+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by futceez
    Wow... this zone is definitely too easy now. We went in with 16 people today (big turn up). We killed 2F Astrologer, 3F S QQTH, 4F S QQTH, 4F S Psychflayer (dropped Macha's Crown completing piece#6), 5F S Chariot (dropped Freyr's Ledelsens completing piece#7), and beat the boss with 10 minutes left over (could've killed 5F S Astrologer as well). Took about 10 minutes to kill boss and got Phobo's Sabatons and Bobdb Pigaches off boss.
    i guess my question was more towards him, but if anyone has similar experiences it'd be nice.. 16 people is alot to gear up, even if its just weapon + ja
    also boss just zerged?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by safer
    Quote Originally Posted by futceez
    Wow... this zone is definitely too easy now. We went in with 16 people today (big turn up). We killed 2F Astrologer, 3F S QQTH, 4F S QQTH, 4F S Psychflayer (dropped Macha's Crown completing piece#6), 5F S Chariot (dropped Freyr's Ledelsens completing piece#7), and beat the boss with 10 minutes left over (could've killed 5F S Astrologer as well). Took about 10 minutes to kill boss and got Phobo's Sabatons and Bobdb Pigaches off boss.
    i guess my question was more towards him, but if anyone has similar experiences it'd be nice.. 16 people is alot to gear up, even if its just weapon + ja
    also boss just zerged?
    Well, we do QQA x2, QQTH x2, Archaic Chariot, and Bhoot reliably now with MNK MNK THF DRK RDM RDM WHM BRD, which is just 8, and we usually have about 5 minutes to spare. We've had bad luck with HP drops these last few runs though. With some good HP drops, a third MNK, and a BLM I'm confident we'd have time to at least get to the boss. Might have to skip Bhoot to kill the boss, but that's not a big deal in my group.

I've been thinking about just doing QQA 2F, QQTH 4F, Archaic Chariot, then Boss with 6-7 people, since it'd be very doable and everyone gets a chance at their NMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    Well, we do QQA x2, QQTH x2, Archaic Chariot, and Bhoot reliably now with MNK MNK THF DRK RDM RDM WHM BRD, which is just 8, and we usually have about 5 minutes to spare. We've had bad luck with HP drops these last few runs though. With some good HP drops, a third MNK, and a BLM I'm confident we'd have time to at least get to the boss. Might have to skip Bhoot to kill the boss, but that's not a big deal in my group.

I've been thinking about just doing QQA 2F, QQTH 4F, Archaic Chariot, then Boss with 6-7 people, since it'd be very doable and everyone gets a chance at their NMs.
    I think with some practice you can refine this down to being able to clear everything in the zone. The key is being able to multi-task and not get too many cells that you don't really need.

- Have a BLM or someone else who doesn't do much in the first part of the zone waiting at the porter ready to go.
    - Skip mobs on second floor if you don't need them (you almost certainly don't, except the Lamia)
    - Kill a Qutrub on the third floor while waiting for the Astrologer to run all the way across the map to you.
    - Don't pull a single gear or small Bhoot on the 4th floor if it's not absolutely necessary. Your tank should already have SJ and magic.
    - Don't stress over HP on the first floor. You have plenty of chances to make up for lack of HP cells on the 5th and 6th floor if necessary, you're gonna kill skeles on 3F anyway.
    - Kill the Archaic Gear blocking the way to the QQA while the rest of the group is doing the Chariot. Your DRK, THF, and WHM can easily trio this, especially if one or more of them have Dusty Wings. Or another idea that I just had, after the rampart in the hallway dies have everyone backtrack and kill the QQA immediately, the THF is simultaneously popping the chariot, and immediately pulling it. By the time THF gets back to the alliance, QQA is close to or already dead and they can start the chariot.

When we did this (we had 10 people though) and killed everything in the zone, I think we had about 7 minutes left over. We wouldn't have able to do it without the very high drop rate we got on weapon cells, but it still would have been damn close. In the case that you don't get that many weapon cells and are killing slower, you can skip the Bhoot which should make up for lost time.

I definitely think you can squeeze QQTH 3 into every boss run though, even with sub-par cell drops.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I run my group slightly different than most. I like to stay on the first floor for some time to get a bunch of incus cells. Obviously, this is cut down drastically with the update.

Anyways, my last run I had

MNK MNK WHM RDM THF BLU
    BLM RNG

Floor 1: Cleared entire NW wing. Then worked our way to the SE wing with the intention of getting 2 Waist Cells for Black Belt. Got them in the first room. Pulled the SMN and COR lamia then zoned up SW. Spent about 20 min which will get cut down to 15 on the next run.

Floor 2: Pull the 2 lamias then own QQA.

Floor 3: Go north and clear the 3 rooms up to the hallway. Pull a few lamias while BLM and RDM go to QQTH's room and nuke him to get him running. Melee deal with it when it reaches them.

Floor 4: Do QQTH, Fat Bhoot, then zone up.

Floor 5: Clear gears until we get enough subjob cells. Then do Chariot and QQA.

Floor 6 and 7 are obvious.

I feel we spent way too much time targetting Magic/Abilities Lamias since they were starting to go to waste by the third floor. For our next run, I will definitely be prioritizing Incus cells and Head/neck cells since Abil/Magic no longer are an issue post-patch.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

That may be the difference in strategy between you and I Xerlic:
    You opt for Incus, whereas I'm opting for HP.

Though, there may be a workaround and obtaining both by first farming a couple rooms west/south on 3rd, then going back east/north for skele's and ghosts. But I'd need to make up for the extra time on the 3rd floor by cutting down on the 1st and second. Perhaps skipping on unnecessary skele's on the first, only getting Lamias and whichever skele are in the way (most notably the ones crowding hallways where I'd be fighting the lamia) would make for 3rd floor farming for Incus and HP possible.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    That may be the difference in strategy between you and I Xerlic:
    You opt for Incus, whereas I'm opting for HP.

Though, there may be a workaround and obtaining both by first farming a couple rooms west/south on 3rd, then going back east/north for skele's and ghosts. But I'd need to make up for the extra time on the 3rd floor by cutting down on the 1st and second. Perhaps skipping on unnecessary skele's on the first, only getting Lamias and whichever skele are in the way (most notably the ones crowding hallways where I'd be fighting the lamia) would make for 3rd floor farming for Incus and HP possible.
    We just stop after 3 skeles and 4 qutrubs on 1F, no matter what. If there was an HP in the armoury crate, we skip all skeles on 1F. We only fight Qutrubs on 2F at all if we got 0 weapons on 1F. Last few times we've done this we've arrived at 3F in about 25 minutes, which leaves plenty of extra time to farm the mobs with higher drop rates on later floors.

There's 6 skeletons on the 3rd floor, using this method it's possible (and it's happened) that 0 people will get HP unlocked by the 4th floor. If that happens, it blows, but we just skip the bhoot in that case and kill all 3 ramparts on the 5th floor. Even the chariot is actually do-able and not too hard with no HP unlocked. The boss is the only real kicker. Even then, there's 4 ramparts with very high (100%?) drop rate on HP on the 6th floor, and you only need 3 HP cells from the entire zone to be effective (MNK MNK RDM)

Problem with the first floor is just that the drops can be so incosistent. Spending 35 minutes on the first floor, even if it got everyone in the zone fully equipped with stats, gear, magic, ability, everything I think you'd be prevented from clearing all 6 NMs + boss.

So we generally opt for consistency in time, changing the mobs we kill on later floors to make up for cells we didn't get on earlier floors.

1/2 on Macha Coat :D 4f QQ put out

Black Belt
    BG Level

Deimos Cuirass, Freya's Ledelsens, Hikazu Hikama in one run tonight. 2f astrologist put out the Deimos.

terraflarex

Demios last night also. 2 out of last 3 demios actually.
    Where is my god damn Macha's Coat....

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

no SS, cause i was at the porter, and i didnt get any sort of message, but 3F QQTH dropped NOTHING, not even fkn agi cells

4F QQTH dropped 1 incus cell, none of the stat cells either

0/9 on 5F chariot.... please someone tell me that no matter which routes you take or anything like that, it doesnt matter if you kill north or south chariot, and that we're just unlucky =/
    (we never kill anything in the chariot room except the chariot itself)

terraflarex

no SS, cause i was at the porter, and i didnt get any sort of message, but 3F QQTH dropped NOTHING, not even fkn agi cells

4F QQTH dropped 1 incus cell, none of the stat cells either

0/9 on 5F chariot.... please someone tell me that no matter which routes you take or anything like that, it doesnt matter if you kill north or south chariot, and that we're just unlucky =/
    (we never kill anything in the chariot room except the chariot itself)
    Route has no effect on drops.. have done it both ways and have only seen two 35feet from chariot out of many many many kills... in 3 different LSes...

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I was looking through the maps for Arrapago and they're really a mess.

I'm wondering if some of you who go different routes than I do (or simply remember things better, also) can help me clean this up. Just 1F map so far:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...Arrapago1F.gif

Concerns:

- The very first room of Qutrub, are there 3 or 4? I never pay attention.
    - Southwest quadrant, first room with COR Lamia, are there 2 or 3 Qutrub? Corrected
    - Southeast quadrant, very southeastern room, are there 3 or 4 Reserve Draugers? Confirmed
    - I don't travel the Northeast route, so is there anything incorrect up there? I just went off the wiki map, which I'm assuming is wrong.

I'm not worried about the Rampart, or doors or anything, just mob placement.

Also, if you happen to know some, I'd like to get a collection of which Reserve Drauger rooms have what jobs in them. I think it's as follows for the Southeast quadrant:

First room - 1 DRK, 1 BLM
    Second room - 1 DRK, 2 BLM
    Third room - 1 DRK, 2 BLM ?
    Lone Drauger - BLM ?
    Fourth room - 2 DRK, 1 BLM ?

One map at a time.

Edit: Oh, one last thing. Next time you get a stat cell drop from a Drauger, can you record what job it was? (Staff = BLM, Sword = DRK, Wyvern = DRG) I personally have never seen Nimbus Cells from these, just Pannus and Velum, but I only ever kill 1 DRG along the way. I'm thinking it's job specific: DRG = AGI, DRK = STR, and BLM = INT.

I can answer these easy:

- Southwest quadrant, first room with COR Lamia, are there 2 or 3 Qutrub?
    Two.
    - Southeast quadrant, very southeastern room, are there 3 or 4 Reserve Draugers?
    Three.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

there is no lamia in the most NE room of this map (3rd last room, 2nd last room with mobs), only skeletons

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia
    I can answer these easy:

- Southwest quadrant, first room with COR Lamia, are there 2 or 3 Qutrub?
    Two.
    [quote:241ea]- Southeast quadrant, very southeastern room, are there 3 or 4 Reserve Draugers?
    Three.[/quote:241ea]

Thank you.

there is no lamia in the most NE room of this map (3rd last room, 2nd last room with mobs), only skeletons
    Are there only 3 BRD Lamiae then? Or is a fourth placed somewhere else? Perhaps crowding a hallway?

Only 3. Final room has 2 ghosts, 1 brd, and a skeleton.

Skeletons in the northeast are drg and thf, in the southeast are blm and drk.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Only 3. Final room has 2 ghosts, 1 brd, and a skeleton.

Skeletons in the northeast are drg and thf, in the southeast are blm and drk.
    Ahh, I didn't know there were THF skeletons at all. <_<

Ok, corrected all that. Would it make sense then to assume STR and INT from DRK and BLM, and STR and AGI from DRG and THF? It probably doesn't matter, but I'm going for completeness and accuracy. :D

Edit: I'm looking over the DAT file and it looks like the second room in the Northwest quadrant (with the BLM) should only have 2 Qutrub, not 3. Does that sound right?

Edit2: Maybe not.. the mobs are just offset by 1 apparently somewhere in there. The extra Qutrub was made up before changing quadrants.

Edit3: I'm definitely off by 1 Reserve Drauger in the Northeast quadrant. It looks to be the one in the hallway that doesn't exist there? Either that, or there's only 2 skeletons in the second room of this quadrant.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

meh this sux , i kinda hoped that they made QQTH drop rate better , so far 0/12 ares, 0/12 morrigan from 3 runs into arro remnants. and we had TH3 on the first 2 , TH4 on the last 2 -.- /wrist SE

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Has anyone killed the 1F Rampart and Sabotender since the update? Just wondering if they drop more cells now. They should be 100x easier to kill now just with the initial chest of cells.

The problem with that is that you have to actually stay on the first floor long enough to pop them. Would be interesting to see what they drop now nonetheless, but even if it's a treasure pool full of 10 cells, I don't think it's worth it.