Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

I would have to encourage caution, its very possible you will run out of mp before he dies. Whenever I am low manning BR i have the rdm chainspell and the mnk 100fists and that gets the kill just on time. I wouldnt think a rdm could pull it off without being top notch.

You can't solo mad bomber. You shouldn't need 2hs in a group, but you're maxing at about 15x fire3 with a good convert set and not needing to buff more than utsu.. 15 * 700 = 10.5k, quite short of your mark.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Good to know. Thank you very much for the info!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    You shouldn't need 2hs in a group
    If you have mnk, rdm, thf, brd in a group both mnk and rdm need to two hour or your not killing MB.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Avoid aggroing/pulling the trolls then profit.

You can't solo mad bomber. You shouldn't need 2hs in a group, but you're maxing at about 15x fire3 with a good convert set and not needing to buff more than utsu.. 15 * 700 = 10.5k, quite short of your mark.
    RDM can solo mab bomber and lol ninja subjob.

If you have mnk, rdm, thf, brd in a group both mnk and rdm need to two hour or your not killing MB.
    I have done it with THF and RDM chainspelling. The rdm is a gimp mule that I dualboxed, which has basically full AF and errant body, nq staves as nuke gear. My RDM does ~50% more damage than this gimp mule.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I seem to remember him having roughly 15k HP. It shouldn't be hard getting full equipment as RDM solo. If you can break 850 damage on Fire III, you should need to nuke him 18 times, which will require roughly 2100 MP total, which would mean you need 1050 MP as RDM. So I'd think with elixir etc. it could be possible. The more damage you can do per nuke, the less MP you'll need total. Hence why I say /NIN sub wouldn't be a good idea. /SCH instead of /BLM might be much better, as /SCH would reduce Fire III damage to 102, which would mean you'd need a max MP pool of 918 if your Fire III's do 850 damage.

So its not impossible.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    RDM can solo mab bomber and lol ninja subjob.
    how...? at least fix the numbers he gave for fucks sake

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    how...? at least fix the numbers he gave for fucks sake
    Shut up, and try playing the game. Going to bet you never tried to nuke it. And btw it definitely doesn't have 15k HPand you are looking at 1k nukes per fire3.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    Shut up, and try playing the game. Going to bet you never tried to nuke it. And btw it definitely doesn't have 15k HPand you are looking at 1k nukes per fire3.
    No offense but the reason people post here is because they're after information. I agree, sometimes it's better to just try but it's a reasonable question to ask if you don't want to waste your time/permit, knowing that someone here has probably tried it.

What would be useful to say is, things like you think it's HP is lower and nukes do more rather that just laugh and say of course you can do it with no proof whatsoever. I have nuked Mad Bomber, I have decent but not exceptional gear and good merits but hell if I can remember what the numbers were... I usually go with a small static so /shrug.

I'd rather hear about how you DID do it, what your setup was, which subjob rather than some throwaway comment which means nothing.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    No offense but the reason people post here is because they're after information. I agree, sometimes it's better to just try but it's a reasonable question to ask if you don't want to waste your time/permit, knowing that someone here has probably tried it.

What would be useful to say is, things like you think it's HP is lower and nukes do more rather that just laugh and say of course you can do it with no proof whatsoever. I have nuked Mad Bomber, I have decent but not exceptional gear and good merits but hell if I can remember what the numbers were... I usually go with a small static so /shrug.

I'd rather hear about how you DID do it, what your setup was, which subjob rather than some throwaway comment which means nothing.
    As I said earlier, /NIN us rather useless if you go to solo 1F rampart, for reasons I mentioned in my post. I also gave you numbers. I've played with Pchan, and as such, I provided you with expectations, preparations and expected/needed MP and damage. Someone earlier said you could get 15 nukes off on him, which would be roughly 10500 damage. This means he's expecting a RDM to have

1) no more than 860 MP
    2) /NIN sub (rather than the superior /BLM or /SCH)
    3) nuke for no more than 700 damage a nuke.

Which isn't neccesarily true at all. He's basing his statement that it is impossible upon the abovementioned.

As both me and Pchan has said, its not impossible.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cooleko View Post
    I would have to encourage caution, its very possible you will run out of mp before he dies. I wouldnt think a rdm could pull it off without being top notch.
    I really doubt the accuracy of these claims. And if your asking for advice about salvage, I doubt your top notch.

If MB could be soloed by a normal RDM, it would be as common knowledge as RDM soloing QQ thf. It's not. A google search yields zero results on a rdm soloing MB.

Next time my salvage is entering on firesday, ill take a SS of the RDMs gear and have them attempt to solo MB. If they fail ill SS the explosion, if they succeed ill SS the kill+rampart. Each of you knows what the result will be and im cheating with firesday and obi. and ill attach an obligatory parse

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Where did I ask for advice about Salvage?

Also, if you're gonna go try it; remember to sub BLM or SCH. As I said before, /NIN is rather useless for it, and /WHM wouldn't be of much use either.

And just because you can't find a lot of posts about it by googling doesn't mean its impossible, either. We've trioed Nyzul 1 > 100 with near 100% success each run, even though a lot of people still insist on going as 6 and still manage to fail. They've duoed GG3 and trioied (duo + dualbox) Citadel Chelonian, and yet you can't find hundreds of posts about that either, nor is it "common knowledge". Ironically, the only google result I get from "three-man Citadel Chelonian" is the guide Mdk wrote on how to do it. And yet, even though he's written a guide on how to do it, I don't see thousands of posts about it, nor do I see people doing it all the time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

by the way for mad bomber solo, remember that there is plently of chests that drop, and you will almost always find a magic attack bonus boost / Magic acc. drink ( sometimes MP boost too).

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprias View Post
    Definite necro, but was curious on how I would go about soloing the 1F on RDM/NIN if it's possible? I saw Mojo's post awhile back on 2F and just couldn't find any info on 1F. Would like to try this when I'm not running a Salvage on that particular day as an extra type of thing.

Just asking on if it's possible to solo Mad Bomber to pop the rampart. Thanks for any info!
    In case you forgot, this guy started the topic, and incidentally he was seeking info/advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Where did I ask for advice about Salvage?

Also, if you're gonna go try it; remember to sub BLM or SCH. As I said before, /NIN is rather useless for it, and /WHM wouldn't be of much use either.

And just because you can't find a lot of posts about it by googling doesn't mean its impossible, either. We've trioed Nyzul 1 > 100 with near 100% success each run, even though a lot of people still insist on going as 6 and still manage to fail. They've duoed GG3 and trioied (duo + dualbox) Citadel Chelonian, and yet you can't find hundreds of posts about that either, nor is it "common knowledge". Ironically, the only google result I get from "three-man Citadel Chelonian" is the guide Mdk wrote on how to do it. And yet, even though he's written a guide on how to do it, I don't see thousands of posts about it, nor do I see people doing it all the time.
    I'm not saying it is impossible, the words i used were "encourage caution" "RDM and MNK need to 2hr to kill" [yeah this one is close] and "i doubt the accuracy of these claims"
    I'm even willing to attempt the strategy under the best possible situation i can create.

If there isn't something published (especially when people brag about every accomplishment ala ffxi) it is pretty clear that it's not common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by mdkuser View Post
    by the way for mad bomber solo, remember that there is plently of chests that drop, and you will almost always find a magic attack bonus boost / Magic acc. drink ( sometimes MP boost too).
    I'll make sure to not pull any shots, i would like to see gate widow drop, and failing doesnt work in my favor If the solo strategy requires you get lucky on a chest with MP boost then its not much of a solo strategy.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I finally got the people to go for this.

TL;DR *** Mad bomber isn't solo-able unless you really have every single possible odd stacked in your favor. (even then it is probably not)

My results:

I went Rdm/Blm on Firesday.

I opened the fight with burn and it landed (reducing MB's int).

Had 82+6 int (switched to morrigan head after pic)
    Had +15 MAB not including any latents (subjob/obi/ugg pendant).

spell used: Fire III, 113mp

My fire 3's were landing for (low807 / high 897 / ave 831.77). I will assume average of 850 for my following math.

Mad bomber had 19580 HP (from parse)

In the parse I did 13 Fire 3 for a total of 10813 damage
    I ended the fight with 500mp so max i could have done was 5 more nukes (assuming i somehow got an extra 50mp). this would have added on 4250 more dmg for a total of 15k dmg.

I would have lost had this been a solo. (needed another 4.5k dmg)

19580/850 = 23 nukes (Lets hope burn made up for the 30 dmg i cut off)

23 Fire3 = 2599 MP

max a taru could give average gear (not counting refresh) is 1900mp.
    I don't have a real nuking body or Zmits or Goliard/morri feet or any yigit (pick apart any piece of gear you want there is plenty there). But a RDM would have to make up for 4.5k dmg with the alternate gear.

I used a BB when it dropped, was saving an oracles but completely spaced using it when i went in. I don't know how much more dmg per nuke it would have added but even if it added 50 more per nuke (~6% bonus) it wouldn't have been enough.

If Fire3 could do 1152 per nuke a taru with 1900mp total (or 950 before and after convert) would be able to solo it. (aka 17 nukes)

We got rewarded for our attempts though:
    [usu feetx1, skadi headx2] grats to the two who went with me.

As stated above, my conclusion: Mad bomber is not solo-able by a decently geared RDM under any normal circumstances. /popcorn?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

oracles drink adds alot of dmg to nukes on MB. i've noticed 850 averages go up to like 1k

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Would just like to say thanks again! That's very very useful information, and I can apply this to a duo/trio setup then (depending if the 3rd person wants Morri Cuffs/Marduk Shalwar etc)!