Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapon Rank - Blu Spells     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Weapon Rank - Blu Spells

Do blu spells use weapon rank? and if it does, does the weapon rank for blu spells come from your sword or based of blu magic skill or something else?

I.e. would Shiva's Shotel be the best sword for blu spells, seeing its the only sword a blu can use that is rank 5

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

If I've read everything correctly, blue magic skills acts as base damage, similar to how mnk h2h skill works for their base damage. Off the top of my head, I think it's (Blue skill * .11 * 2) + 3. Each spell has a cap, basically, the higher level the spell, the higher the cap is.

In no way does sword base damage ever affect blu spell damage. Only additional stats like +str and +acc do, minus +crit%, that's sword only, me thinks.

remember, though, you're going to be hitting the mob a fair sum with your weapon to TP up between spells, so the quality of your weapon does matter. still, an emphasis on str and other stats are the primary concern since your big damage comes from your spells obviously. this is why ifrit's blade is popular with blu's despite being generally a pedestrian weapon. any way you slice it though, that shotel is hot for a blu. very good damage for tping, acc for spells, and even some int for magic based spells (not that it matters, but i'm not one to pass up more free stuff.) too bad the en-ice will never proc. gogo shiva rush? ><

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

so far fSTR(2) of physical blu spells doesn't cap. Hence, the notion of weapon rank is meaningless