BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 84 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Salvage - Bhaflau Remnants - thread2

I'm sorry if this has been posted before but this thread is a lot of pages to read through. Tonight when doing Bhaf Remants on a rampart farm we had a odd 3rd floor rampart, 2 out of the 5 colibri that popped decided not to aggro anyone, and just fly around the room, we didnt even notice till near the end.

This happened to anyone? i always throught the colibris would aggro everyone in the party in some order. Once again sorry if its been brought up before.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill
    Because you've obviously also tested this and know it to be bunk? How about you shut the fuck up until more of us can go out and actually test something regardless of how silly it sounds and prove it to be wrong first? If he's right, then goddamn what a simple but subtle way to get NM's to pop from the ramparts. If he's wrong you can say "Told ya so" and fade off into the no-one-cares-about-you-anyway distance.

Learn to read, its been tested a hundred times, stfu.

Banned.

BG Level

I've done blind on darksday by a black guy playing black mage and no pop.

I've tried Drown on watersday, which I thought would resist 100% but it landed and everyone yelled at me, plus no pop. That was over half a year ago, this theory is neither good one nor a novel one.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I want to repeat again that we once had a "good rampart" with 2 widow pops above 65%... then the day changed and there were no more pops at all till 0 %. Kinda a strange event in all my months of slavage experience

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

that could.... be moon phase related >.>
    day change = change in moon %

it's more likely just random luck like that treasure hunter in salvage post

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

as someone who has seen probably 20 spiders since salvage came out I enjoy reading about/testing every theory even if it has been "tested" before. If there is some theory that is correct I still seriously doubt it will make nms pop every time or even more than 50% of the time that the theory is used on a rampart.

That is why I think it is good to test out theories as much as possible since if one is true it would probably still take a lot of testing to have a good reason to believe in it. Also, after idk how many bhaf runs I've done at least it helps with the boredom.

And who cares that this theory was tested a lot awhile back and that the poster was unaware of this, we should be promoting others trying (plush sharing) what they believe to be new ideas because one of these ideas may actually work (and many ppl love it when some new crazy plan gives them a tiny shred of hope lol).

Relic Horn
    BG Level

What I'm confused about is why we're trying to find ways to have them pop more often. If you fight 2-2.5 Ramparts a day (depending on whether 4F is included), chances are you'll get a drop every few runs. This is a lot better than Silver Seas & Arrapago QQs, and similar to Zhayolm & Arrapago's chariot. Sure, you might go 22 runs without seeing a bee, but you can go 22 runs without seeing a drop from any other area too, especially if you only fight half their NMs and do boss instead of the other half.

Edit: Rather what I mean is, why we're complaining so much about the pop rate. Go complain in Silver Seas thread.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    What I'm confused about is why we're trying to find ways to have them pop more often. If you fight 2-2.5 Ramparts a day (depending on whether 4F is included), chances are you'll get a drop every few runs. This is a lot better than Silver Seas & Arrapago QQs, and similar to Zhayolm & Arrapago's chariot. Sure, you might go 22 runs without seeing a bee, but you can go 22 runs without seeing a drop from any other area too, especially if you only fight half their NMs and do boss instead of the other half.

Edit: Rather what I mean is, why we're complaining so much about the pop rate. Go complain in Silver Seas thread.
    In my case, except for the Peryton door which has never given us a Peryton pop ever in quite a number of tries, i can say that Bhaf has been one of the rewarding zones when we compare the number of kills vs the number of drops between areas. So really, i still think Bhaf has a decent drop rate, sure beats the stupidity that is Silver Sea (although yesterday we got two pieces in one run there >> kabuto and gloves. Figures.)

My personal interest here is just because it gives me something to think about while we watch weak mobs spawn and get slaughtered. It's like thinking "there's got to be more to this" just because you are bored mindlessly with it. Either way, the only thing that makes me believe there might be some trigger to this is the fact that we have a lot of instances of "No NMs today! QQ" and then a lot of "Wow, we got 5 NMs to pop!". This amazing discrepancy can ofcourse be attributed to pure random luck, but once you accept it's just pure luck, there's nothing more to do here. It's not like thinking about possible yet obscure ways to manipulate this is keeping people from figuring out other things that need to be figured! (And if that's the case, tell me, i'd love to hear more mysteries >> )

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Shassira
    My personal interest here is just because it gives me something to think about while we watch weak mobs spawn and get slaughtered. It's like thinking "there's got to be more to this" just because you are bored mindlessly with it. Either way, the only thing that makes me believe there might be some trigger to this is the fact that we have a lot of instances of "No NMs today! QQ" and then a lot of "Wow, we got 5 NMs to pop!". This amazing discrepancy can ofcourse be attributed to pure random luck, but once you accept it's just pure luck, there's nothing more to do here. It's not like thinking about possible yet obscure ways to manipulate this is keeping people from figuring out other things that need to be figured! (And if that's the case, tell me, i'd love to hear more mysteries >> )

QFT. Ramparts are either "on" or "off". I refuse to believe that it's merely coincidence. There has to be something more than simple luck that explains this phenomenon. I welcome all logical theories and until we get this figured out, I'll keep burning my AP, 1500 at a time.

As a side note, on BRD I have tried cycling through all the Threnodies between pops ( Threnody >>> Reinforcements >>> Next Threnody >>> Reinforcements, etc) and seen no NM pops from 2F.

I don't have any bright ideas, but from my personal experience it's related to number of party members or even/odd numbers. That would at least explain why when I'm not there, those Pephredo be a poppin.

In most of my runs in BR, I usually only take the west path naturally because it's easier to gear up quickly and less difficulty with mobs. Stats aren't really that big of a deal unless you're going for boss, which u can easily pick up otw on 2nd floor, however u may not always get everything you need. Anyone who does this zone quite often will say that 1FW is much easier, but maybe the fact that it IS EASIER = less NM activation rate. Anyone ever think that the Rampart pop rate may be significantly higher for ramparts on future floors by taking the more difficult East path on the first floor?

Just my theory:

East path mobs seem to be more of a pain to move thru quickly enough without gear equips:

Carmine Eruca: Aoe directional breath, Cocoon Buff
    Sulfur Scorps: Aoe directional breath w/ status effects, aoe centered stomps, death scissors (potential 1 shotter), no def penalty compared to Wamoura on 1FW
    Troll Gemologists: PLD type, stoneskin + Def bonus

It is clearly the more difficult path compared to wamoura/campa and DRK trolls. Not only will you naturally move through the floors slower than normal, you will face at least 2 ramparts (1F if lucky on MB, and 2F Bees) where u will be completely naked, making plowing thru those pops slower than normal. Not to mention, when you start to farm for gear on 2F, the drops arent always that predictable, and the mobs are much more difficult fighting completely naked.

Now im not saying the pop rate will be 100% or anything, because everything thats been discovered about these ramparts, as much as I dont want to believe, lead us to believe that it is completely random, but maybe the activation rate is enhanced to something more reasonable by taking the more difficult path on 1F. Seems to be in line with the other salvage zones where the more difficult paths, you have access to the NMs with best gear. Could maybe be the intended design here.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LordBane
    In most of my runs in BR, I usually only take the west path naturally because it's easier to gear up quickly and less difficulty with mobs. Stats aren't really that big of a deal unless you're going for boss, which u can easily pick up otw on 2nd floor, however u may not always get everything you need. Anyone who does this zone quite often will say that 1FW is much easier, but maybe the fact that it IS EASIER = less NM activation rate. Anyone ever think that the Rampart pop rate may be significantly higher for ramparts on future floors by taking the more difficult East path on the first floor?

Just my theory:

East path mobs seem to be more of a pain to move thru quickly enough without gear equips:

Sulfur Scorps: Aoe directional breath w/ status effects, aoe centered stomps, death scissors (potential 1 shotter), no def penalty compared to Wamoura on 1FW

It is clearly the more difficult path compared to wamoura/campa and DRK trolls. Not only will you naturally move through the floors slower than normal, you will face at least 2 ramparts (1F if lucky on MB, and 2F Bees) where u will be completely naked, making plowing thru those pops slower than normal. Not to mention, when you start to farm for gear on 2F, the drops arent always that predictable, and the mobs are much more difficult fighting completely naked.

Now im not saying the pop rate will be 100% or anything, because everything thats been discovered about these ramparts, as much as I dont want to believe, lead us to believe that it is completely random, but maybe the activation rate is enhanced to something more reasonable by taking the more difficult path on 1F. Seems to be in line with the other salvage zones where the more difficult paths, you have access to the NMs with best gear. Could maybe be the intended design here.
    Now that's actually the most logical idea I've heard all month. However, it's hard to test something like that because it'd limit your options a lot more; even 1 Rampart + Boss would be more difficult to do.

Yea that was the same thought I had, but it makes even more sense that SE would do that. Limit you to just NMs that have a higher chance of dropping, and making it impossible to get to the boss in the same run. If more peeps actually did it, im sure people could start to figure out how to make the run faster anyhow to incorporate rampart and boss.

Just more theorizing :D

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just my theory:

Still wouldn't really explain the dramatic difference in NM pops ppl get from the ramparts, as I(and I'm sure almost everyone) always takes the west path and mostly gets 0 pops, and then occasionally gets 5 pops. I can accept the idea for now that this is just coincidental and it is indeed a random pop, but with numbers like that, I think more testing on the ramparts(or other mobs ect) will need to be done before we can come to the conclusion it is indeed, random.

Going on the east path is a nice strat, and if it were true, would help out a lot, but it just doesn't explain this other predicament

Can't argue your points here since more tests need to be done for the east side. But i'm sure you would agree that people who got 5/100 pops in a single run are a clear exception and they just got extremely lucky vs. some groups have gone 0/3000+ without even seeing a pop.

I don't really know how much more testing you can do on mobs inside/outside of the ramparts on each floor. Keeping the rampart claimed does nothing, holding/killing pops in a certain order is just silly, the time keeps ticking and you're running out of it.

One thing is for sure though, when the NMs -do- pop, the drop rate is considerably higher. SE just prolly figures the pop/drop rate balances out to the other NMs in Salvage where their drop rates are just horrid anyways. Almost as if to say, "Yes you can physically see Archaic Chariot/QQTH/Hammerblow/<insert gayass droprate NM here>, and yes you've killed him 50+ times, but we're still not going to make it drop you" sorta thing.

I don't agree with that crap at all, it does make me feel better to know that i've actually SEEN the NM and killed it, so i dont feel half as bad when not getting the drop. :D

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LordBane
    I don't agree with that crap at all, it does make me feel better to know that i've actually SEEN the NM and killed it, so i dont feel half as bad when not getting the drop. :D
    I'm the other way around. When I see a pop from a Rampart, I feel great because I know there's a good chance more will pop, and with their drop rate, there's a very decent chance that a drop will happen.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I wouldn't even mind the NM pop rate that much if Mad Bomer ever popped.

You know I just had a funny thought about Mad Bomber. People in my static group joke that it's always up when our Galka comes to runs, and it's true. But what I realized now is that when he does come, we almost always have 1 person from each race represented, since I (Hume) am always there, our Elvaan RDM makes every run, our other MNK is taru who usually makes it, and we have 2 mithra of which at least one is always present. By any chance do the people who rarely see Mad Bomber have little to no variety in the race distribution of their PT/Alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    You know I just had a funny thought about Mad Bomber. People in my static group joke that it's always up when our Galka comes to runs, and it's true. But what I realized now is that when he does come, we almost always have 1 person from each race represented, since I (Hume) am always there, our Elvaan RDM makes every run, our other MNK is taru who usually makes it, and we have 2 mithra of which at least one is always present. By any chance do the people who rarely see Mad Bomber have little to no variety in the race distribution of their PT/Alliance?
    We never bring galkas to Bhaflau, we see it about 15%? of the time.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

My group never has a Galka and we normally see Bomber at least 50% or more. Our last 3 runs to Bhaflau we've had Bomber up and Widow has popped every time. Though now that I've said it, we probably won't see it anymore!