+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Issues with Power Supply     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Issues with Power Supply

Okay, so I just finished building and installing my new computer. However, I keep getting randomly rebooted, and it's kinda annoying. My motherboard comes with a program that monitors Fan speeds, voltage, CPU/MOBO temps, etc. The only warning that I'm getting is my Power Supply Fan is running too fast, I guess (919 rpm). I'm not sure if this is causing the reboots or not, but I really need to find out before I go nuts. If anyone can give me any help, it would be greatly appreciated.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Re: Issues with Power Supply

Ummmmm, ok... I think the problem was with Kaspersky Internet Security. I tried running a system scan with it, and immediately got a Physical Memory Dump Error. So I repaired the installation, and it hasn't crashed again yet. *knock on wood* I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed, but if anyone has heard of anything like this happening, please let me know. Thanks.

Re: Issues with Power Supply

fan speeds running too SLOW would cause your system to lock up and reboot, as the CPU would overheat. There's no such thing as too fast until the fan spins so fast that it flies off of the chassis and causes a fire.