Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Up in Arms     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Up in Arms

I'm getting ready to do this bcnm for the first time. I've gotten the basic info from wiki but neither I nor any of my friends have any experience with this. I was wondering if anyone who has done this successfully could provide feedback on the strategy we're planning to use.

Setup is going to be BLU/thf, BLU/thf, RDM. Start with buffs, BLU use def food and cocoon. Wiki says mob can be slept, if this is the case we'll lead with sleep then do debuffs, slow, para, blind, frightful roar. BLU will line up on opposite sides and do CASA Death Scissors -> CASA Death Scissors. Hopefully this will knock off 1-2 tentacles right off the bat. Both BLU will then all out zerg, blowing through spells and mp to try and knock out more tentacles as fast as possible while RDM concentrates on curing. We're going to try to prime SA before 1st cast so that it is available quickly for a second round of SA Death Scissors; either way, as soon as this is up the BLU will both do SA Death Scissors again.

My hope is that with this strategy we can do a great deal of amage right at the start to soften it up; with cocooon + def food we should be able to take some hits and the RDM can go crazy with cures and not worry about hate since the CASA will give the BLUs plenty of hate. I'm not entirely sure if the def food is necessary; if not sushi would be better for all the spells between SA uses.

Any feedback would be welcomed. I know the drop rate on the bcnm is awful, but we all have like 300 seals clogging up our mh so why not.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

All I can help you with is before knocking off any tentacles he hits my BLM (w/o stoneskin) for 350ish~ iirc

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It does sleep and Gravity easily, Only done as 2 BLM and a RDM though. Does'nt have that many Hitpoints really but hits like a truck.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

~11k HP I think? Not completely sure though. Forgot that x;

Hmm. If it's very succeptable to sleep, we might be able to do CASA > CASA > Sleep. And then wait for SA timers. Every minute do back to back SA Death Scissors then sleep again. Does anyone know if he builds up resistance to sleep?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

He does build resistance to sleep, but when he does you should be able to bind or just Gravity kite.

He build resistance to sleep fairly quickly, better to save sleeps for when you need MP. The more tentacles you knock off the slower he hits and the harder he hits.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Without a good chunk of TP, Dimensional Death is generally better than Death Scissors.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Only done it 2BLM, RDM. Following was our strat.

AM>Sleep,Bind,Grav>AM>Sleep,Rest>AM>Sleep,Rest>AM, Sleep,Bind,Grav>AM>Sleep,Rest>AM,win.

Around 10-11k HP. Sleeps pretty easy, it does build a resist but not all that quickly.

It does hit pretty hard and very fast at the start. Also when you kill all the tentacles it spams Maelstrom, AoE, which can tear your party up quick. You will probably need to take off a chunk at the start just so it doesn't shred you, do some damage and then sleep so you can zerg the last bit as well.

i can't seem to find any consistent numbers on this. what is the drop rate of the kclub from this bc? i've heard everything from 1/20 to 1/50 to 1/256. i don't even know of a single soul on my server that's gotten one as a drop from this bc. does anyone know of a more conclusive study than "OMG SE R LYRZ! I'M 0/6! IT IZ NOT IN THER!!!!11"?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I've done this a few times. Your strat might be a bit dangerous. It's VERY easy, as long as you time nuke it, or kite the sucker, but straight up fighting it is dangerous It hits hard or super fast, depending on it's hp.

I've successfully done this BCNM with the following set ups:

PLD, DRK, RDM (this has been my most successful set up. DRK can easily be replaced with basically any DD).

NIN, 2x BLM. Wasn't really happy with this strat really, but it worked.

Edit: In terms of drop rate, I'm ~0/15-18. I haven't kept super close track, sorry

Banned.

BG Level

I heard Aquan Killer, like from Bibiki Shell, really messes it up.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

0/30 myself.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

BSTx3....0/12 maybe-_-

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    I'm pretty sure intimidation/paralyze won't stop mob's TP moves. I wore mine when I did this as BLMx2 + RDM, and it didn't get intimidated at all (and I didn't stand next to it so it could melee me ), but we spent most of the time /healing back MP for Freeze/Burst anyway, so meh.

If there's two BLU/THFs doing it, then it might be handy. I dunno that they'll be able to pull it off though.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

anyone konw if 2~3 RDM chainspell drain works well?

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    I read on wiki that the seashell can be really effective. I took mine with on a couple runs, never saw it proc. Only way I can see it "really messing it up" is if everyone wears one or everyone has some other aquan killer enhancing trait from food stacked on top of it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I personnaly wear it, and it's indeed really efficient.
    On a full fight, Fe'e is intimidated around 15times in average, more than 10times everytime.

No clue if it stops TP moves (I don't think so, but couldnt try it enough to be sure), but when every hit hits your for 100+ dmg on PLD, you're glad when it triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Taliesin
    I personnaly wear it, and it's indeed really efficient.
    On a full fight, Fe'e is intimidated around 15times in average, more than 10times everytime.

No clue if it stops TP moves (I don't think so, but couldnt try it enough to be sure), but when every hit hits your for 100+ dmg on PLD, you're glad when it triggers.
    I'm disappointed now that I didn't get that kind of mileage out of mine when I went blm.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Did it with PLD RDM RNG, easy fight.