BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

Thats the problem w/ my group, i have blms and sam's but the sam is one of my only bards and the blms are better on ridill wars or bb mnk jobs they have(We'll one of them -might- be better on there blm, but one blm over nuking on those will end in death quickly) (Sorry for minor derail too )

One question about Arragapo boss, the other day i had 13 mins for him, both mnks on it but it was at 20% when we got kicked, are blms/rangers good for his area because they can be out of range and still damage the boss? I noticed more tp on it hurt my mp alot.

I also had a thf runing in and out on Tp moved, is that a bad idea? (Thfs give in nature mobs a crap laod of tp, but on this minor level it can he whats causing they spam?)

I usualy end up farming this area w/
    Pt1:
    War
    Mnk
    Thf
    Whm
    Rdm
    Brd

Pt2:
    Rdm
    Drg
    Mnk

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsesettse
    Lordwafik, do you think that the floor clearance you use for Arragapo 6th woud work well for Zhaylom 6th F? (My problem is, ill only ever have one bard on a run, and i like to save the SV for the boss, incase things go ikky)
    Don't see why not. But if you find that you -need- SV for bosses then don't do it unless you see a revitalizer in one of the chests, then the brd can do it. Only difference instead of sleeping mobs the brd brings you will need to grav/bind them. Chariot will also be a longer kill.

I also had a thf runing in and out on Tp moved, is that a bad idea? (Thfs give in nature mobs a crap laod of tp, but on this minor level it can he whats causing they spam?)
    If your THF sucks then yeah don't let him melee if he's gonna hit for low damage and do shitty WS. On the other hand I go in and melee due to best dagger and all.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsesettse
    Thats the problem w/ my group, i have blms and sam's but the sam is one of my only bards and the blms are better on ridill wars or bb mnk jobs they have(We'll one of them -might- be better on there blm, but one blm over nuking on those will end in death quickly) (Sorry for minor derail too )

One question about Arragapo boss, the other day i had 13 mins for him, both mnks on it but it was at 20% when we got kicked, are blms/rangers good for his area because they can be out of range and still damage the boss? I noticed more tp on it hurt my mp alot.

I usualy end up farming this area w/
    Pt1:
    War
    Mnk
    Thf
    Whm
    Rdm
    Brd

Pt2:
    Rdm
    Drg
    Mnk
    First thing I'd do is switch your Pt2 MNK into Pt1 and have the THF move, but that's just me. Everyone says party kill only for Treasure Hunter, but we've had amazing drop rates and no problems ever with THF in the second pt, even when he's solo in that party. He almost never gets a kill. I still believe when SE says party they mean alliance.

Second thing is your RDM, DRG, and THF can kill gears on 6F Zhayolm while the rest deal with the Chariot. In my group, the THF pulls the chariot towards the closest Rampart room. Sometimes, one or two of the popped gears will come with him. In the past, he's kited these around the perimiter until he lost aggro. Now, however, we just kill them while the other party does the Chariot. The floor takes all of 10min or less to clear when there's only 5-8 gears left after 5min of killing the Chariot. Granted, this was with a little more than RDM DRG THF on the adds (+1 DD for us), but it's the same idea: why have people sit around when they can be doing stuff?

This is without any 2HRs also.

Djekkie

I was wondering if anyone else noticed a certain pattern in 1st floor cell drops corresponding to which day you enter Arrapago. For the past 4 or 5 runs we've been into Arrapago we kept in mind which day we entered and linked it to a certain wing section on 1F, like how the numbered Ramparts work in Zhayolm. We numbered the wings clockwise, NW corresponding to Firesday/Earthsday, SW corresponding to Watersday/Windsday, SE corresponding to Iceday/Lightningsday and NE corresponding to Lightsday/Darksday.

I would run some more tests on the days/wings myself, but for some reason we always enter Arrapago on Iceday or Lightningsday and have only yet once entered on Lightsday. However, every mob we killed in that particular wing which corresponded to our theory has so far yielded more cells then any other wing on 1F.

Anyone entering on different days of the vana'diel week care to try and see if it works for them as well?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Djekkie
    I was wondering if anyone else noticed a certain pattern in 1st floor cell drops corresponding to which day you enter Arrapago. For the past 4 or 5 runs we've been into Arrapago we kept in mind which day we entered and linked it to a certain wing section on 1F, like how the numbered Ramparts work in Zhayolm. We numbered the wings clockwise, NW corresponding to Firesday/Earthsday, SW corresponding to Watersday/Windsday, SE corresponding to Iceday/Lightningsday and NE corresponding to Lightsday/Darksday.

I would run some more tests on the days/wings myself, but for some reason we always enter Arrapago on Iceday or Lightningsday and have only yet once entered on Lightsday. However, every mob we killed in that particular wing which corresponded to our theory has so far yielded more cells then any other wing on 1F.

Anyone entering on different days of the vana'diel week care to try and see if it works for them as well?
    I guess thisis true!!!!

Last thursday we went to arrapago, and we end upi getting Shafted by drops. We got only 2 weapons cells from coffer, 1 magic cell in the whole floor 1, jas etc etc, we got tons of hp cells htou.

but the rest sucks, we had ot kill soem bhoots and other mobs to get more magic cells but still we got pwned on cells Badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcarin
    Quote Originally Posted by Djekkie

I guess thisis true!!!!

Last thursday we went to arrapago, and we end upi getting Shafted by drops. We got only 2 weapons cells from coffer, 1 magic cell in the whole floor 1, jas etc etc, we got tons of hp cells htou.

but the rest sucks, we had ot kill soem bhoots and other mobs to get more magic cells but still we got pwned on cells Badly.
    Our last 3 Arrapogga's have yeilded us 1 weapon cell drop from -every- qutrub on the floor and 0-1 magics. Bad luck in this zone on cells -really- hurts.

Man, my group is really having trouble popping 6th floor QQs. We dont have a problem with anything else in salvage but have failed 7 times straight in popping this. Have tried with tactical group of 7-8, near full alliance of 15, 2 full parties with 3 fucking relics (Gktna, Gaxe, Dagger, oh and shield so 4 >.>), so damage isnt the problem.

We store tp before going up, soul voice, then pull as soon as we zone. Melees 2 hour even, always have a gear waiting, and gears pretty much melt. Problem is we always miss the time by a minute or so because by the time we get to the ramparts our time is closing in and they spam reinforcements.

Any suggestions? We have the DD, maybe just bad luck.. I was thinking perhaps next time pulling ramparts first and 2 houring them, as to reduce the time they are alive so we dont get fucked with double Reinforcement call, then finish off the gears after that.

Any other comments?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

For me is kinda imposible to clear all that floor in 7 mins they are soo much mobs to kill They are weak of course but damn a lot.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

if you're having problems with reinforcements, we have one monk hundred fist on first rampart, other monk hundred fist on second rampart. they typically spawn 0-1 reinforcements by the time they die. just kill any trees that pop while someone is pulling the other rampart.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    Man, my group is really having trouble popping 6th floor QQs. We dont have a problem with anything else in salvage but have failed 7 times straight in popping this. Have tried with tactical group of 7-8, near full alliance of 15, 2 full parties with 3 fucking relics (Gktna, Gaxe, Dagger, oh and shield so 4 >.>), so damage isnt the problem.

We store tp before going up, soul voice, then pull as soon as we zone. Melees 2 hour even, always have a gear waiting, and gears pretty much melt. Problem is we always miss the time by a minute or so because by the time we get to the ramparts our time is closing in and they spam reinforcements.

Any suggestions? We have the DD, maybe just bad luck.. I was thinking perhaps next time pulling ramparts first and 2 houring them, as to reduce the time they are alive so we dont get fucked with double Reinforcement call, then finish off the gears after that.

Any other comments?
    Less relic and more super mnk with hundred fists

Hundred Fists+Revitalizer+SV March Minuet is really nice.
    Can troubadour when SV almost about to wear too to extend em even longer.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If you save tp, just go for the ramparts 1st, they die so quick. Unload tp on them.

Question, Drks arnt worth anything in this zone are they? Last run in this area i had to take one (war and mnk only dd cept for thf), Maybe my drk was just nub, also bards/rdms take weps always?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

I agree - we used to save ramparts for the end - bad idea. Pull them while soul voice is still up. Use 1 100 fist on each, kill the tree, it should get 0-1 out. Have a blm (if you have any) stun the rampart around 80% With 2 mnk 2 rdm 2 brd 1 blm, we've pretty much always cleared the floor out, sometimes in as little as 4 minutes and 30 seconds. other times, 6 minutes 58 seconds heh.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I don't get how people defeat armored chariot in 6-10min
    even when purely zerging, we need a good 20min at very least to bring it down with 2x mnk and 2x sam 2hring with SV minuetx2 and cor buffs but we don't have any blms

do blms make up for a largest sum of the dmg? seems like other groups here have blms and they just destroy it np

New Merits
    BG Level

Did it last night with DRK, WAR, DRG, RDM, WHM, BRD, THF and it died in just over 7 minutes [ arrived at boss with 26 minutes left and had 19 left once it died ] and we didnt even have 2 hours for the boss since we used them all on 6F to pop the QQs. The only thing I can think of why its taking you so long is the quality of gear/merits on your DDs?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

your melee sucks

min/mar eat meat

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

they're all fully merited out with probably best gear you can possibly get except for relic weapons and some salv pieces
    all the mnks and sams have usukane sune-ate
    only mnks is uncelled for full gear while the melees have everything except for earrings
    guess downfall is using sushi instead of meat
    which kinda makes sense, meat made other chariots like LAC cut kill time in half in the past, at least for my group
    just thought armored chariot has good evasion, reducing hit rate and countering

Quote Originally Posted by bzs
    they're all fully merited out with probably best gear you can possibly get except for relic weapons and some salv pieces
    all the mnks and sams have usukane sune-ate
    only mnks is uncelled for full gear while the melees have everything except for earrings
    guess downfall is using sushi instead of meat
    which kinda makes sense, meat made other chariots like LAC cut kill time in half in the past, at least for my group
    just thought armored chariot has good evasion, reducing hit rate and countering

What? Your tanks are the ones still mostly locked?

Are you giving your mnks weapons?

Do they have str unlocked?

The difference between sushi/meat isnt that much on this guy, the above two conditions is.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Do you think this setup of 7 ppl can kill megaboss? if its posible what you recomend to farm for gear, jas subjobs, give what cells to who???

Whm
    Whm
    Rdm/whm
    War
    Mnk or War
    Brd

Rng/Sam or Rng/Nin

Targeting only the megaboss.

What do you suggest pls give me ideas.

i'm convinced 5 ppl could own this boss,

mnk/nin x2
    brd/whm
    rdm/whm
    whm/w.e

obviously since u need 6ppl bring someone like a rng, sam, cor, blm for extra dmg and help climbing

keep both MNKs on at all time, making sure they keep up their shadows

maybe a war/nin can rep a mnk, but i think less dmg ( do not equip joyeuse or ridill, 2 axes is good, less TP gain)