+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Video Card Question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Video Card Question

OK! So I got everything figured out. All I need to know is if my computer can run this video card before I buy it:

EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card

I have a 650W power supply. If you want to see my other specs, they're in my previous post in this forum.

Thank you!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Re: Video Card Question

Does your Motherboard support PCI Express?
    Does your case fit that video card?

The powersupply should be able to handle it. More or less the other 2 will determine if you can actually run it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yes, and yes.

Motherboard ( Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe nForce 590-SLI MCP Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Dual Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394 Dual PCI-E MB )

Yes that vid card is compatible with your mobo.

i just ordered that video card, and the guy i talked to said that it draws about 400w itself, but said that the 750w PS i got was more than enough to handle everything, so in that respect you should be fine.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

in my experience, ATI cards play FFXI better than NVIDIA.. but for other games not always the case. what i mean by better is, higher frame rates with a large number of ppl on the screen and just all around smoother graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpeg
    in my experience, ATI cards play FFXI better than NVIDIA.. but for other games not always the case. what i mean by better is, higher frame rates with a large number of ppl on the screen and just all around smoother graphics.
    All depends on the way your rig is set up. I use nVidia(only 1 card for FFXI, SLI for rest of my games), and my FPS is always 28.8+. The 8800 nvidias are nice cards if you can get them setup properly.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well I hope it works, because I just spent about $600 almost between ordering it and rushing it (I'm impatient, and it was only $20 >.>)

Thanks for all your help everyone.

By the way, Verta, what am I talking about in that quote of yours? I can't remember, lol but it sure does sound like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Well I hope it works, because I just spent about $600 almost between ordering it and rushing it (I'm impatient, and it was only $20 >.>)

Thanks for all your help everyone.

By the way, Verta, what am I talking about in that quote of yours? I can't remember, lol but it sure does sound like me.
    I think it was from a post about south park that got turned into another what color is the adaberk and you must've been PMS'ing because you threw that quote out of no where.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I don't think it was South Park... I like that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    I don't think it was South Park... I like that show.
    I don't remember what show it was tbh. For some reason South park was in my head.