+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Most sympathetic RPG villains

You ended up fighting him so I considered him a villain.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Many have said it, Kuja, but also Seymour from FFX was "ok" to me. :D

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Kuja, definitely.
    Man this thread has one hell of an echo.

Also: Vossler (FF12).

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The Turks.

Can't believe nobody's mentioned Seifer yet.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Seifer wasnt "sympathic" >_> He was arrogant and selfish since he is a kid. The final scene with him wasnt bad, but not enough to make him a sympathic villain imo.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Seifer is nothing like Kuja or Seymour as far as sympathy is concerned... he's just an ass.

raijin and fuujin were more sympathetic than seifer...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    raijin and fuujin were more sympathetic than seifer...
    All Seifer wanted was Squall's penis.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Too much FF.

Jowy Atreides.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa
    Too much FF.

Jowy Atreides.
    Well, the topic was called "most sympathetic FF villains" at first, that just recently changed on the second page!

In anycase, I'm ashamed I forgot Jowy, just thinking about it reminds me of how fantastic Suikoden 2 is. Adding to that, I'd put Sialeeds in there as well, only less sympathetic. And her unite with the hero doesn't even compare to Buddy Attack.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The organization from KH2... especially Axel.

I wouldn't say all the organisation, infact, the only people I felt sorry for were Axel (duh) and Demyx. Oh and Xigbar...kind of, he wasn't sympathetic but I was sad to see him go because he was pretty awesome.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well obviously you don't know the back story of most of them, but it seems like their goal was something that could be sympathized with, however the means by which they were trying to reach that goal were kind of lame and pathetic... then again this is Xehanort we're talking about, he doesn't know any different.

even in the backstories, most of them seemed pretty assholish anyway. They knew what was at stake and what was (vaguely gonna happen). I don't sympathize with the original 6, but the people afterwards I kinda do.

in general though I like the nobodies, but it's just the excution was gay

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Re: Most sympathetic FF villains

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya
    Ultimacia= no face
    I couldn't find a better picture of this, but she had two heads in the final form, and the bottom one had a face:

http://www.finaland.com/images/infor...timecia/19.jpg

Pretty sure it's what's left of alternate time-line rinoa or something(the bottom part), judging by the tattered blue clothing. Been a while since I played FFVIII.

Aside from what's already been mentioned, I would say Zalbag... Not sure if you would really qualify him as a villain, but he's about as much as one as Izlude/Miluda/etc. You fight and kill him as a zombie, after he had 'turned good', but he was the one who ordered Algus to kill Delita's sister, and was an antagonist of sorts for a while.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The only cool thing about her final form is Griever's wings.

And I still don't get the Rinoa>Ultimecia theory... can someone explain? lol..

Not really an RPG but I'll add it anyway.

Sniper Wolf from MGS, and The Boss (aka The Joy) from MGS3.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    The only cool thing about her final form is Griever's wings.

And I still don't get the Rinoa>Ultimecia theory... can someone explain? lol..
    It's a theory? I thought it was just part of the plot, lol <.< Almost everything hints at it, here's what I remember:

-The game makes a big deal out of Squall giving his Griever ring to Rinoa, and never getting it back. Ultimecia summons Griever against you, and junctions it.

-Rinoa and Squall say they will wait for each other in the field by Edea's house before the time compression thing. Ultimecia builds her castle above or next to Edea's house.

-Rinoa at one point says something like "I wish time would just stand still." to Squall, Ultimecia says something a long the lines of "Time will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on." when she's defeated.

-Ultimecia's face looks almost identical to Rinoa's in the CG scenes, except for the hair/eye color and the crazy make-up.

-The bottom section of Ultimecia's final form has a tattered form of Rinoa's blue dress thing.

When I played through the game, I figured Ultimecia was basically the future version of Rinoa in a time-line were Squall never returned after the time decompression. I guess it could also be just one looping time-line, and something happened to Squall after the events in the game, or Squall simply died before Rinoa, since sorceresses in FFVIII seemed to have very long lifespans. Someone in the game (Edea I think?) mentions that a sorceress needs a knight to retain their sanity, which hinted to me that, if Rinoa lost Squall, she could potentially go nuts like Adel. I would imagine Ultimecia had originally wanted to achieve time compression to be with Squall, after he died/disappeared/whatever but lost sight of that as she lost her humanity.

She could have lost her memories of Squall and others from junctioning GFs, like how Squall and co. lost their memories of the orphanage and each other. I think if you scanned the bosses in Ultimecia's castle, it says they used to be her GFs or something, plus Greiver.

I havn't played FFVIII in a long time, so I'm probably missing a lot of stuff. I don't know of Ultimecia was really intended to be Rinoa, or if it's just a lot of coincidences, but that's how I perceived it. Sorry for derail.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

But Rinoa fights Ultimecia... and why would there be multiple timelines?

And at the end it shows Squall waking up, meaning that he didn't die after the time compression, although I never understood that scene where Rinoa finds him and everything lights up and he wakes up... and at the end credits with the wedding/whatever it is, it shows squall and rinoa out on the balcony at the end, so they're both back and together.

I guess I just don't get it heh... or it's because I haven't played FF8 in such a long time.

EDIT: Also, I thought time compression brought past present and future together... if that's the case, how is it that Rinoa and Ultimecia can stand next to each other, let alone try to kill each other in the final battle?