Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    A. Body
    BG Level

Even MORE people in Whitegate? tf?

The most recent update allowed the Lure of the Wildcat quest givers to port you to Whitegate for 300g, allowing you to place your HP in any of the 3 nations and still access the East easily.

I changed my HP to my home nation of Bastok almost immediately, lower Outpost prices combined with the usual modes of transportation allow me to go anywhere rather quickly.
    I have noticed the average population of Bastok steadily rise over the past few days to more than double and then three times the original.
    However, I also noticed something unexpected; the average Whitegate population also began to rise.
    I realize it's the weekend and the update has probably brought back many players who had taken a break from the game, so this all could go away by next week, but I saw my server's Whitegate hit 680 when the average is about 450 at peak times, 500ish at the most.
    The only time I see numbers greater than that is at Beseiged.

If people hate Whitegate lag so much, why don't they take advantage of the new additions?
    If they have to be in the East, why can't more of them screw around in Al Zahbi? They can camp AH, listen to shouts, and loiter just as easily there.
    Is this happening on any other server?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Re: Even MORE people in Whitegate? tf?

As you say, a lot of people may be tempted back from the update, and that may help population growth in that area.

Too bad though a lot of people seem to be content with staying in Whitegate, even though SE are dangling other areas in front of players.

On Fenrir at the moment there are 569 people in Whitegate, not too sure if this is higher or lower than average, but I have been seeing a few more people in Windurst as of late, and even Bazaar mules sitting around Ibwam, so at least some people are taking advantage of whats there 8)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misa Amane
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I myself moved back to Bastok seeing that I only go to Whitegate if I want to xp or do assaults. I have noticed a slight increase in the amount of people there as well on Cerberus. It's still extremely laggy. Perhaps people are turned off from setting their HP in the three basic cities because you actually have to complete the "Lure of the Wildcat" quest for your character to be flagged for the Aht Urghan warp. If that's the case it's pure laziness keeping people in Whitegate.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

I actually set my alt. char's (taru BLM) HP in Bastok for a dynamis, but then I got the idea of setting it in Sandy (since I need to go to Sandy more often than Bastok on that character). If I need to Whitegate, I'll Warp to Sandy and use the Whitegate NPC, and if I need to my home nation Windy, I'll Warp > Sandy > Whitegate > Windy.

Maybe a little inconvenient, but I got more than enough IS to keep up the silver coins. :D

Old Merits
    BG Level

Since the last update, I don't know why, but it seems a lot of people are coming back. My LS had people come back who were gone months, or even years. Heck, a level 60 monk who quit 3 years ago choose this weekend to come back.

I thought this update was cool, I didn't think it was THAT spectacular.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

A quick to avoid lag in Whitegate is always be in Al Zahbi. Honestly, my LS members whine and complain about switching in Whitegate MH. I just move to Al Zahbi, quick job and equips swap and I'm good to go.

Just recently, I put my HP @ Bastok. I'm loving every second of it. OPs are cheap, I have a warp person nearby. Can't be any better. Only problem is that the Whitegate warp person is in Port Bastok. I mean who the fuck ever goes to Port Bastok?

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Khalil
    A quick to avoid lag in Whitegate is always be in Al Zahbi. Honestly, my LS members whine and complain about switching in Whitegate MH. I just move to Al Zahbi, quick job and equips swap and I'm good to go.

Just recently, I put my HP @ Bastok. I'm loving every second of it. OPs are cheap, I have a warp person nearby. Can't be any better. Only problem is that the Whitegate warp person is in Port Bastok. I mean who the fuck ever goes to Port Bastok?
    Cheaper to put shit on Al Zahbi AH too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ohemgee
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalil

Cheaper to put shit on Al Zahbi AH too.
    Even cheaper than that in Tavnazian Safehold.

But I am loving my Bastok Mog House. I missed being lag free so much.

My Home nation is Sandy. I set my HP in Windy since I'm currently trying to cap clothcraft sub. I've noticed that there are more mules in whitegate. Perhaps this is the reason why there's more people.

Something I noticed was that, most of the time, I end up in Whitegate after I finish doing whatever I was doing (Salvage, Assaults, Merits). Maybe half of the time since I set my HP in San d'Oria do I actually end up warping back there.

/shrug

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

youre also talking about people who refuse to use the pay warp taru because it costs a silver piece, which can be sold for more than a teleport from a WHM. it took me a bit to move to the homenation just because i was forgetting to, then once i warped be like "shit i meant to set hp in sandy, oh well ill do it tomorrow /shutdown"

give it some time

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also, those quests to get the warp to whitegate take about an hour of running around the city in some cases (Windurst, I'm looking at you). I did it way back in the day when they where released before the expansion, but having to redo it on a new alt of mine was annoying as all hell.

Never really took notice on Kujata, seems like roughly the same amount of people are in Whitegate as before.
    Anyways, as soon as the new warp was added I had my HP out of Iraq immediately lol. Enjoying not having to spend 100-300 IS a day on silver pieces to get to Windy for OP warps. Lure of the Wildcat takes no more than 10-15 minutes to complete and its really worth the time it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila
    Also, those quests to get the warp to whitegate take about an hour of running around the city in some cases (Windurst, I'm looking at you). I did it way back in the day when they where released before the expansion, but having to redo it on a new alt of mine was annoying as all hell.
    Someone doesn't know their Warp Tarus in Windurst, then. Basically:

From the quest starter, do the loop around Windurst Woods, ending at the Teleport Wizard for Windurst Waters. Warp to Waters. Do Waters north-to-south, taking the exit into Port Windurst (near the Regional Teleporter). Go to the Teleport Wizard at the top of the Orastery. Warp to Windurst Walls. Do the loop around Walls, then warp back to Port Windurst. Hit the remaining NPC's for badge flashes on the way back to Windurst Woods, walk up to the quest NPC shortly after the zone-in to Woods. Done.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth
    Someone doesn't know their Warp Tarus in Windurst, then. Basically:
    Grrr, a city should not be so big that it requires warping to get around in it.

One of our more common arguments on LS.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by LD
    If they have to be in the East, why can't more of them screw around in Al Zahbi? They can camp AH, listen to shouts, and loiter just as easily there.
    Is this happening on any other server?
    Yes because there arent enough lv 20 jobs in beseiged, we need even more afkers. Maybe when SE pops up a little dialog box at the beginning of beseiged saying "Do you want to participate in beseiged" Yes/No - If no anster after 30 sec you get booted from the zone. Till then stay the fuck out of the zone if you are afk.

A. Body
    BG Level

Even if the bulk of the people who idle in Al Zahbi were crap levels and idlers, that still only accounts for about 5% of a full Beseiged.
    The problem is people coming IN, not those who are already there.
    People intentionally come to Beseiged to get free exp and skill ups, I find that's more of a problem than people who idle there.

Furthermore, unless it's right after a maint, Beseiged happens once a day at the most, 2 days is about the average.
    Frankly, creating a better area balance for the time between them is more important than some free IS.

Also, you're from fucking Lakshmi, what the Hell do YOU have to complain about?