Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Re: Einherjar

Does that H stand for Horrible?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphise
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeks
    There were a few people who thought that he stopped spamming PS after we had killed all the Chigoes. Also, the Chigoe pops were being killed quickly at first, and he didn't start spamming PS for a good minute or so into the fight, so that is our best guess as to what the trick is.
    I've heard the oposite, being as everytime he uses ws he pops a chigoe, so i've heard that by not killing chigoes he doesn't use ws as much to pop more
    He definitely can use a TP move without spawning chigoe. He poped them out once every 45s or so and was spamming the healing move a lot more often then that.

We went with 20 people the other day.
    Siegrune's Chamber
    12 Nickur (toads)
    1 Orobon boss
    floter: bird (pink, don't recall what name)

We noticed that the orobon seemed to gain TP normally, but use it strangely. Hypnic Lamp and Vile Belch were used as normal, but Seaspray, Gnash, and Seismic Tail were used in threes. When it picked one of those attacks, it was used three times back to back. Obviously the Tail move was the most dangerous. With the plural TP spam, things could be stunned, and stunned WS did count towards the three, so good stunners could prevent the whole set.

This boss is hard to damage, but did not appear to have any sort of auto-regen. (It's possible the bird locked that off him, as it did not drop a chest.) Our melees were doing low damage (rampage averaging 300-400 w/o bard) and blms were doing 400-500 with thunder IV. We didn't have a clear strategy at the start, and were taken by surprise with the plural pain spam, so we only managed to get him down to 40% before running out of time. We're thinking that a well-organized SC/burst setup could take him down, and it's our goal for next time, if we get him again.

As for the scaling conditions, it's something to consider, because we had far fewer mobs than most people are reporting. It definitely could use some testing. If it hasn't been confirmed by Monday, I'll suggest we send someone in with the first duped glass, and see how it goes.
    [edit] I should remark, we had one full alliance and two latecomers partied up. The first person in the zone was from the main ally, iirc. I doubt that the size of alliance is the determining factor.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Dark ele's rape.... and take a ton of time with 6 blms, nothing like bringing 30 people and fighting 20 dark eles for a good 18mins of the run ;

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

THE FISH BOSS!

We went into Siegrune's and got 15 Skeletons, Jnuns and aforementioned fish boss named Hakenmann. The skeles were hard. We just sac pulled the boss. Got it to 69% before we ran out of time.

Interesting things about this boss:
    High high DEF. WARs swung for 0 sometimes
    Double TPs. He uses back to back TP moves, same move both times, without gaining TP.

TP:
    Seismic Tail - 800-1000 AoE DMG
    Gnash- 600-800 single target

some other stuff.
    Coulda killed with more time. Also saw a bird here.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Did Grimgerde's chamber on tuesday and got bats for mobs and Wivre as the boss. A bird popped while we were fighting bats but didn't drop a crate. Anyways.. while fighting the bats, our BRDs would horde lullaby and then BLMs would ES sleepga2 them, went pretty smoothly. For wivre boss.. we did constant light SCs with BLMs Mbing, probably about.. 10 BLMs or so. Boss wasn't too tough, no damaging WS's of the sort, but a Haste buff I think. BLMs didn't get hate til about ~25% and we ended up getting P. abj for hands, think they uncurse to be "Shadow guantlets".
    Our turnout for this chamber were about ~33 people.

Today we did.. R... chamber.. DIdn't win because we ended up getting the Marid boss. The regular mobs were dark elementals and ghosts. Brought about 7 brds for lullaby, which went well except for 1 BRD death. There was a bird that popped sometime while we were killing the bats and that ended up dropping 2 hero reflections and a blue crate of items. We killed all the regular mobs with 10 minutes left to try and kill the marid but it ended up spamming the heal move which recovered it about 7,000 HP each time. It NEVER popped chigoes and only spammed the healing move.. we ended up telling our melees to back off so that our BLMs could spam nukes and try to stun the move but we ended up getting it to 80% and it healed itself all the way back up to 99-100%. No idea whether the bird had anything to do with how the Marid reacts though. Oh and turnout for this run were about ~35 people.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

You got the same thing we did, it looks like a SC/burst stun order sort of thing but there might be a trick to it.

Banned.

BG Level

Do Assault: or Salvage: items work in Einherjar?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    What effect does logging out in Einherjar does?
    I know dc'ing doesnt do anything. I dont think it would be any different if you logout

So has anyone been able to confirm the King ABJ drops? Wiki had a few listed but I find some of them hard to believe. Someone said they have ebody listed as one of the drops.

Banned.

BG Level

If the bird/tiger/sheep pops conditions is only aggroing a monster once, then logically: an alliance could enter, then log out save one person, then this person could go and aggro and die. Then the alliance would log in, raise the "sac puller" and wait for the monster to appear, then kill it. This is assuming it has a major effect on all monsters in the area(I've seen convincing testimony that it does effect the boss, at least the manticore's regen)... well, I guess it would be easier than pulling and killing it while dealing with 20 other monsters.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I forgot what chamber my linkshell did, but we only got six Bugard-X, a Buffalo boss, and some random bird that gave a vague message when it died. Had about 33 people, too, so no idea why we didn't get more monsters.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Do Assault: or Salvage: items work in Einherjar?
    Pretty certain Assault items don't work.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by *Shinzon*
    So has anyone been able to confirm the King ABJ drops? Wiki had a few listed but I find some of them hard to believe. Someone said they have ebody listed as one of the drops.
    E Legs were confirmed by 2 groups (and lol D feet from one), but I'm fairly sure the Ebody claims were just fucking bullshit, at least from tier 1.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Storm Fife didn't work (well, it WORKED, it just didn't give +1 to Ballad). I don't think it's using the same engine, given the way in which you enter the battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by Minions
    Dark ele's rape.... and take a ton of time with 6 blms, nothing like bringing 30 people and fighting 20 dark eles for a good 18mins of the run ;
    No lie.. My Ls got that zone with about 30ish people. We had I think about 3-4 BRD and the elementals just started to overwhelm us. It was unexpected so of course less then half of us had poison pots and those little bastards loved spamming sleepga. Had a marid boss that loved spamming that HP recover move.

My LS has done a total of 3 Einherjar's. All loses, two times we were completely overwhelmed by mobs(Undead/Dark Elementals with under 4 BRD's and about 20+ mobs) the third we had 18 people. Bugards/Buffalo boss and we ran out of time with boss at about 40-50%.

----Edit

Also in the zone where we got dark elementals, we had had an NQ tiger mob appear. I didnt notice what mobs had popped in our previous battles because I was not aware/paying attention for that.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Also did anyone with the Tiger notice a new WS? Something like Crossthrash? It apparently dispelled a melee's buffs on one of our runs. However it was dead so fast, didn't have much time to figure it out, lol

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    Also did anyone with the Tiger notice a new WS? Something like Crossthrash? It apparently dispelled a melee's buffs on one of our runs. However it was dead so fast, didn't have much time to figure it out, lol
    In the dat files I found a bunch of new animations for mobs I hadn't seen before, I saw a marid cure move so I'm assuming they're all Einherjar related.

The other ones I saw was a new imp horn sound, and a new colibri tp move sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    You got the same thing we did, it looks like a SC/burst stun order sort of thing but there might be a trick to it.
    yea thats what we tried! (we had bugard-x, one bird, marid boss, no chest / message etc).
    we tried with everyone whacking it.. and it spammed the heal move, then we had only two people tping on it
    and SCing + MBing while the BLMs stunned the heal move.. (it used the move alot less than before) -
    that did work pretty well until it started resisting stuns, after which time it completely re-healed itself in a
    matter of 20 seconds or something. this may seem the best strategy, apart from DL-style maybe?

As Mini said - we got the Dark Eles / Bats / non-aggro Tiger / Buffalo boss combo.

Buffalo has sooo much HP ; ;