Leviathan

Re: Einherjar

Did Rossweisse's chamber today.

18 people / 3 party / 1 alliance

12x Dark Ele
    12x Kraken thingies
    1x Birdy
    1x Orobon boss

I was resisted on lullaby once in about 20 casts. Definitely mana-burnable, we had 8 blms, each ga3 doing between 400 and 600 damage. 12 BLMs would be able to kill in 2 volleys. Wiped to poor communication on poison pots, then double agro, then kicked out with all eles at about 10%. Going to bring more BLMs next time, really excited lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

See my latest LJ entry for more detailed info.

Rossweisse's, 28 people
    6 Bugard-X
    12 Rotting Huskarl
    tiger
    Marid boss with Djiggas

Killed bugards first, easy. TIger popped after 3 bugards dead, killed, no drop or chest. Killed skeles, -ga spam but they don't hit very hard. Dropped 4 exp scrolls.

Got to Marid with 8 minutes left (Probably could have cut 2 minutes off this easily). Spammed Proboscis Shower mass-heal move every few seconds so we never got him much below 90%. Otherwise not difficult. Stopped using Prob. Shower for a 30 sec period, not sure what triggered it. Figure there is some trick to keep him from using it, otherwise only recourse is to have about a 12-man Stun rotation and not miss once.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeks
    See my latest LJ entry for more detailed info.

Rossweisse's, 28 people
    6 Bugard-X
    12 Rotting Huskarl
    tiger
    Marid boss with Djiggas

Killed bugards first, easy. TIger popped after 3 bugards dead, killed, no drop or chest. Killed skeles, -ga spam but they don't hit very hard. Dropped 4 exp scrolls.

Got to Marid with 8 minutes left (Probably could have cut 2 minutes off this easily). Spammed Proboscis Shower mass-heal move every few seconds so we never got him much below 90%. Otherwise not difficult. Stopped using Prob. Shower for a 30 sec period, not sure what triggered it. Figure there is some trick to keep him from using it, otherwise only recourse is to have about a 12-man Stun rotation and not miss once.

Any clue if his chigoes were up?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Sargas
    Back on Tuesday, we did I think Seigrune's chamber with 17 people. We got 12-15 tri-bats and probably a similar number of worms, as well as the manticore boss. As far as I know, no one noticed the random pop mob, so it probably wandered by as we were wiping or focusing on fighting. The bats had well over 10k hp each and resisted sleep a lot from what I heard, but they weren't impossible to sleep (BLM sleep I mean). By the time we killed all the bats after wiping once, we had less than a minute left, which was only long enough to pull the boss and find out it used Draw-In and resisted sleep.
    Exact same thing happened right now to my group. went in with 16 ppl, the tri-bats would not sleep unless it was ES sleep. After one wipe we managed to take them all down and with 1 min left we attacked the Nihhus (rhino) boss. Horribly frustrating.

Before the wipe a tiger came and attacked us, but when we went to attack again it had depopped.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

There were a few people who thought that he stopped spamming PS after we had killed all the Chigoes. Also, the Chigoe pops were being killed quickly at first, and he didn't start spamming PS for a good minute or so into the fight, so that is our best guess as to what the trick is.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeks
    There were a few people who thought that he stopped spamming PS after we had killed all the Chigoes. Also, the Chigoe pops were being killed quickly at first, and he didn't start spamming PS for a good minute or so into the fight, so that is our best guess as to what the trick is.
    I've heard the oposite, being as everytime he uses ws he pops a chigoe, so i've heard that by not killing chigoes he doesn't use ws as much to pop more

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

did Rossweisse's chamber with 17 ppl on the update day.

about 15 Hazhalm bats(giant bat) and 15 or more Hyndla(hound). Emperor Morbal was boss.

pulled a bat first since we didnt know about the whole zone linking at the time. was about 3/4 through them when we got this message
    http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/5030/hzfe8.jpg

also saw a random tiger run by. got really close but didnt aggro us. we were too busy finishing off the bats to want more aggro at the time.

went to try and sac pull the malboro after instead of messing with the hounds since we were running out of time. that didnt go so well :/

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Just tried Grimgerde Chamber. Had Ghosts and Dark Ele's, Wivre as our boss. We killed Ghosts first, brd and rdm could sleep them easy. While killing the Ghosts a black bird popped, we killed and got the same message other people have gotten. We tried to kill the ele's but with only 4 blm it was taking way too long so we decided to just wipe and go for mega. Got mega down to 79% in 1min, then timed out.

While waiting for weakness to wear off we went back and read the message that the bird gave us. It talks about the mobs 'calming down'. We were thinking that means they dont aggro anymore? When we pulled the mega we had a mage run out and see if the elementals would aggro her, and they did. They may have only aggro'd because we had already fought them and got on hate list, but theres no way to know for sure.

If this is the case, maybe only one set of mobs is meant to be pulled per entry. You pull that group and start killing, then kill the bird/tiger/sheep/whatever that pops to stop group2 from aggroing. Would allow you to have a good amount of time for the mega. If people want to test this we should keep track of which mobs people fight when they see the random mob pop:

Ross Chamber: Garms+Worms, Garms popped Black Bird
    Grim Chamber: Ghosts+Eles, Ghosts popped Black Bird

edit: noneko got a different message, ill post ours in one sec
    our quote from killing the bird:
    http://www.fatesealers.com/images/birdmsgS.png
    full pic here http://www.fatesealers.com/images/birdmsg.png

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

^
    I don't know about the only supposed to fight one set of mobs thing. We had plenty of time to kill off both our sets and Mega. We could have easily shaved time off as well but I was sorta taking it slow at the start.

No clue what the message is about though and we didn't get a message or a crate when we killed our Bird. Ours was Pink though and you said you had a Black one.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I haven't seen the zone text posted anywhere. It has some interesting things that may make the inner workings of Einherjar more clear. Here they are in the same order they appear in the raw .dats. Sorry if this post turns out rather long.

What do you take? [then there is a long list of paramter slots for temp items]
    Obtained temporary item: [then there is a long list of paramter slots for temp items]
    You already have that temporary item.

^Someone reported one of the crows dropping a temp item chest so this is obviously meant for the chest.

The chamber's stagnant aura has somewhat cleared...
    The creatures lurking in the shadows have calmed...
    The creatures lurking in the shadows have become restless...
    Heh heh heh...
    ^These seem to be the messages for when one of the special enemies (or random enemy?) is defeated. What they mean exactly it's hard to say so far.

Dendainsonne's Rage = 0.?Prompt?
    Dendainsonne's Rage = 1.?Prompt?
    Dendainsonne's Rage = 2.?Prompt?
    Dendainsonne looks angry...?Prompt?
    Dendainsonne is enraged!?Prompt?
    Dendainsonne is out of control!?Prompt?
    Dendainsonne appears to be mocking you...?Prompt?

^This appears to be text for a boss or whatever type of mob Dendainsonne turns out to be. So it has 3 types of "modes" apparently.

After this there is a lot of text that looks like bosses talking smack, but I'm not including because of spoiler aspects and because I don't think it helps to figure the mechanics out.

Random assignment for room ?Numeric Parameter 0? completed:
    Pattern ?Numeric Parameter 1?
    Set ?Numeric Parameter 2?
    Boss ?Numeric Parameter 3??Prompt?

^This seems to be the systems method for assigning what enemies are loaded into the chamber.

Expected total number of groups: ?Numeric Parameter 0??Prompt?

^I know that some people have speculated that Einherjar scales difficulty to the number of people who enter. There are some people who think that can't be possible and for good reason, but this may suggest that it does actually changed depending on groups. Still hard to say I think.

Monster 1: ?Numeric Parameter 0?
    Monster 2: ?Numeric Parameter 1?
    Monster 3: ?Numeric Parameter 2?
    Monster 4: ?Numeric Parameter 3??Prompt?

^ Assignments for each type of enemy that appears in the chamber?

Progression level for current room: ?Numeric Parameter 0??Prompt?
    Preparation for room ?Numeric Parameter 0? completed.?Prompt?

^ Seems like formal preparations.

bonus chara no.?Numeric Parameter 0??
    after ?Numeric Parameter 1?count.?Prompt?
    ??Numeric Parameter 0? =RedCrow
    ??Numeric Parameter 1? =BlackCrow
    ??Numeric Parameter 2? =Sheep
    ??Numeric Parameter 3? =Tiger?Prompt?

^This seems to be a list of all of the special enemies that can appear? Maybe each one has a different purpose?

Then there is a lot of text after this for when your making reservation and when time is running out, instructions for how Einherjar works, etc. basic things you expect to see.

In the .dat mob list all 4 of the "bonus" enemies appear 9 times. That suggests to me that any of the 4 could randomly spawn in any of the 9 chambers, and also that they aren't present in the 10th.

Can anyone help clarify which bird is which since "bird" doesn't help tell which bird it was. Here is the list of the "bonus" enemies:
    Huginn (bird, red or black not sure), Muninn (bird, red or black not sure), Heithrun (Sheep), Saehrimnir (in mythology it is a boar, but here it is a Tiger mob).

Hope this helps give a clearer idea of how the zone may functions.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Huginn's the pink raven, Muninn's the Brown Murre.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Probably need to do different things with different mobs, I've only heard of that message appearing or a chest dropping when a bird was killed, maybe it is only the black/brown one? I've been reading peoples accounts on KI/alla while BG was down, and no one had gotten a message or chest from killing the tiger, my group didn't either. How many people have seen the sheep? I have only seen one reference to it...

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Huginn's the pink raven, Muninn's the Brown Murre.
    Our Bird was Pink and definately Muninn. It also left no crate or message on death.

Banned.

BG Level

What effect does logging out in Einherjar does?

Does anyone know if the bird/tiger/sheep pops only after first pull? It looks that way. Either that or after a certain number of monsters have been killed.

Also, it looks like the best strat(for all-around situations) for everything is to have like 6 BRDs who spam horde on all the monsters. Kiting around seems too safe, as any real hate spike move will bring them all back to the main party.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

hmm.. ours was brown/black and named Muninn, can see the name in the full SS i linked.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Since all the monsters are popped when the first person enters, I can only think of three ways Einherjar could possibly be scaled: completely random, by the number of people in the alliance of the first person to enter, or the number of lamps that exist when the first person enters. Two of these are easy to test.

For those who have fought the marid boss. Did any of you notice if the tusks were broken? We fought it tonight and it kept on spamming that healing move.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Probably a rumor but did anyone else see that Wiki had put up E Body as dropping in Grimgerde's Chamber? Perhaps I missed a thread somewhere about it.