Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 84 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Salvage - Bhaflau Remnants - thread2

Since the previous thread is reaching 50 pages, time to summarize what we've discovered and start a new thread.

==================================================

The original thread can be found here:
    viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14622

Wiki page for Bhaflau can be found here:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Bhaflau_Remnants

==================================================

Bhaflau drops
    Level 15 armor:
    * Marduk: Anu's Tiara (head)
    * Usukane: Hoshikazu Tekko (hands)
    * Skadi: Njord's Trousers (legs)
    * Ares: Enyo's Leggings (feet)
    * Morrigan: Nemain's Sabots (feet)
    Drops randomly off of any mob in the zone, excluding NMs

* Marduk: Anu's Doublet (body)
    100% drop off of Demented Jalaawa, floor 3 Card NM (Arrapago Card). The Slot is in the center of the floor, on the H-7 / H-8 border.

Level 25 armor:
    * Ares: Phobos's Mask (head)
    * Morrigan: Bodb's Crown (head)
    * Ares: Phobos's Cuirass (body)
    * Morrigan: Bodb's Robe (body)
    * Marduk: Ea's Dastanas (hands)
    * Usukane: Tsukikazu Haidate (legs)
    * Skadi: Freyr's Ledelsens (feet)
    2 lv25 armor drop from the megaboss (Long-Bowed Chariot) 100% of the time. It can be 2 of the same armor.

Level 35 armor:
    * Morrigan: Macha's Cuffs (hands)
    Non-100% drop off of Gate Widow (spider), 1st floor Rampart NM
    * Marduk: Enlil's Brayettes (legs)
    Non-100% drop off of Gate Widow (spider), 1st floor Rampart NM
    Non-100% drop off of Peryton (big bird), 4th floor Rampart NM

* Skadi: Freya's Mask (head)
    Non-100% drop off of Soldier Pephredo (bee), 2nd floor Rampart NM
    Non-100% drop off of Zebra Zachary (ziz), 3rd floor Rampart NM

* Usukane: Hikazu Sune-Ate (feet)
    Non-100% drop off of Soldier Pephredo (bee), 2nd floor Rampart NM

* Ares: Deimos's Gauntlets (hands)
    Non-100% drop off of Zebra Zachary (cockatrice), 3rd floor Rampart NM

* Skadi: Freya's Jerkin (body)
    Non-100% drop off of Peryton (big bird), 4th floor Rampart NM

Cell Mechanics
    Potential cell drops are detailed on the Wiki page in-depth.

The cell-duplication Socket spawns on the second floor, in the room behind the East or West door from the central area. It will be on a given side approximately 50% of the time. Nobody has proven a way to predict whether or not the Socket will be up in a given direction.

Rampart Mechanics
    Each floor has a Dormant Rampart which can be spawned by killing certain monsters under certain conditions.

First floor: kill Mad Bomber without him using Self-Destruct. He uses Self-Destruct after 60 seconds. Mad Bomber spawns randomly in one of 4 dead-end rooms on the first floor. There is no known way to predict which side he will be up on.

Second floor: kill all 4 Empathetic Flans in "spikey-head" mode. Their mode switch is related to physical/magical damage, and a foolproof way of satisfying this condition is to only use physical damage. Keep in mind that Formless Strikes is considered to be magic damage.

Third floor: kill both triple-gear mobs simultaneously. The rampart will spawn in on the far side of the large room to the East or West.

Fourth floor: kill all 10 1-gear mobs without them warping away. They will warp when they aggro or link, or after a certain amount of time has elapsed (60 seconds?). They aggro to magic, but not Job Abilities. The best way to pull them is with ranged attacks or songs.

After spawning the Dormant Rampart, clicking on it will warp the entire alliance to a seperate arena with a single Reactionary Rampart. This Reactionary Rampart does not attack, but rather summons weak pets rapidly while losing health steadily.

Occasionally he will summon a NM pet. These NMs drop the level 35 armor rarely. There is no known way to increase or decrease the chance of a NM popping. As of yet nobody has proven whether NM pops are more or less frequent during any moonphase/time of day/etc.

When the Reactionary Rampart dies, the alliance will be warped back to the Dormant Rampart, regardless of their current status. The treasure pool will remain, but any monsters the alliance is currently fighting will despawn.

Boss Mechanics
    The boss of this zone is Long-Bowed Chariot, known hereafter as LBC.

LBC moves at enhanced speed (+25%~) and has 50,000hp. His base damage is fairly high, but his attack rating is rather low. He will hit a player with high defense and damage reduction for as low as 150ish. He will hit a player with negligible defense for as high as 500. Critical hits will cause a significant amount of damage.

LBC uses normal chariot moves, with one addition: Homing Missile (HM). Homing Missile is a wide-range AoE centered around the target which deals 90% of current life as damage and resets hate, much like Throat Stab. He will only use this weaponskill if he is directly facing his target. The weaponskill can be used at a range, though it has a long wind-up so can be outrun if the target is already at a distance and running away. HM can also be stunned if LBC does not resist the effect.

If a great number of single gear were killed on the fourth floor without them warping (9-10), Homing Missile's effect will be drastically reduced. 10/10 gear killed will remove the hate reset completely and reduce the throat stab damage to 10% of current life. 9/10 gear killed has been reported to remove the hate reset for everyone except the target, as well as deal much reduced damage.

LBC can double-attack and has the ability to Zanshin. When below 75%, LBC will occasionally turn to face his target; initially every 20-30 seconds, but later he will turn much more frequently. LBC reportedly has TP-regen below 25%.

LBC is somewhat resistant to stun. Bind, Sleep, Lullaby, and Gravity are ineffective. Shadowbind and all other debuffs are effective.

2 main strategies have been employed to defeat LBC:

*Kiting strategy
    Have most everyone sub nin, or potentially /rdm for blms. Use defensive gear and food to reduce LBC's damage potential greatly. Use heavy nukes and kite LBC around the room, using hate-bouncing to prevent LBC from focussing on one person too much.

*Straight-tank strategy
    Using mnks, nins, wars, or other DD/nin, tank LBC from his sides. Tanks must quickly reposition when LBC turns to face his target. The effect of Inertia Stream must be remedied quickly. Less DDs on LBC is usually preferrable, as his TP moves strip shadows and cause moderate damage to all targets in range. In the event of Homing Missile, an outside hate-sink (such as a pld or war standing out of range and provoking periodically through the fight) can stabilize LBC while primary tanks rebuild their hate.

/lick
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Salvage - Bhaflau Remnants - thread2

Complete and utter skunkage.

Pop floor 1 Rampart: 0 Gate Widow pops.

Pop floor 2 Rampart: 0 Skirmish Pephredo pops.

Ossum o possum.

Quote Originally Posted by Amastacia
    Complete and utter skunkage.

Pop floor 1 Rampart: 0 Gate Widow pops.

Pop floor 2 Rampart: 0 Skirmish Pephredo pops.

Ossum o possum.
    Sounds pretty normal, unfortunately

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

We got 2 Gate Widow pops and Enlil's Brayettes yesterday

We did run yesterday, no luck on Mad Bomber but we popped Rampart on 2nd floor - we got 6 NMs pop, 3 Tsushikazu Sune-Ate and 1 Freya's Mask. NM can drop two parts at once (we got Freya's with Tsushikazu).

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...0/img_0163.png

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

With the new salvage changes does anyone think it would be possible to do Mad Bomber and the boss in the same run? In the past, when we would kill the boss we'd have around 10 minutes left. I'm wondering if the time saved by starting with magic/abil will be enough to squeeze both in.

/lick
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    With the new salvage changes does anyone think it would be possible to do Mad Bomber and the boss in the same run? In the past, when we would kill the boss we'd have around 10 minutes left. I'm wondering if the time saved by starting with magic/abil will be enough to squeeze both in.
    I think it depends on the group but 1 Reactionary Rampart + boss should be doable.

Pre-patch we got to the point where we'd have 15+ minutes leftover when LBC died, and with the insanely increased number of cells post-patch, I could easily see making a dedicated boss run fast enough to have well over 30m left which would be enough to kill Mad Bomber + farm the Rampart if you are quick.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Yeah, these drops are insanely increased. My group went last night to Bhaflau and got tons of cells from the bombs and wamoura (not wamouracampa, those stayed the same). They said everyone was completely equipped after only 25 mins on floor one, way faster than normal. So yeah, could definately pull a rampart and a boss in one run.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushii
    Yeah, these drops are insanely increased. My group went last night to Bhaflau and got tons of cells from the bombs and wamoura (not wamouracampa, those stayed the same). They said everyone was completely equipped after only 25 mins on floor one, way faster than normal. So yeah, could definately pull a rampart and a boss in one run.
    Flying wamouras have not changed. They always had 1x Magic, 1-3x Opacus.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Has anyone attempted to spawn the 4F bird rampart again since the patch? I would assume it's the same but that one is extremely annoying since all it takes is one small mistake and you're hosed. x.x;

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by suji
    Has anyone attempted to spawn the 4F bird rampart again since the patch? I would assume it's the same but that one is extremely annoying since all it takes is one small mistake and you're hosed. x.x;
    What do you mean by one small mistake?

The Gear definitely still warp if you aggro or link them.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Our group has been able to do this prepatch, so I imagine it's much easier to accomplish with starting cells. I guess it depends on your LBC strategy and how long it takes you to kill.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

-_- ramparts are still as frustrating as ever

it makes scheduling a bhaflau run just for ramparts totally useless for us and just wastes everyones time

seems once u get an NM to pop, they like to come in groups =/

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

4F Rampart question. What do people think the minimum amount needed to pop it would be? Thanks to the update, it seems like everyone wants to do Salvage and I'm getting overflowed with people. So I wouldn't mind sending a group of 6 to Bhaflau to farm 35s there. I've done the 1F and 2F ramparts on one run with just 6 people and it was fairly easy. But the 4F pop condition is a lot harder to meet with a small group, since you'll need to kill each gear before they warp away. I'd also like to send the smallest group possible to try because one unfortunate link on the gears and you're done.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sci
    4F Rampart question. What do people think the minimum amount needed to pop it would be? Thanks to the update, it seems like everyone wants to do Salvage and I'm getting overflowed with people. So I wouldn't mind sending a group of 6 to Bhaflau to farm 35s there. I've done the 1F and 2F ramparts on one run with just 6 people and it was fairly easy. But the 4F pop condition is a lot harder to meet with a small group, since you'll need to kill each gear before they warp away. I'd also like to send the smallest group possible to try because one unfortunate link on the gears and you're done.
    The 4F gears seem to be stronger than other zones. We went with 2 MNKs and a DRK doing damage and managed to get the gears to 40-55% depending on Restoral, maybe 30% if lucky before they would warp, and that's with 2 RDMs tossing occasional nukes. I'd say 2 more melee should do the trick? or another melee and a BLM.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sci
    We've been killing them fairly comfortably with 2xDD (out of NIN/MNK/WAR/RNG), THF, BLM for damage (BRD/WHM/RDM supporting), so carefully setup you could do with 6 I think. Our second group had trouble without the same setup and no BLM though, you can get into trouble with badly timed restorals. The size of the group should have no bearing on your chances of a link though... you're not running past them, and the Gear should only ever see your puller, regardless of your group size.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

we did that even before the update , u just need to save TP off normal monsters , then kill mad bomber as fast as possible and give ur self 10min max on react. rampart .

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

we just fully geared 16 people, and i mean FULLY geared with 40 minutes left at boss. You should most certainly be able to do a rampart.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

How long do you think LBC would stay stunned under CS stun? How about 2 CS stun at the same time? My group is tempting a zerg strategy because somehow we cannot seem to deal with HM. They want to use a DRK w/ kraken, Angon/Drg 2hr, MNK hundred fists, etc. and try to take it down in like 5 minutes. I'm skeptical. What do you think? Why does my group suck at LBC lol?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

We managed to do the second floor rampart / fully gear 12 people / kill the boss.

Admittedly, we spent ALOT of time on the rampart, it popped 3 Bees, but all we got was a lousy Freyr's mask. . which rotted to a 1st timer on our runs (COR).

We got to LBC with 16 minutes left (basically skipped the 3rd/4th floor) and killed LBC himself in about 15. Only 2 homing missiles went off (one was just due to a Monk not moving in time). Tsukikazu Haidate/Bodb's Robe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 84 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast