+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Re: Most Memorable Ending     submit to reddit submit to twitter

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Most Memorable Ending

Of the ones not listed so far, the Lunar series and Grandia were pretty memorable.

I enjoyed the endings to Suikoden 1, 2, 3, 5 ..the one game that must not be mentioned of the series had an "ok" ending..but it was still a bad game compared to the rest, so meh.. I liked the endings from FF:Tactics and BoF III (my two favorite games that I still play every once in a while).

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde
    Bahamut Lagoon hit me hard. Even though you did everything you could, it still ends horribly for most of your party.

Mind telling me what happened, because I can't remember the story >_>

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde
    Bahamut Lagoon hit me hard. Even though you did everything you could, it still ends horribly for most of your party.

One dies and your main character does not get the chick. The others live out their days in a homosexual hut.

My new favorite ending for a game is Shadow Hearts 2 (Both endings were amazing).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Suikoden IV is one of the few games that I can recall the main hero dying in the end.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Marcicus
    Suikoden IV is one of the few games that I can recall the main hero dying in the end.
    He doesn't die. Get the true ending (Although, it doesn't fully hint at him living). Playing Suikoden Tactics does show that he lived if you load perfect clear data from Suikoden IV.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    One dies and your main character does not get the chick. The others live out their days in a homosexual hut.

My new favorite ending for a game is Shadow Hearts 2 (Both endings were amazing).
    Sadly, it didn't help me. Guess I should find my old emulator save file if it still exist somewhere.

SH2 had two endings? Never heard anything about the 2nd ? >_> I thought it was decent, but I could have lived without the "wtf" moment.

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yeah.. the ending to shadow hearts 3 wasn't bad either.

Even though the "Alternate Good Ending" is.. laughable at best.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

For me FFIX was one of the best endings, but the whole Vivi might be dead thing definately gave me a lump in my throat lol.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Lufia 2. That game mans the fuck up and kills off your two main characters, leaving their son alone with no parents!

Yeah, total downer.

But apart from Lufia 2, uh... FFX, but not memorable good -- Memorable BAD.

I'm somewhat suprised no one's mentioned FFT yet D:

The entire trip through Murond Death City and the final battle (Albeit the easiest battle in the game IMO) were really amazing and incredibly epic for me.

Also for some reason most of my favorite RPG games involve you killing/destroying/evoking the dominant religious belief of the game's inhabitants. Maybe I'm just a righteous heathen :D

New Merits
    BG Level

One I have to mention because it had the LONGEST ending(s) is Valkyrie Profile. Sure, it had a battle or two stuck in there, but it just went on FOREVER.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Some have said it already but to me FFIX, can't really remember others that didn't like as much as I did with this.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Admo
    One I have to mention because it had the LONGEST ending(s) is Valkyrie Profile. Sure, it had a battle or two stuck in there, but it just went on FOREVER.
    Yeah, the entire A ending was glorious. I consider the ending from when you head visit the Weeping Lilly Meadow until when the game officially ends really.

Always much love for Valkyrie Profile, VP2's ending let me down a little, but that was because I didn't want the game to end.

There needs to be a VP: Hrist or at least a 3rd title, the battle system and characters are way to good to not use again.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    Quote Originally Posted by Admo
    Yeah, the entire A ending was glorious. I consider the ending from when you head visit the Weeping Lilly Meadow until when the game officially ends really.
    Oh, I enjoyed it too, but I just kept thinking, "damn, is this still going?"

Seriously though, if you have an hour to spare, watch the ending to this game. Every other game should take tips as this was best at finishing up the story as opposed to a Zelda-esque-walking-back-to-town ending.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Always much love for Valkyrie Profile, VP2's ending let me down a little, but that was because I didn't want the game to end.

There needs to be a VP: Hrist or at least a 3rd title, the battle system and characters are way to good to not use again.
    Not to mention Lezard's soul is hinted at still being alive in the slightly alternate ending to Valkyrie Profile 2. Would be interesting to see him return as a hero type character.

Yeah, Lezard is just too cool. When you see him in VP2 I was like "Oh shiiiit" maybe he's a good guy? Nope. I did like how they used all the characters though, but a VP where Lezard isn't a bad guy would be nice

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I can't get myself to finish playing through VP2... it just seems like the game is way too complicated and you need to break every mob a million times in order to get as many abilities as possible, and there are way too many abilities in that game as is that make it really confusing for my tastes.

I loved VP1, btw... but I just keep stopping in the middle of Ch.3 in VP2.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    I can't get myself to finish playing through VP2... it just seems like the game is way too complicated and you need to break every mob a million times in order to get as many abilities as possible, and there are way too many abilities in that game as is that make it really confusing for my tastes.

I loved VP1, btw... but I just keep stopping in the middle of Ch.3 in VP2.
    You don't... need every ability in the game. I beat it without even thinking about abilities (Going out of my war to obtain them)... just use some strategy... split up your group to avoid area of effects.. etc.