+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Re: FUCKING EPIC boss battles that really should be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Yes, but the fight is still short and you will get lucky within a few try. Try fighting omega in FF8 without hero drink, and unless you "The end" it with Selphie, you will get raped almost every time.

For my ozma fight, Phoenix came twice to raise everyone, which mean I had 25% chance it happen. Not that hard to get 8 attack with steiner during that time
    Omega was a joke. You could meltdown it, than kill it in like 1-2 of zells limit breaks(spam punch rush, booya, etc. very quickly), kind of like every other monster in FFVIII, lol. I think every killable monster in the game could be one-shotted by zells...

In terms of FF games I would say the Ramza vs. Wiegraf(sp?) 1v1 fight in FFT, unless there was some trick to go about this fight I don't know of. I remember losing to him a bunch of times before I realized you could spam scream to raise your speed to the point you would have multiple turns for every one of his, and your attack power in the process, which would eventually be enough to stop running and one or two shot him. Setting auto-potion with only x-potions in inventory probably would have been enough to just fight him head-on as well, but I think you are unable to sell/drop the low tier-potions if you have already saved before that fight, since you'll load right into it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Meltdown is a given. I got 3 lion Hearth and probably many zell limit in the same fight and still lost..not that easy >_>

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

You're probably too slow with Zell then... if you're very very fast, you can beat Omega with 3 activations of his Limit... max.
    2 if you're lucky. (Of course this is assuming you're using other Limits too).

I usually go with Squall/Zell/Rinoa or Squall/Zell/Irvine for that, and it's hella easy. No item usage, at all.

After you get Orlandu in FFT...every battle's easy in that one (Aside from that rooftop fight...danm vampires -.-)

How to make the rest of the game completely harder than it shoulda been? Don't pick up Orlandu >_> and watch the Tiamats rape yoourr faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace

Unless you have some BLMs with sub calc abilities...mmmmmm

In FFT, once you got Orlandu, and if you used him, the difficulty of the game went to about zero. He raped, pillaged, and burned by himself. It really was almost cheating to use him.

In terms of epic boss battles that should be easy, Castor and Pollux in Shadow Hearts: Covenant. I was completely new, completely underleveled, and had no clue even after playing it for a few hours on how to do, well, anything. I'd just randomly hit either one, not trying to kill one or the other first, without even trying for combos. It wasn't until I was almost dead for like the 7th time that I finally realized how combos work and then next try destroyed them. God, that sucked.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    Dmitri Yuriev from Xenosaga 3... fuck him, both the character fight and the ES fight. (best boss music in the game though..)
    mmmmm much like every boss fight in that game... he was a joke lol?
    There was a simple and obvious pattern you could follow to beat every boss in that game. It varied boss by boss but lol... the final boss was the prime example.

The last really difficult fight for me in an RPG would have to have been... (Really can't think off offhand... I have trouble considering fights that can be beaten through a basic algorithm as being difficult ;x). I mean Divine Radiance or whatever in SH1... when you fight him 1v1 with Yuri was "hard" but all it really was was an attack, heal until you are full life, attack repeat... fight.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It wasn't HARD, but it was definitely frustrating because of its length... it was very tiring to keep up with all the break levels and making sure you're doing stuff to break HIS... very annoying fight, should've been very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    The last really difficult fight for me in an RPG would have to have been... (Really can't think off offhand... I have trouble considering fights that can be beaten through a basic algorithm as being difficult ;x). I mean Divine Radiance or whatever in SH1... when you fight him 1v1 with Yuri was "hard" but all it really was was an attack, heal until you are full life, attack repeat... fight.
    Ugh, that fight was pretty rowdy. It was annoying trying to get in more than two hits before healing, and with watching SP and MP and HP all at once, quickly became frustrating. You'd say to yourself things like, "Yeah, I can get one more attack in and be okay!" And then get splattered. Bah. Took me like 20 times to finally put him down.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Seymour Flux was fucking hard the very first time I fought him in FFX... then I leveled up the grid a bit more and whooped his ass.

Was Flux the one in the mountain? That was a pretty cool fight.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Omega + that mob that drops ragnarok in FF5 near the very end, I almost got one shotted with the SNES save file hack where you could max all your shit out ;/

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Seymour Flux was fucking hard the very first time I fought him in FFX... then I leveled up the grid a bit more and whooped his ass.
    I lost once to every Seymour (except the last) on my first game. They were always using cheap attack with annoying status that make the fight hard to manage when you are unprepared. Than you go back in with every summon's overdrive and destroy him in 2 round.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    FFXII is the proof simple algorithm can kill everything in most rpg.

1) Stay alive (cure/resurect)
    2) take care of important status effect
    3) Execute strongest attack

will get you through everything. Some rpg add some tweak, but it will rarely change the formula, or in the worst case, add 1 big line to the algorithm. The only part that require some thinking are turn based game like SH3 and Xenosaga, where you can't let the monster attack twice in a row..but even that is rarely an issue.

Vitality before Violence!

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Dhaos/Sekundes fight in Tales of Eternia is the most epic battle if you kill him the right way with Indignation.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dzfwp2VgsZU

Tales of the Abyss Nebilim Solo fight as Guy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M4KMVgXp9VU

and this.. probably the hardest battle in gaming history.

Digital Devil Saga secret boss Hitoshura from SMT III. (Nocturne)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_LvxkUAxvjU

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    stuff
    stuff...

In terms of FF games I would say the Ramza vs. Wiegraf(sp?) 1v1 fight in FFT, unless there was some trick to go about this fight I don't know of. I remember losing to him a bunch of times before I realized you could spam scream to raise your speed to the point you would have multiple turns for every one of his, and your attack power in the process, which would eventually be enough to stop running and one or two shot him. Setting auto-potion with only x-potions in inventory probably would have been enough to just fight him head-on as well, but I think you are unable to sell/drop the low tier-potions if you have already saved before that fight, since you'll load right into it.
    Just kite him with ranged attacks

FFX-2 Yojimbo.

What.The.Fuck.
    I scared my dogs cursing at my screen for hours during this fight.

Hi2U instantly kill my entire group move!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    FFX-2 Yojimbo.

What.The.Fuck.
    I scared my dogs cursing at my screen for hours during this fight.

Hi2U instantly kill my entire group move!
    Tell me about it, lol..

FFX-2 had a lot of fuckoff bosses. I still need to do that 100 floor thing as well. I keep telling myself I'll completely finish that game like I did X, but I never seem to get round to it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Dmitri Yuriev from Xenosaga 3... fuck him, both the character fight and the ES fight. (best boss music in the game though..)
    Hell f*ck ya, Xenosaga 3 had some awesome boss fights, but the whole "Oh damn, I have less then 10% HP GoGo Recharge x2!" And watch the sob's HP jump from near dead to almost full, over... and over.

-.-

That crap really turned me off to the game, even as much as I love the story.