+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Odin Sphere     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Re: Odin Sphere

Jeez, the 3 GameStops next to my house were sold out

But one about 15 minutes away had several copies, woot.

Pretty fun game so far, but I took the boss route on the first Book too soon and now I'm having trouble with the dragon. Gonna have to go back from save point and do the other stages to level my HP and such up some.

Just press start during the fight and select retry, you should be able to leave the boss fight and continue the level as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteora
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes
    I have HDloader and have it installed on my ps2 hdd. The loading screens are like 2 seconds long.
    I was about to say the same thing. I didn't even notice the loading times, then again I'm using HDloader 7.0e "What can I get you todayy." Gf loves the whole cooking aspect of it, of course, I'm the mule farming the goods, and growing chickens like a neanderthal ._.

hey, you guys play FFxi on PS2 with the HDloader installed on it? I checked out thier website and it says its uncompatible with games that make use of DNAS... ; ;

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Picking this up later after I hang out with some family. I played a bit at my friends, I can't wait to actually play through the whole thing. Started out as emo Oswald.

actually, you have to go through the stories in order. Oswald is 4th (and not actually emo).

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Oh no my friend is bored enough to make saves at every character, but when I jumped on and tried it out it just so happened to be Oswald.

Yeah I know, he looks emo.

Ahh, that makes more sense. Oswald is fun (boss raper) but Cornelius is the best for me

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Faxanadu
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteora
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes
    I have HDloader and have it installed on my ps2 hdd. The loading screens are like 2 seconds long.
    I was about to say the same thing. I didn't even notice the loading times, then again I'm using HDloader 7.0e "What can I get you todayy." Gf loves the whole cooking aspect of it, of course, I'm the mule farming the goods, and growing chickens like a neanderthal ._.

hey, you guys play FFxi on PS2 with the HDloader installed on it? I checked out thier website and it says its uncompatible with games that make use of DNAS... ; ;

Errr, no. The HD loader is installed in my memory card (which can be passed on to other people without going through all the shit I did), but my copy of FFXI is legit.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Anyone try heroic mode yet? (the fixed 90 hp thing) I'm about halfway through Cornelius with it.

The Armageddon 2 fight isn't so bad with Oswald. Like most bosses, you just have to get used to his attack patterns. And when he sticks his heads in the ground, one of them pops out usually on the other side of the level. You're supposed to rambo through the neck to get to it, which kinda hurts. When the heart comes out you can take about 1/3-1/2 of its hp with an overload shadow form combo before it goes back in (it seems hardcoded to go back in after that much damage). I had a much harder time with Cornelius vs. the first boss. Mostly because of all the breath moves that come out instantly and cover the screen.

Got up to Mercedes the end of Mercedes book and stopped during Oswalds. It's hard, but pretty fun.

I thought Lord of the Netherworld was the hardest fight, not by much though. It also had awesome music and build up.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure Gwen's last boss would have been almost impossible in heroic without invisible + shadow ally. Cheapness vs. cheapness, go!

That boss is a cheapass no matter who fights her. Sadly Oswald didn't have too, I could imagine the rape.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

True, but Cornelius and Mercedes had a much easier time for me. Cornelius fights her first so there's way less crap flying around the screen, and Mercedes is my favorite character because it's so easy to stay out of range of punishment with her. Also, Gwen's ground combos seem to have a lot more recovery time than everyone else's.

Enough preparation with Gwen and it's easy. Shadow Ally + Overload = rape. Also, if you pop a shine during the fight the little buggers materialize automatically when they get near you, so that made it SO much easier.