BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

Question about fourth floor gear train. Doing 4F NM last nite I was following the gears south as they approached the middle room. They were right in front of me as they turned the corner leading to the middle large room and then suddenly just disappeared from sight, and couldn't see them ahead as I looked into the large room. I know they move at a weird, somewhat erratic pace. What I'm wondering is if I just caught a moment of lag where they jumped ahead of where I could see them, or if they actually sort of warp through the middle room and skip it entirely going to the opposite hallway? Has anyone seen them move through the middle room (unaggrod)?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

yes, they path through it normally.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, it is usually a lag/latency issue. The gears move rather quickly so that's why they seem to skip around when they come into sight and then start to move closer to you.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Something I was wondering on the first floor. Can you carby pull the 6 fomor that need to be killed to pop the NM? Last time we tried to pop him it seemed like it could work but we didn't have anyone with smn sub open.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Long-Armed_Chariot

How accurate/inaccurate would you say this information is at this point, especially the Brainjack part?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    After the initial Multi - Brainjack, Long-Armed Chariot will use Brainjack on one target per use until another wave of Multi - Brainjack's occur.
    I haven't seen him use it except @ 75% 50% and 25%.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I think its timed based, if your draw out the fight he uses it a lot more than 3 times in the spam session way. And I have seen him do the spam session before 75%

Quote Originally Posted by Evinscar
    Something I was wondering on the first floor. Can you carby pull the 6 fomor that need to be killed to pop the NM? Last time we tried to pop him it seemed like it could work but we didn't have anyone with smn sub open.
    No because the fomor aggro to the Assault JA from 20'.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    After the initial Multi - Brainjack, Long-Armed Chariot will use Brainjack on one target per use until another wave of Multi - Brainjack's occur.
    I haven't seen him use it except @ 75% 50% and 25%.
    He must hate us then =/ Every time I've done it, he uses Brainjack at 75-80%, then every 2-3 min after that =/

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Always 75% and 2-3min for us.

How fast people kill it normally? This is one of the longest chariot for us to kill no matter how many ppl we have. It's easy as hell, but too slow.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Always 75% and 2-3min for us.

How fast people kill it normally? This is one of the longest chariot for us to kill no matter how many ppl we have. It's easy as hell, but too slow.
    indeed. What causes the fight to drag out so much is the fact we kite him during charm. And 90 sec kiting every 2-3 min makes the fight long =/ We can kill him safely with 8 people (possibly less, but 8 is the lowest we've tried).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

We got to LAC with 12 minutes left on our last run and killed it as the 10 second warning came up. That was our fastest kill. 15 minutes is usually our comfort zone. Like everyone said before hand, it would go a lot faster if it wasn't for kiting during Brainjack.

WAR/NIN
    MNK/NIN
    RDM/WHM
    WHM/BLM
    WHM/BLM
    BRD/WHM

Too little for LAC, or just right?

I figure clearing Floor 1 on the Hammerblow side should give almost all the cells we need; after that, we just blow past everything else (Floor 2: SW, Floor 3: W, Floor 4: W) and get to the boss with oodles of time (probably like 40-50 minutes?)

Also, should the WAR be busting out his Ridill?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Ridill war is perfectly fine with that setup, especially on LAC that is really weak. Just make sure to not get charmed with it on...its kinda deadly.

Also, dont skip everything. You can easily take SE or NW path with this setup, and clear NM on the way You could also pop Ares legs NM with a 3rd DD probably when you get used to the zone. Just make sure your puller (brd usually) know how to avoid link SE and know how to train fomor away to unagro them in case of link. Without wipe, its easy to clear 2nm and have 40-45min left

If we attempt this tonight, I want to have as much leeway time as possible. Out of those six, only myself (MNK) and the RDM have ever done a Salvage boss.

Definitely winnable with that setup you think?

I'm not sure we'll have a second WHM tonight, or if we'll even need it - but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Also, how is LAC compared with LBC and BCC, aside from TP moves? BCC seems to hit slower than LBC, and does lower damage with it's regular melee hits... seems like it has lower defense too (but it could all be placebo from lack of Homing Missile anxiety). How weak/tough is LAC in that aspect?

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

LAC seems to me to be the most squishy out of the chariot megabosses, I rarely even get resisted on it on blm and the monks rip it apart pretty fast. Brainjack is pretty funny, I ended up laughing the first time i saw it even though it never caused us problems.

Thanks... I'm thinking I'll just open with Hundred Fists probably since it supposedly doesn't use Brainjack prior to 75% anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco II
    Thanks... I'm thinking I'll just open with Hundred Fists probably since it supposedly doesn't use Brainjack prior to 75% anyway....

Honestly, just zerging it at start is pretty funny as hate isnt really important since its wiped with Brain Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco II

Honestly, just zerging it at start is pretty funny as hate isnt really important since its wiped with Brain Jack.
    I'm more worried about popping Hundred Fists and immediately getting charmed.

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

It's been said that it will turn to face you before it charms...so just put on a weak weapon and it won't matter anyway. (Of course your hundred fists will be partially wasted.)