Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

Condensed information about Arrapago Remnants.

Repost any important data that I missed.

==================================================

The original thread can be found here:
    viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14623

Wiki page for Bhaflau can be found here:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Arrapago_Remnants

==================================================

Arrapago drops
    Level 15 armor:
    * Usukane: Hoshikazu Hachimaki (head)
    * Skadi: Njord's Gloves (hands)
    * Ares: Enyo's Cuisses (legs)
    * Morrigan: Nemain's Slops (legs)
    * Marduk: Anu's Gaiters (feet)
    Drops randomly off of any Gear-family monster in the zone.

* Usukane: Hoshikazu Gi (body)
    100% drop off of Princess Pudding, floor 2 Card NM (Bhaflau Card). The Slot is in the southeast wing of the 2nd floor.

Level 25 armor:
    * Marduk: Ea's Tiara (head)
    * Marduk: Ea's Doublet (body)
    * Usukane: Tsukikazu Gote (hands)
    * Skadi: Freyr's Trousers (legs)
    * Ares: Phobos's Sabatons (feet)
    * Morrigan: Bodb's Pigaches (feet)
    1 lv25 armor drops from the megaboss (Armored Chariot) 100% of the time.

Level 35 armor:
    * Morrigan: Macha's Crown (head)
    Drops rarely from the oversized Soulflayer in 4F South

* Ares: Deimos Mask (head)
    Drops rarely from the oversized Bhoot in 4F North

* Morrigan: Macha's Coat (body)
    Drops rarely from any Qiqirn Treasure Hunter in the zone.

* Ares: Deimos Cuirass (body)
    Drops rarely from any Qiqirn Astrologer in the zone.

* Marduk: Enlil's Kolluks (hands)
    * Usukane: Hikazu Hakama (legs)
    * Skadi: Freya's Ledelsens (feet)
    Drops rarely from any Archaic Chariot on floor 5

Lv35 armor drop rate is somewhere around 5-15% per piece.

Cell Mechanics
    Potential cell drops are detailed on the Wiki page in-depth. Each monster type has several types of cells it potentially drops, which is constant throughout the zone. Monsters on higher floors tend to have higher drop rates than the monsters on initial floors.

The cell-duplication Socket spawns on the second floor, in the southwest room. The cell-duplication NM is a difficult soulflayer which can use Reprobation and hits hard so caution is advised.

NM Mechanics
    Qiqirn Astrologer:
    When attacked, he will cast a spell, run away a few steps, cast a spell, run away, and eventually he will cast Warp on himself and depop. The Astrologer is immune to stun and silence and highly resistant to sleep, lullaby, gravity, bind. He has high magic attack power (a tier4 spell can land for 600+ dmg) and is almost impossible to interrupt while casting.

His run path goes from his start point, to the floor-exit portal, and back again.

A Duplicatus cell can sometimes be stolen from him. He can drop the Deimos Cuirass rarely.

Qiqirn Treasure Hunter:
    When attacked, the Treasure Hunter will engage for a few moments and then run away, dropping AoE-damage mines behind him. After running away for a few moments, he will stop and attack the person highest on his hate list if he can find them. If he cannot find them, he will deaggro and continue to the next endpoint on his path. His path has two endpoints: one in the room where he starts, and one at the porter at the beginning of the floor. He will run to one and, if he has hate on someone, will run to the other. If he deaggros he will idle at his endpoint until reaggroed.

He is extremely resistant to bind, sleep, lullaby, gravity, and is immune to stun. His job is thf which means he has high evasion and can triple attack.

A Cumulus cell can sometimes be stolen from him. He can drop the Macha's Coat rarely.

Big Bhoot:
    This one hits harder and has more HP and sometimes drops the Deimos Mask. The large Bhoot also has the ability to use Perdition (instant death, can only be avoided by stunning).

Big Soulflayer:
    This one hits harder and has more HP and sometimes drops the Macha's Crown. The large Soulflayer also has the ability to use Reprobation, a large-AoE version of Mind Purge.

Archaic Chariot:
    Normal-difficulty chariot. Has approximately 15,000hp. Does not use any special moves outside the normal Chariot TP attacks. Sometimes drops Hikazu Hakama, Freya's Ledelsens, and Enlil's Kolluks. It can drop several armor at once but has not yet been seen to drop multiple of the same armor.

Floor Mechanics
    Floor 1:
    There are 4 portals to the second floor. Which one used corresponds to the location the alliance appears on the second floor.

After a randomly chosen Lamia or Merrow is defeated, an Archaic Rampart spawns at the start of the 1st floor. It can use Reinforcements to summon a Cactuar when attacked.

Floor 2:
    Only the wing initially chosen can be cleared. Keep this in mind if you plan to use the Socket (southwest) or Slot (southeast). A Qiqirn Astrologer will spawn near the center area, on a random side of the portal.

Floor 3:
    Both the east/north and west/south paths can be explored here, but only 1 of the 2 doors to the portals can be opened. The south path leads to Soulflayers; the north path leads to Bhoots. When the door to a portal is opened, a Qiqirn Treasure Hunter will spawn by the portal.

Floor 4:
    Depending on the porter used on floor 3, the alliance will appear in the north or south section of the floor.

The North half contains Bhoots in the north room. One of these Bhoots is larger than the rest, the "Big Bhoot". The South half contains Soulflayers in the south room. One of these Soulflayers is larger than the rest, the "Big Soulflayer". The southern rampart in the west room can summon a Morbol pet. Use caution.

When the door to a portal is opened, a Qiqirn Treasure Hunter will spawn by the portal.

Floor 5:
    Depending on the porter used on floor 3, the alliance will appear in the north or south section of the floor.

The south half contains ramparts which summon Aquan mobs. The Rampart near the porter door can summon an Orobon. Use caution. The north half contains ramparts which summon Plantoids. When the door to the porter is opened, the Archaic Chariot spawns in the large ballroom, and a Qiqirn Astrologer will spawn in the small side-room near the start of the floor.

The ramparts on this floor sometimes aggro and sometimes do not. The exact method by which they aggro has not been completely settled.

Floor 6:
    4x 1-gear, 4x 3-gear, and 2x Archaic Ramparts which all must be defeated to unlock the door to floor 7. Reinforcements of the Archaic Ramparts may also need to be defeated to unlock the door. The ramparts can summon multiple treants.

When the door to floor 7 is opened, 2 additional ramparts spawn in the dead-end rooms. These summon Korrigans and Saplings. There are also 2 Qiqirn Treasure Hunters in the dat files but nobody has discovered how to pop these.

Floor 7:
    Only the boss, Armored Chariot, is on this floor.

Boss Mechanics
    The boss of this zone is Armored Chariot, known hereafter as AC.

AC's movement speed has not yet been determined. He has 50,000hp. His base damage is fairly high, but his attack rating is rather low. He will hit a player with high defense and damage reduction for as low as 150ish. He will hit a player with negligible defense for as high as 500. Critical hits will cause a significant amount of damage. His accuracy is relatively low in that it may be possible to use an evasion set effectively.

AC uses normal chariot moves, with one addition: Mortal Revolution (MR). Mortal Revolution is a normal-range AoE centered around the source. It is a physical multi-hit weaponskill and can be absorbed using Utsusemi (up to 3 shadows). If Mortal Revolution causes damage, it will also cause a short Stun effect and Knockback. Mortal Revolution damage can range from moderate (300) to extreme (900+) depending on target defense, criticals, and the number of hits scored.

AC can double- and triple-attack. AC has TP-regen below 25%.

AC is somewhat resistant to stun. Bind, Sleep, Lullaby, and Gravity are ineffective. Shadowbind and all other debuffs are effective.

There have not been many recorded AC kills (partly because his drops cannot be completed until people discover the drop method of Zhayolm's lv35 items). One proven strategy is below:

*Straight-tank strategy
    Using mnks, nins, wars, or other DD/nin, straight tank AC. Unlike LBC, no repositioning is required so the bind effect of Inertia Stream can be mostly ignored. Use of flash after Mortal Revolution can help stunned tanks to recover.

Less DDs on AC is usually preferrable, as his TP moves strip shadows and cause moderate damage to all targets in range. Blind or Kurayami will also reduce the strain on shadows and increase the likelihood of Mortal Revolution causing low damage or missing altogether.

Re: Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2

We just killed

2F QQA, 3F QQTH, 4F QQTH, 4F Bhoot, 5F Chariot, 5F QQA, and boss all in the same run. <3 this update lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    We just killed

2F QQA, 3F QQTH, 4F QQTH, 4F Bhoot, 5F Chariot, 5F QQA, and boss all in the same run. <3 this update lol
    Yeah, my group did something similar tonight as well. 2F QQA, 3F QQTH, 4F QQTH, 5F Chariot, 5F QQA, and the boss.

Just in case confirmation is needed, the boss dropped two lvl25 items. We originally were just going to farm lvl35 drops, but we had so much time left we went for the boss. Nice to get something after being skunked yet again on the NMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sci
    Just in case confirmation is needed, the boss dropped two lvl25 items. We originally were just going to farm lvl35 drops, but we had so much time left we went for the boss. Nice to get something after being skunked yet again on the NMs.
    We also got a Deimos's Cuirass and a Freya's Ledelsens on our run lol, so it was definitely the best run we've ever had. :D

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

This zone is so easy post-update.

We also killed 2f QQA, 3f QQTH, 4f QQTH, 4f Fat Bhoot, 5f QQA, 5f Chariot, and got the boss down to 40% with 8 people. If we had shaved off a few minutes or had a third MNK, we would have nailed him.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My group has been doing all of the NMs fine but... clearing the 6th floor to open the gate is what kills us. There's so many fking mobs. -_-

Black Belt
    BG Level

How many people do you guys go in with and what are the setup/route to be able to hit all NM + Boss?

We tried arrapago post update, cell drops save the original box seem to be the same shitty droprate...but maybe that's just us being hosed.

Also, what's your guys' strategy for 3rd floor TH? Ours didnt even bother stopping after spawning...making him impossible to damage.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

For 3f QQTH, we clear the 3 rooms leading up to the hallway then have any nukers (BLMs and RDMs) sneak/invis up and pop the TH while the rest of the group waits at the beginning of the hallway.

The nukers synch nuke to make QQTH start running back to the rest of the group. Then they just chase it and hit it till it dies.

Our group is usually 2 MNKs, THF, RNG, then the rest is some kind of configuration of BRDs, RDMs, WHMs, and BLMs depending on the zone. Usually around 8-10 people total.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong
    How many people do you guys go in with and what are the setup/route to be able to hit all NM + Boss?

We tried arrapago post update, cell drops save the original box seem to be the same shitty droprate...but maybe that's just us being hosed.

Also, what's your guys' strategy for 3rd floor TH? Ours didnt even bother stopping after spawning...making him impossible to damage.
    We had THF DRG MNK MNK MNK BRD WHM RDM BLM BLU.

1F - We went to the far SE. Killed all 4 of those lamia, then fought skeletons until we got 1 HP cell (was 2nd or 3rd skele). Backtracked to SW wing. Killed all 4 lamia, then fougth qutrubs until we got 1 weapon cell. We actually ended up getting 2 weapon cells though. Warped.

2F - Pulled both Lamia, ignored all qutrubs. Killed the QQA and warped.

3F - Went east/north. Cleared the entire path including the 2 ghosts. In the long rectangular room we pulled the 2 icedancers. left the other ghosts/bhoots alone. RDM went to QQTH area, BLM waited in hallway between the gespenst / skeleton room, everyone else at porter. Went heavy on melee when it got to us, otherwise was a DoT fest.

4F - Ignored gears completely. Went straight for the QQTH > Bhoot. Warped.

5F - Killed the 3 gears in the path, then the 2 gears + rampart in the next room. Pulled Chariot immediately. Only MNK MNK BRD RDM participated against the chariot, so the rest of us went back and killed the gear blocking the path to the Astrologer. Waited for Chariot to die, ganged up on the Astrologer. Sent a BRD to the teleporter to warp us.

6F - Cleared the top floor in about 15 minutes. Warped.

7F - had about 20 minutes left.

For us, being able to do this was heavily due to the fact we got so lucky with weapon cell drops. It really sped up killing of the skeletons, ghosts, and QQTH.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Our group is somewhere in the ballpark of 0/30 on the QQTHs; We've managed to get every other 35 piece at least once (except ares mask) including 2 ares bodies in one run. While that is great considering we have a few completed/almost completed pieces, to be quite frank, the QQTH is getting really annoying.

The fact that many people have gone 0/20, 0/30, even as much as 0/50+ on the THs, it's really starting to make me wonder whether or not there's any sort of drop condition for Macha's Coat. The Astorolgers, for exmaple, have to be killed before they get to the porter. While I know killing it before it warps certainly doesn't guarantee a drop, I'm starting to wonder if the QQTHs have some sort of "gimmick" as well.

So, for the lucky people who have managed to get the drop, do you remember any specifics about the kill?

- Do you remember how many laps the TH made between it's two endpoints before the kill?

- Do you remember if you managed to detonate any of its bombs?

When we were fighting the 3F and 4F TH's last night I noticed that it stopped, allowing the DD to beat the living daylights out of it but, the second I casted anything besides DoT (Drain if I remember correctly), it turned around and ran.

I'm sorry if this seems a bit outlandish but considering some of the pop conditions for other NMs in Salvage (ie: the spikes on the puddings to pop 2F rampart in Bhaflau or rushing to get to the Porrogo NM in Zhaylom) there might be some sort of trick to get the TH to start sharing some of the treasure.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Magos
    The fact that many people have gone 0/20, 0/30, even as much as 0/50+ on the THs, it's really starting to make me wonder whether or not there's any sort of drop condition for Macha's Coat. The Astorolgers, for exmaple, have to be killed before they get to the porter. While I know killing it before it warps certainly doesn't guarantee a drop, I'm starting to wonder if the QQTHs have some sort of "gimmick" as well.
    My group just got one, making us 1/34. I don't think there is a gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Magos
    Do you remember how many laps the TH made between it's two endpoints before the kill?

- Do you remember if you managed to detonate any of its bombs?

When we were fighting the 3F and 4F TH's last night I noticed that it stopped, allowing the DD to beat the living daylights out of it but, the second I casted anything besides DoT (Drain if I remember correctly), it turned around and ran.
    1) It lapped alot. It was on the 4th floor that it dropped so it went back and forth a few times.
    2) How do you detonate bombs? They just blow up on their own.
    3) No idea. He stops and goes whenever he wants.

I really think its just luck. We killed it a ton and never did anything different when it dropped.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    2) How do you detonate bombs? They just blow up on their own.
    Maybe it's like the Defusing the Thread assault? I haven't ever tried because I've always just been scrambling to kill that annoying bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong
    We had a mnk-heavy 18 person alliance and I think we pretty much killed everything except one wing on the first floor and whatever mobs we could avoid linking for the 4th floor chariot. We were going to split up into two runs but due to some folks needing stuff from Arrapago, we just all went there and it worked out nicely.

Edit:

btw, that chariot on the 5th floor that sometimes aggros and sometimes doesn't aggro'd me based on job abilities this time. I standing behind it with it passive until I did Sneak Attack. I haven't kept up with whether or not anyone figured out its aggro mechanics around here... perhaps that was just one of the random ways it can aggro.

There are still 2 QQTH in the .dats unaccounted for, on the 6th floor. It's possible that the drop-rate is lower simply because people are supposed to be killing twice as many as we presently are.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Is it possible to kill the side-room ramparts on the 6th floor before they summon? Did a couple arrapago runs tonight and were kinda kicking around the idea that might be a way to pop the unnaccounted for QQs. Or maybe killing them at the same time?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I'm starting to believe the QQTHs aren't poppable.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Last night we went in with 7: Sam Nin Mnk Thf Blm Whm Rdm and did this zone. We farmed first floor for 35 minutes until we were happy with the cells we got (Just needed a few more HP cells, but we warped regardless).

Second floor we fought the Lamias and some Skeletons, but didn't clear the whole room before heading onto Qiqirn Astrologer. He warped at 76% (Glitched on the porter, and we couldn't run up to him quick enough :<).

Third floor we cleared all off the first 3 room leading to the long rectangular room to the south. Psycheflayers troubled us a little, but not too much. Whm and Thf ran to the Qiqirn Treaure Hunter, tagged him, and tag back to the main group waiting at the start of the rectangular room. With just 7 people, we managed to follow it back to the center of the zone where you port up, and then killed it on the first set of stairs you climb: No drop.

Porter to fourth floor, and just went all out on this QQTH. It walked once and once only to the port up stand, and then back to it's pop room, before we owned it, and drop: Yey! Making myself 3/3 on Morrigan's Robe item.

We ported up, killed 5 Gears (UsukaneHead/AresLegs dropped), cured everyone to full health, then snuck behind the Rampart and killed Archaic Chariot. No drop. :<

With 4 minutes left, we rushed to the last QQA and I swear to you, it didn't move more than 10 paces before he got owned, died: Deimos cuirass dropped.

And the Thf was in his own party and got none of the Killshots. lolTH4Thf.

Either way, we are 1/4 QQTH and 2/2 QQA (Kill and drop, 2/6 otherwise including warps). We stayed away from Arrapago as much as possible before the update, but are going to spam it now to complete a lot of our LBC drops. I don't know if there is any trick to getting the Lv35 items to drop, I just know that we killed them extremely quickly even with a party of 7 people not geared fantastically. Coulda tried the boss. >.>!

terraflarex

0/38 QQTH ^_^
    Salvage became entirely way too easy with this patch, but they really needed to fix the overbias on monks somehow

Armored Chariot does, indeed, drop 2 pieces of armor now. :D

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g6...s/img_0168.jpg

AC is not impervious to Stun (no more than LBC), so between that and Flash your tanks are safe as can be.

Very easy and very boring boss. I'm actually a little disappointed with this one having already endured brain-scrambling lasers, giant rockets, and killer discs. But the number of members we had today was total overkill, so I guess fewer people would just mean more time for NMs on the way up and less on cells.

Quote Originally Posted by terraflarex
    0/38 QQTH ^_^
    Salvage became entirely way too easy with this patch, but they really needed to fix the overbias on monks somehow
    Hell, if you give an Incus to MNK here, it's like the Draugars never existed at all. \:D/

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

can anyone share their setup / quick run through of downing all NMs + boss...

as aemora posted, we had 7 members last night , nin mnk thf sam blm rdm whm ..... we managed to hit up 2xQQA(first one warped on us) 2xQQTH 1xChariot, and had 1minute left after the last QQA died

even with cutting back on some other stuff, i still find it difficult to clear the 6th floor to access the boss + have time to kill him
    =/

whats the minimum gear we should be shooting for, and time spent on each floor?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

This is how I setup my Arrapago Runs:
    MNK MNK BRD BRD RDM WHM
    THF MNK BLM RDM
    Anyone else is extra, and is last priority on any cells.
    For the initial cells, I used to give one weapon to myself (THF) and one to the mnk tanks (2mnk party), but for my next Arrapago run, I'm going to test out giving both mnk tanks weapons.

First Floor:
    S/I past the first set of Qutrubs, and go to the SW Wing. Kill the Lamia SMN then pull the Lamia Cor, then head to SE wing. Dip slightly to the NE Wing, far enough just to get the Lamia BRD, then go back SE and clear that entire path to the zone up.

Second Floor:
    Clear whatever room we spawn in, pulling both lamias first, then doing QQ Astrologer.

Third Floor:
    Head East/North (HP > Weapons), clear mobs that are in the way, all the way to the big hallway. Be sure to get Gespents too for VIT and Ring/Ear. Sneak past Bhoots, THF attempt to steal from QQ TH and port up. I've had shitty luck with this QQ TH, it always runs into all those fucking Bhoots, I've stopped caring about it.

Fourth Floor:
    Kill QQ TH. This ones better because it has a shorter distance on where it goes (Portal up -> Entrance -> Portal Up, etc). Devi Bhoot is useless, fuck the mask lol.

Fifth Floor:
    Kill whatever gears get in the way, head towards Archaic Chariot area. Inside AC room, clear both Archaic Gear(s) on the near side of the room, then clear the Rampart blocking the entrance to the zone up. Opening the door pops the AC, pull AC into portal room and kill it. I know I skip a QQ Astrologer on this floor with this strat :\

Sixth Floor:
    Clear the entire room, duh.

Seventh Floor:
    Boss

I used this exact strat last friday, did 2 QQ NM's, 1 AC and beat boss with about 5 minutes to spare.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast