Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Re: Salvage - Silver Sea Remnants - thread 2

Yea, the chariot isn't much harder than a gear lol

Quote Originally Posted by Julian

If fanatic's drink person can die right before the room without aggroing the alliance, do so, or else die to the south and re-sac again to get back to the group.
    It all makes sense, except for this part... Are the gears true sight/sound? Any reason once the fanatic's drink person aggros everything, he shouldn't just run as far south as he can?

And when you say the boss is "VERY EASY" - do you mean easy next to LBC, or "wow, that was really pathetic" easy?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

They mean the chariot that unlocks the 4th floor door is "VERY EASY."

If your person thats training is a thief, if you flee, you can actually grab everything and just keep running and it will deaggro. (unless you happen to hit the gear train at a bad spot). In the quote i think they were saying grab everything, run south, then after the ramparts are successfully pulled to a safe room run back north, and die on the north side so you can help kill the ramparts.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco II

If fanatic's drink person can die right before the room without aggroing the alliance, do so, or else die to the south and re-sac again to get back to the group.
    It all makes sense, except for this part... Are the gears true sight/sound? Any reason once the fanatic's drink person aggros everything, he shouldn't just run as far south as he can?

And when you say the boss is "VERY EASY" - do you mean easy next to LBC, or "wow, that was really pathetic" easy?
    Really easy if you have some method to disable charmed people

It's basically an archaic chariot that uses brainjack at 4 or 5 period of the battle

On that charmga session, it's a happy funtime cat and mouse game between a SV'd MNKs and mages, but beyond that, it's just like fighting a nomal archaic chariot

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco II

Yes, the gears are true sight. However, I do it a little differently.

I do it a little differently. For the gear train I pop a fanatics drink BEFORE the Rectangular room as they approach me. I wait until they are slept. Once they are slept I assist with the killing of all gears. After they are all dead 2 MNKs come with me for Chi Blasting ramparts. When they are ready, I hit flee and perfect dodge, gather the entire room and run north as far as i can. As soon as stuff is aggroed the MNKs each get a rampart and head back to camp. By the time I get to the end of the path everything else has deaggroed. I slowly follow the mobs back to the south, and when I get to the infinite respawning chest area I keep spamming them looking for another fanatic's drink. Once I find one I continue south and wait just north of the rectangle room. When they are done with the first 2 ramparts they got they come to the south side of the room. Now i'm north, and they're south. I pop the fanatic's drink and gather the room again, each of them picks off a rampart (there were only 2 left now, so after this none). I run north again and wait until I lose aggro while the main group kills the 2 ramparts. When they are done the CC Rampart spawns, and all the 3x gears + chariot are back in the center room. At this point I can usually hug the walls and creep around back to camp and assist in fighting CC.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

just outta curiosity, has it been confirmed that you can use inertia stream to 'counter' brainjack ?

Inertia Stream's bind will last even while charmed, so I ask mages to never erase the bind effect. This is just a convenience and shouldn't be your only solution to handle Brainjack, though.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I wouldn't even worry about the bind on or off. I just bring an Ash Staff with me when I go to tank LBC. If you tank from the side right before Brainjack he'll turn and face directly towards you and there will be easily enough time to change weapons with a macro. So I'll be running around maybe hitting people for 20 damage or so

With good reflexes, I've been able to escape brainjack completely when he jacks my co-tank first. So I ask mages to remove my bind.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    With good reflexes, I've been able to escape brainjack completely when he jacks my co-tank first. So I ask mages to remove my bind.
    I saw your LJ, but I was under the impression that it will continuously attempt to Brainjack that specific target untill it gets it ?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    I saw your LJ, but I was under the impression that it will continuously attempt to Brainjack that specific target untill it gets it ?
    There's a time frame, he'll be in jack mode, and then after X amount of time has passed he'll stop the jackings.

^^^^

If he doesn't successfully brainjack his target in about 90 seconds, he'll go back to normal. You can usually tell he's back to normal because during jack mode he has extremely fast TP regen (like, 300% TP in 2 seconds) and when chasing people will spontaneously stop and try to use a WS.
    - If someone is next to him, he will jack them even if they don't have hate.
    - If someone's within 10' he will use Discharge or Inertia Stream.
    - If nobody's near him he'll just stop for a second, do nothing, and then continue chasing.

As soon as he stops this pattern of TP use he's safe to melee again.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Garion Vale
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

^^^^

If he doesn't successfully brainjack his target in about 90 seconds, he'll go back to normal. You can usually tell he's back to normal because during jack mode he has extremely fast TP regen (like, 300% TP in 2 seconds) and when chasing people will spontaneously stop and try to use a WS.
    - If someone is next to him, he will jack them even if they don't have hate.
    - If someone's within 10' he will use Discharge or Inertia Stream.
    - If nobody's near him he'll just stop for a second, do nothing, and then continue chasing.

As soon as he stops this pattern of TP use he's safe to melee again.
    lol, Gaiters go! I think when we low man him those gaiters are going to be my best friend. Need to make sure i get some Feet unlocked!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

As BLM I try to get charmed (keeping hate near tanks and running in during brainjack mode) for a free hate reset. The dot dmg on you isnt that bad... maybe 600ish? With 300-380 stoneskin its no big deal.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't think Brainjack is hate reset. Might lower hate slightly, but in to way does it reset hate. Otherwise I doubt our MNK's would be able to get hate back with a simple unboosted Chi Blast.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Feels like a hate reset but it may just be that i havent done anything for 2-3 minutes while dealing with the charm.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Hello guys i complete today my salvage run # 10 and we doing fine, first i had problems with ppl showing up because of lack of interest but asap they saw drops on uss are very high they start coming, i must say i do have lack of power in magic

my setup is this.

Nin/war
    Rng/sam
    war/nin
    mnk/nin
    thf/sam x 2
    rdm/whm x 2 (one of them a pld too)
    smn/whm

whm/blm (not often coming)
    blm/whm (not often coming)

everyone in the shell have 1/3 or 2/3 on pieces but we having problems on megaboss

We gonna try for morrigan hands since i have 2/3, just need silver sea megaboss.

Do you have a strategy for a bos run for cell farming and nice tiem to go up, plus a nice strat with this setup? since we dont have blm power our way is kinda hard or at least will take more tiem to defeat LAC.

Pls le tme know any strat or suggestion that can go with my actual setup. Thank you

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

sam sj sucks.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Slott
    sam sj sucks.
    What else would you have THF use for boss? They just go in there and TA.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Sam i know it sucks but having a thf meleeing feeding tp is not nice since we are short on healing, but yes they build pt then Ta on megaboss for dmg, btw i prefer a nice explanation intead of

Slott wrote:
    sam sj sucks.

Thanks in advance