Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Einherjar (Tier 1, create a separate thread for tier 2)

Likely discussed dozens of other places by now but we might as well share experiences here. We just went into Siegrune's chamber and got the garm setup (only garms) with a marid boss. I had heard from others it spat chigoes but we had nothing of the sort, instead it just had 1 TP move and only 1 TP move, a self heal for 7k. It could be stunned but it build up a resistance really quickly. SC and Burst waves seemed to have done a bit but 1 resisted or missed stun and 5% of its life returned. We made a point to kill the random spawning tiger (it's a tiger bird or sheep) though so that might have switched its mode.

Our first run was through Grimgerde's Chamber

The mob setup we got were chigoes, Doom Toads named Nickur, Ravens and a Manticore boss.

We killed the chigoes, they evaded like mad but our rangers and black mages destroyed them.

After that we went after the doom toads, while we were killing the toads the bird just disappeared, we didnt see it for the rest of the run. We think there's a food chain progression of mobs here in order to get more points.

None of the mobs we fought resisted sleep at all, but we did go in with a packed group.

After that we killed the boss, it had irregular hate and seemed to aggro the last person who cast a spell (poison, erase, stun, bio, didnt matter). When we killed it we opened the armory crate full of... a manticore hide, hair, and leather. We then got 500 ampoules and a Grimgerde's Feather key item and that was it, we dropped our lamps and left.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Re: Einherjar

Don't recall which room we went into, but we got Dark Elementals with a Orobon boss. We got Tiger for out random depop mob. Dark elementals were obviously a pain, spammed sleepga. Boss had a huge ammount of HP, did a TP move that did around 900~ dmg but was blockable by Uts. We timed out with boss around 40%

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Copy pasta from the thread I made on this in the temp forums we had up for a few days. It's a combination of all the posts that we'd gotten about Einherjar there.

General:
    · Don't lose buffs upon entry.
    · 30 min time limit, no extensions.
    · Not kicked out of the zone after opening the final chest, until time runs out.
    · Mobs appear to have alliance-aggro, so death pulling doesn't work (unless outside of alliance--any disadvantages to this? points?).
    · Mobs appear to have some kind of shared hate, possibly akin to Vrtra's summoned pets.
    · Number of mobs seems to be based on # of parties, perhaps? 1-3 = ??, 4-6 = 12x?
    · Normal mobs seem to drop only exp scrolls.
    · Immediately kicked out upon dropping your lamp.
    · If party members are not inside when the first mob is aggroed/pulled, they will be locked out (think Limbus).
    · Unconfirmed: Killing the bird that flies in gives you a "temporary item chest" like the ones in Salvage. Fanatic's Drinks, Potions, Ethers, etc

Seigrune's Chamber-
    Mobs seen so far:
    · ~12 Skeletons, ~12 Dark Elementals, Hildesvini (Marid boss) complete with Djigga (chigoes), Bird (1x?)
    Drops:
    · 2x Balhran's Reflections (exp scroll)
    Notes:
    · Mobs appear to aggro, and they link by class. Pulling one skeleton will bring all the skeletons to you. Do -not- link cross-class.
    · Marid boss draws in, auto-tp
    · Skeletons not succeptible to sleep, only lullaby?
    · Unconfirmed, it appears killing one mob type causes other mob types (but not boss) to despawn.

Grimgerde's Chamber
    · The mob setup we got were chigoes, Doom Toads named Nickur, Ravens and a Manticore boss.
    · We killed the chigoes, they evaded like mad but our rangers and black mages destroyed them.
    · After that we went after the doom toads, while we were killing the toads the bird just disappeared, we didnt see it for the rest of the run. We think there's a food chain progression of mobs here in order to get more points.
    · None of the mobs we fought resisted sleep at all, but we did go in with a packed group.
    · After that we killed the boss, it had irregular hate and seemed to aggro the last person who cast a spell (poison, erase, stun, bio, didnt matter). When we killed it we opened the armory crate full of... a manticore hide, hair, and leather. We then got 500 ampoules and a Grimgerde's Feather key item and that was it, we dropped our lamps and left.

· Grimgerde's Chamber with 20 people (4 parties)
    · Mobs:
    Dark Elementals x12
    Logi (bombs) x12
    Manticore boss (can't see name)
    Birdy popped (unsure on name)
    · Pulled bombs, the first bomb we pulled acted like Big Bomb and it's PH. It got bigger as we did high damage to it.
    · Wiped after killing 1.
    · Reraised, tried to kite the group as we picked them off. Seem to have some sort of shared hate.
    · Killed 4 more before wiping.
    · Had someone disband, agro, and see if it linked it rest of people in zone. It did not, so possible to sack pull?
    · Dark Eles agro'd proximity and magic, not sure what else.

Rossweisse's Chamber
    · My group did Ross-something with 29 people.
    · We started out seeing Nickur (doomed) and Rotting Huskarl (skeletons). As people have said pulling one pulled all of the type.
    · We pulled a skelton first which had like 12 I think. Our BRDs kept them slept pretty decently from what I could tell, but seems it'd be good to have people ready to heal the BRDs quickly. Several people died from AoEs, but we managed to get through them. Then we pulled the Nickurs of which there were 4 or 6? i can't recall atm. We worked through those pretty well. An exp scroll item dropped from one of them.
    · Nihhus (wivre mob) was the final boss/mob left after getting through the other stuff. It has a ton of HP. I had filters on so i dont know how hard it was hitting, but someone commented it had terrible acc. BLM did 700-850 dmg from Tier IVs. Seemed to occasionally resist thunder spells.
    · We defeated it and won the zone. Got 500 ampoules and Key item: Rossweisse's feather after opening crate. Crate contained Wivre Maul, Wivre Horn, and Wivre Hide.
    · Other notes:
    BLM did good damage and it seems coordinated strikes could work to take out initial mobs quickly without sufferring too much from AoEs.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

We got about 15 ghosts with a Marid boss that spat out chigoes. We died pretty fast, so not much info other then that.

23 years old

BG Level

Did you fight a sheep bird or tiger Eanae?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Bird

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Grimgerde's Chamber:

We had somewhere in the range of 13-15 Dark Elementals + Manticore boss. The elementals were a nightmare, they hit me on my WAR for about 180 dmg a hit. BRDs did their best to keep them slept while myself and the other WAR voked those floating around and kited them. It looked bad, but taking them one at a time we eventually killed every single elemental. Without the 7-8 BLMs we had this would not have been possible. Bird popped at some point and got smoked before I could even target it.

We engaged the Manticore boss with only 10 minutes left and commenced a complete zergfest. We ended up winning with about 15 seconds left. 2 Manticore Hides and a Hair were drops, and 500 ampoules.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Rossweisse's Chamber -

We went in with 24
    - ~18 Rotting Huskarls (WAR Skeletons) popped
    - Boss was 1x Morbol Emperor (Complete pain in the ass)
    - After killing about half of the skeletons, a tiger popped. Killing the tiger gave no message, no armory crate.
    - Finished off all the Huskarls in 14 minutes, engaged the boss after a full rest, with 13 minutes remaining.

He used four TP moves -
    Vampiric Lash - HP drain, blinkable
    Sweet Breath - Conal sleepga
    Bad Breath - Conal statusfuck
    Vampiric Root - Absorbs ALL buffs on current target, including food and RR.

Vampiric Root made up for about 70% of his TP moves, meaning that BRDs and RDMs had to constantly be dispelling the mob.

Timed out at 13% due to lack of meds, and his absorption of far too many PLD buffs which reduced damage to 0 until they were dispelled. Next time, going to after him with plenty of status meds, and will probably have PLDs tank him relatively unbuffed.

EDIT: Ryko, I don't appreciate you Rickrolling me every time I read your posts

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Right now I'm dead in Grimgerde's Chamber. Had about 15 ghosts, a tiger, and an orobon boss.

Stunned the fish in the middle but it draws in and the ghost linked and wiped us.

found the tiger, killed it, but didnt get a temp item chest. and didnt see the bird.

anybody had the fish boss yet?

Vygun

Rossweisse's Chamber
    -8 doom toads or jnun w/e you want to call them+Oboron NM(3 oboron meat drop)

Bird popped bound it and time nuked. Gave us a chest full of a ton of meds

had a great turn out for our 1st run oddly enough. 30 people.

Wasn't too difficult, except fish NM got really spammy towards the end. Just had a ton of hp

Rossweisse's Chamber Friends group

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2391/loveyk0.png

Maestro was a war, figured this was interesting since the boss has random hate and AOE knockback, makes it tougher to constantly fight from the back.

Killed the bird, No chest drop, no message.

/lick
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Michaera
    Copy pasta from the thread I made on this in the temp forums we had up for a few days. It's a combination of all the posts that we'd gotten about Einherjar there.

General:
    · Don't lose buffs upon entry.
    · 30 min time limit, no extensions.
    · Not kicked out of the zone after opening the final chest, until time runs out.
    · Mobs appear to have alliance-aggro, so death pulling doesn't work (unless outside of alliance--any disadvantages to this? points?).
    · Mobs appear to have some kind of shared hate, possibly akin to Vrtra's summoned pets.
    · Number of mobs seems to be based on # of parties, perhaps? 1-3 = ??, 4-6 = 12x?
    · Normal mobs seem to drop only exp scrolls.
    · Immediately kicked out upon dropping your lamp.
    · If party members are not inside when the first mob is aggroed/pulled, they will be locked out (think Limbus).
    · Unconfirmed: Killing the bird that flies in gives you a "temporary item chest" like the ones in Salvage. Fanatic's Drinks, Potions, Ethers, etc

<snip>
    We did one exploratory run, got krakens + dark eles, with bird floater, and when we killed the bird, it did drop a chest with temporary items. It had an assload of meds and whatnot, but the bird itself didn't drop anything of note.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Forgot which zone we did but it was around 12ish bats (single head) and that was it (or at least we suspect, we went right to the boss after we cleared them) ... boss was a Ram (or maybe a buffalo, looked more like a ram to me), each normal hit was knockback effect .. it's damage was really inconsistent too (hitting me from 67-200ish) ... and as a 69 BRD I was frequently pulling hate, at one point died to a WS it did on me (for about 1k dmg) raised up, did nothing (not even rest) and it came over and hit me again before I could even get RR up. After I went down for the 3rd time it went after a few RDMs. We got timed out with the boss at a pretty high % (not sure the exact %, I was dead ) but I think it was around the 60's. I don't think its eva was high but I think it's def was high (I can doublecheck if anyone wants) and I know our BLMs nukes were getting resisted heavily and they were casting Bio 2 for max damage. Also, a couple people on vent confirmed seeing a bird flying around, but it despawned because someone looked through the whole arena and found nothing.

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ran this a second time tonight and we actually cleared this time, though only got 3x Orobon Meat. I'll write up details later. But with regards to the chest dropping mob (ours was a tiger), it didn't drop a chest at all after we killed it, so the chest isn't 100%.

23 years old

BG Level

The tiger from outs today didn't drop a chest either, I'm thinking it might change the behavior of the boss.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Anyone notice..... how the area right before Einherjar...is direct copypasta from Hakutaku's location? his hill is there and everything(Eagle Eye Plex)

also - The night Einherjar was released we did Grimgerde's room
    Was about 15-20 bats, didnt count, but it was a fuckton.
    Boss was a Wirve called Nihhus

Tonight we did Ross~
    Was 12 Mage skeles and 12 dogs
    Skeles were brutal, thundags and sleepagas everywhere, but we perservered
    Dogs weren't as bad, jus lame paralyzga
    Boss... was a Nihhus again

The first run we did - we killed the bird that popped and we get a message that the mobs weakened or some shit
    Second run we ignored bird and just let it depop

Don't know if the bird/sheep/tiger affects drops, but were 0/2 on ABJ
    Got 500 points both runs as well

Back on Tuesday, we did I think Seigrune's chamber with 17 people. We got 12-15 tri-bats and probably a similar number of worms, as well as the manticore boss. As far as I know, no one noticed the random pop mob, so it probably wandered by as we were wiping or focusing on fighting. The bats had well over 10k hp each and resisted sleep a lot from what I heard, but they weren't impossible to sleep (BLM sleep I mean). By the time we killed all the bats after wiping once, we had less than a minute left, which was only long enough to pull the boss and find out it used Draw-In and resisted sleep.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

My group did Rossweisse's Chamber on Thursday after getting some info from other groups and lolAlla. We went in with 36 people. I set 5 parties up like regular exp style parties(ie, Tank, Healers and DD.) and one BLM party of 5 BLMs and a BRD. Every party had a BRD, as I heard Regular sleep was resisted on most runs.

When we first entered, I scouted the room carefully as I heard the random mob(bird, sheep, tiger) could be up at the start maybe, however I did not see it. We had Hounds, Bats and a Wivre Mega Boss. We pulled the Hounds to avoid any possible Blood Aggro, there were 12-15 Hounds. Our BRDs seemed to sleep them just fine and each party went to work on one. After a few Hounds went down, I noticed a Bird pop, Munnin and stunned it. I had everyone immeadiatley switch over and kill the bird. It died and we got no message or crate as some people reported elsewhere.

After the Bird went down we finished off the Hounds, I noticed no difference in them. We then moved on to the Bats, still mass linked. After the Bats we went after our Mega Boss, a Wivre. Nothing special about, just normal Wivre moves and a ton of HP. WHMs quick on Erases after Attack down and it goes down rather easy. No major AoE moves or anything, other then a weak, blinkable, Flail type move.

Got some Wivre stuff from crate, no Abjs and the key item Rossweisse's feather.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Did Ross

Skellies and Ghosts. Pulled the Ghosts first, they went down easily. Saw the bird flying around, killed it and it dropped the chest full of meds. No message about mobs being weakened.

Pulled Skellies, couldn't keep them asleep for long -- ended up wiping to them. Reraised and had someone pull and kite the skellies while we worked on the boss. Kiter ended up dying, skellies came at us -- we got the boss down to about 60% before we ran out of time. (If we hadn't wiped we would have had time to kill the boss.)

Was really fun though! ^^

Sea Torques
    BG Level

First run was Rossweisse's Chamber. Had Garms and Worms, our mega was Marlboro. We pulled the garms (a lot, didnt count how many), only had like 1-2 brds to sleep so we had a hard time. About halfway through our BLUs tried Sheep Song and it landed, but was too late to stop the wipe. While we were fighting those, a black bird flew by but we ignored it.

After we reraised, we tried to pull the mega. It draws in if you get too far from it, so our THF got drawn in and aggro'd garms. We tried to zerg it down but it had a ton of HP (1k nukes doing only about 1%). Spammed Bad Breath and Sweet Breath. Wiped to mega/garms with mega at about 90%.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast