.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hey Octavious, since you seem to have done alot of them recently (or anyone else here who has in the past), would you mind outlining how you small-manned/ soloed Ix'Drk?

Like you, I've done a little digging around and have got a general idea, but I'd love to hear specifics and any tips you'd have to offer, since it's past due for me to start working for my Altru Cape.

I've got fairly good merits/gears and experience solo/duoing things like Zip, so I'm hoping it'll be something similar, but again, any tips/ kiting locations/ whatever you could specify, I'd appreciate. Thanks ^.^

Subduer of the Squenix
    BG Level

Here's a nice summary of how to (BLM) trio all of the Ix'aern from my friend's LJ:

http://iresire.livejournal.com/44610.html

I also have a couple friends who would duo it on RDM/NIN and BLM. I'm pretty sure that they only popped it with one organ though. It's definatly doable but I'd probably try it the first time with only one organ pop, though it sucks when you kill it and it doesn't drop anything

I've always popped it with 3 organs for farming, getting the organs themselves is fairly time consuming but also pretty decent xp/merits (not awesome, but still 8k/hour mnk+rdm duo isn't too bad and actually reasonably fun). As long as you know the map well and both players make sure to keep reraise up at all times, you can duo it with just about anything. Usually had 3 ppl to make it go faster, but RDM+THF is enough, even a slow kill of Ix'mnk is lightning fast compared to Ix'drk unless he drops on the 1st or 2nd deaths.

Separating Ix from his Qns is pretty easy, just be well aware of the path and exact position of all mobs on the way, and remember ghrahs can sleep or bind you depending on the side.

As for whether the organ count affects rate of cape, overall I think the rate is bad enough that you might as well guarantee you'll get something.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Aviendha
    Hey Octavious, since you seem to have done alot of them recently (or anyone else here who has in the past), would you mind outlining how you small-manned/ soloed Ix'Drk?
    Um, from your experience w/Zipacna it's probably not going to be that much different for you, aside from the fact Ix'DRK reraises an ungodly amount of times *sometimes* upwards of 10+. I did it as RDM/NIN solo but it took me awhile having semi-resisted nukes on him. The best duo I ever did had a BLM/NIN and myself RDM/NIN and worked rather well because we could bounce hate. The only thing I really wish I had is Crimson Legs, but I'll hopefully work my way to those soon enough, just got into a HNMLS, lol. Working on Ix'MNK as of now, so hopefully it'll be a bit easier minus the billion reraises now. I find it much easier to get small groups on these Ix's rather then large groups. I'd assume they TP less, as I got Impact Stream'd only once or twice a kill on them.

edit: also, thanks for all the input. If I end up soo'ing this my plan is to take it to the teleporter using powders and then kiting it to save time. I might try to get my BLM friend who wants a shot at the cape too (he helped a few times on Ix'DRK) to come along, might make it easier too. Again thanks for all the help.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Sorry to necro this, but i'm allways being told to use the search functin .

Anyway, what's the best way to seperate Ix'Aern from his Qn'Aerns with 2 people? I'm now like 0/8 on Anything with single organ trades and i'm contemplating using a 3 organ pop.

Help would be appreciated :D

ViVi~

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viviton View Post
    Sorry to necro this, but i'm allways being told to use the search functin .

Anyway, what's the best way to seperate Ix'Aern from his Qn'Aerns with 2 people? I'm now like 0/8 on Anything with single organ trades and i'm contemplating using a 3 organ pop.

Help would be appreciated :D

ViVi~
    Sac puller pops it, runs towards the kiting room. Rather than going into the room, you head towards the porter (or die and Reraise if more convenient). The kiter pulls it off the sac puller and kites it around the room. I reccomend kiting on the far side of the room just in case the Qns decide Ix is close enough for them to see it and re-link, but it shouldn't really matter.

Movement speed+ isn't required, just use the crappy pathing AI to make things run around poles and stuff. If you do have Movement speed+, keep target on Ix'Aern with distance on and don't get too far ahead, he can lose aggro.

I also reccomend being in separate parties and having the sac puller quickly claim something else along the way to lose claim on Ix. I know Ix'DRK has alliance hate, I don't know if MNK does, never wanted to risk it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Ok, would this work. I'm duoing with another RDM who doesn't have crimson (I do). Could I pop Ix'MNK, Run him like usual to the Ebon Room and begin kiting, whilst my friend Chainspell Gravitys and runs around the room where the ??? is, Keeping stoneskin/Utsusemi up. Then he dies and RR's...Will the Qn'Aerns stay in that room?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The Qns MIGHT come after you because you popped them, I really haven' tried that method.
    Whenever I decide to pop 2 or 3 organ trade Ix'MNKs either me or my duo partner pop it as separate parties. Whoever pops it must take two actions on any other mob(s) that's not Ix'Aern. This will cause it to go yellow and allow your partner to pull it into ebon panel room while you go die in a corner or try to port depending on where the ??? popped. Usually whoever didn't pop waits right at the door that connects ebon panel room and that big circular room that can take you to three other directions and pulls from there.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by JetEnduro View Post
    The Qns MIGHT come after you because you popped them, I really haven' tried that method.
    Whenever I decide to pop 2 or 3 organ trade Ix'MNKs either me or my duo partner pop it as separate parties. Whoever pops it must take two actions on any other mob(s) that's not Ix'Aern. This will cause it to go yellow and allow your partner to pull it into ebon panel room while you go die in a corner or try to port depending on where the ??? popped. Usually whoever didn't pop waits right at the door that connects ebon panel room and that big circular room that can take you to three other directions and pulls from there.
    1 Action, 2 isn't necessary. You can only keep one mob claimed at a time.

Anyway, this is the easiest way to do it and the simplest, there's no reason to come up with anything else.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

idk, the few times i've tried 2+ organ pops i had to do 2 actions, I might be doing it wrong >_>;