Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Walahra Turban Vs. Homam Zuccheto for Blu's TPing

I'm having a hard time deciding, but wanted to ask this and see what peopel thought. I'm sure it will probably be answered fairly quickly.

The MP and HP amount on both items isn't my concern, but my main question which do ppl think is better for a Blu in TP form?
    Turban is Haste+5
    Homam head is Haste+3, Acc+4 Mag acc+4

Do you think the Haste+2 is worth giving up the Acc+4?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re: Walahra Turban Vs. Homam Zuccheto for Blu's TPing

You could equip two blitz rings to make up for the lost.

I think 2%haste would be slightly better than 4acc. Normally, 2% haste increase your damage slightly more than 2% if you are attacking non stop (which is usually what happen in xp party with decent puller). On the other hand, 4acc would increase your overall accuracy by 1-2% which increase your overall damage proportionally. Is 4m.acc going to do anything noticeable for blu, I've no idea, but I dont think it will in xp party. Keep in mind haste is going to cut down recast for the spell too (utsu, and w/e you are using on blu)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You get more mp/hp with turban too no?
    Blitz Ring was Rare too... so only one can be equiped :\
    Back in the noobie days I used to use one for my Greataxe setup ^^;

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

TP'ing = haste > accuracy > att > str/dex

To me, it doesn't matter what job your playing, gaining TP is universal.

To answer specifically, W. Turban is best for TP gain. You have many slots that you can add accuracy if you need it.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

You should be eating sushi anyways so, W.Turban.

My Acc is pretty solid on Imps, the only thing I really fight on BLU, and I don't bother switching out my Rajas/Flame during TP mode. If I had windower I probably would though. Sushi is more then enough Acc for Imps and such.

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

I tend to use Homam head for BLU when i'm soloing Imps. I rarely end up on BLU in a normal XP PT, if so, i'd maybe end up using W.Turban instead. My main concern with Homam head is the M.Acc +4: Does this in some way help the stun effect on Head Butt proc? For a certainity, more Blue Magic Skill = stun procs more on Head Butt, I could see this easily once I got to merit Blue Magic Skill (not talking about using it on Imps, even w/o merits, it stuns like 90%+ of the time ), but for example, during Proto-Ultima, even if Physical Shield is up, and Head Butt lands for 0 damage, the Stun effect from Head Butt will still get through, which makes me wonder if +4 M.Acc is equivalent maybe to 2 or 3 Blue Magic Skill, as far as spells actually proc'ing.

Also, Zuchetto saves you space of bringing either Turban or O.Hat, if you're THAT tight up on inventory. O.Hat always comes with me if i'm going somewhere with evasive Mamools.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Repairs
    TP'ing = haste > accuracy > att > str/dex

To me, it doesn't matter what job your playing, gaining TP is universal.

To answer specifically, W. Turban is best for TP gain. You have many slots that you can add accuracy if you need it.

(Head) All Races DEF: 28 STR +4 Accuracy +7 Evasion -7 Haste +4%
    is better than 5% haste.

Increasing your accuracy also increase your tp gain/dmg as much as haste gear. 1% haste is just as good as ~3accuracy.

Banned.

BG Level

is that Ace's Helm?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    is that Ace's Helm?
    yes, and the quote specifically mentions "it doesn't matter what job your playing".

Banned.

BG Level

i wasnt going for a cheap shot though :D. Was not sure if Ace can be used by BLU, and lazy to look in somepage.

Quote Originally Posted by Judai

I kinda stopped eating Sushi lately :-
    I've been eating Courl Subs and experimenting with attk foods. Though If I fight HNM or other hard bosses I use Sushi.

I don't solo imps really, I just merit in parties.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalJustice

I've been eating Courl Subs and experimenting with attk foods. Though If I fight HNM or other hard bosses I use Sushi.

you're aware that attack doesnt factor into blue magic damage correct?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    is that Ace's Helm?
    It is, and it's not BLU equipable...but people said that already. I just wanted to point a situation where "haste" is not the #1 factor for TP'ing. Could have simply used Blitz ring as an example tho >_>

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I think the ultimate problem here is that Homam doesn't provide a LOT of acc... and 2% haste can make a difference.

I would say, if you go with haste build otherwise, stick to turban. If you don't really have any haste, than might wanna use Homam over Walahra anyway. More haste stacked, greater the effect after all.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalJustice

you're aware that attack doesnt factor into blue magic damage correct?
    I'm sure he is, but there are plenty of situations where a blu doesn't need sushi. For example; azouph (sp?) staging point merit pt, any other merit pt where brd is singing madrigal, like greater colibri, a good portion of limbus, farming sea/sky, etc. Coeurl subs are what I primarily use when I don't need the acc.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Tulun
    I think the ultimate problem here is that Homam doesn't provide a LOT of acc... and 2% haste can make a difference.

I would say, if you go with haste build otherwise, stick to turban. If you don't really have any haste, than might wanna use Homam over Walahra anyway. More haste stacked, greater the effect after all.
    I've said a post above that turban win in this case damage wise, and I'm pretty sure about that. Turban vs Homam all come down to "2% bonus on recast, slightly more dmg, 8hp/8mp" vs "4acc/m.acc (both matter for spell?), 22def". The damage difference is most likely around 1% in this case

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Voyager Sallet pwns for most Physical Spells, if people are serious about BLU they should look into getting it. Personally, I used to use Homam for Head Butt because I though hey, +3% Haste, +4Acc and +4M.Acc would be sweet compared to O.Hat. Now I could be wrong and I didn't parse anything but after having used both O.Hat and Homam I do not think the M.Acc affects Physical spells. I seemed to miss alot more Head Butts with Homam then I do with O.Hat.

BLU is so different then normal melee and each person can be very different in their play style, so you need to decide what works best for you.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

My melee damage isn't pathetic, I still can't imagine ever using meat on BLU though. I mean, in theory, I could get away with it at times, but I just don't see the point. With as inaccurate as Disseverment is, why would I want to risk missing hits when it's my main damage dealer, so that my sword damage goes up some. I just don't see the point.

Then again, with my spell setup I have accuracy bonus, I use homam, and I have otherwise excellent accuracy. It just doesn't seem like a good idea to risk gimping WS damage to increase my average melee damage.

Thoughts?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

My BLU is only 50, however isn't BLU Spell Damage 'not' directly affected by your attack power? I believe most of those spells have accuracy & stat mods, if so then why bump the sword damage up when your main sources of damage will be gimped. Last time I looked, BLU wasn't an obscene sword DD. =/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulun

I've said a post above that turban win in this case damage wise, and I'm pretty sure about that. Turban vs Homam all come down to "2% bonus on recast, slightly more dmg, 8hp/8mp" vs "4acc/m.acc (both matter for spell?), 22def". The damage difference is most likely around 1% in this case
    The player's goal seems to be to build TP most quickly. So, which is better? Walahra if his acc is high, Homam if his acc is low (or possibly even O-hat). A lot of the extras on Homam head are irrelevant for TP build alone.

For the spells themselves, blus should be macroing in pieces to maximize the spells damage. So, certain things like macc for spells is moot: is Homam head really the best head for spells like Disserverment, Frenetic Rip, Hysteric Barrage, Vertical Cleave? (I've seen some sexy blu/thf Cleaves >.>). Walahra should be macroed out for certain.
    A blu I know well even had a full MND set for when he throws out Magic hammer on imps (for example)... 57+58 mnd vs 57 mnd...

If a bunch of macros for the various spells is a pain (tbh, BLU seems to have it pretty bad), a mixed piece like Homam head might be your cup of tea.