+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Diablo II     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Diablo II

So I just started playing Diablo II again for the first time in years

I started with vanilla LoD for a while to get used to things again but eventually went looking around for something different to play, since I've always liked playing D2 mods. Spent some time on a few decent ones, but eventually found this, which is basically a mod of a mod. The guy who made it took an old, really pouplar mod called Eastern Sun(which already made a shitlaod of changes to LoD) and added an enormous amount of content to it, to the point where you could call it a complete mod on top of the old mod.

I was just playing it for lack of anything to do at the time, but damn, this mod really got me back into D2 again, to the point where I don't even think I can go back to vanilla LoD anymore . If I had to make a comparison, I guess I could say it would be to D2 somewhat on the same level as that OOO mod is to Oblivion, to the point where even though you're still playing the same game as before, the amount of changes makes you play it in a completly different way. If anyone still plays D2 around here I definetly recommed giving this mod a try, the guy who made it is still updating it about once or twice every month. Last patch was june 3rd, I think.

Anyways, does anybody else still play D2 at all (modded or not)?

>:3
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Diablo II

I will never be able to let Diablo 2 go. It is like trying to kick crack (as I would surely know?) I too found Ancestral Recall, <3 Tsuru.

What character are you making?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I don't know why my D2 screenshots keep coming out so dark, but:
    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...eenshot006.jpg
    is what I'm playing right now :D

Almost purely a cold sorc, but I still keep Lightning Inferno+Mastery as one point wonder skills to take out the worst cold immunes. I can break immunity on most regular cold immune mobs in Hell with Lower Resist, Conviction and about -100% to Enemy Cold Resist from gear/chilling armor all stacked together, but every now and then an annoying unique mob will pop with cold resist, cold immune, magic resist and spectral hit or something like that all stacked together and I just can't break the resistance enough to do any damage

I want to try making a Barbarian later, since I really like what tsuru did with the passive Barb skills and the 'Barb only' gear. I've also slowly been using her to try to put together some gear for him(I've been trying to reroll a rare ring with +16 to Might but no luck so far after several dozen tries ...highest I got so far was like +3), although I'm not sure yet what kind of Barb I want to use. Definetly not concentrate, since that along with Iaigiri Assassins is what everyone and their mom plays, but I'm not sure what I'd choose other than that

I've been playing regular LoD for a little bit, trying to recreate the minion Necro I had before. He's in the 40's now and just finished Act 1 Hell. The one I had before was 83 and could solo pretty much everything, although the Arcane Sanctuary and Maggot Lair gave me trouble just because of how the AI of my merc and minions worked in the narrow passages.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

i played a couple months ago.
    had a hammerdin at 95, smite pally at 91, and a crappy bowzon at 85.
    hammerdin for baal runs/HR runs.
    smite for the torch runs (or something)

but i botted. and got banned
    rofl. guess i deserved it.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Superior but it still sucked.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

nice jamella edit

you haxxor you

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Bartylby
    nice jamella edit

you haxxor you
    Thanks. I reinstalled a few months back to mess around with that oh man I made some fucking up stats and gears, I wished I took ss's of them. Back when I used to play D2/LoD a lot open multiplayer was unbelievable on the drops

Relic Shield
    BG Level

least it's on open...

i remember the ole days(re: years) of 1.09 on realm. 4 socket arkaine valor with +1 all skill jewels. those orb sorc rings. all the other crap filling the servers lol.

>:3
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Kaelan, if it is hefty Oskill might you are looking for try gambling/rerolling high Ilvl normal class gloves. I got +12 might on some gloves in only 4 or so gambles with a 90+ character. Since it will be on a (preferably) low lvl glove there will be plenty of room for some tasty D-stoning too.

Back before Tsuru fixed +ED% on armor I was making some gloves for my amazon, I ended up with +12 might glove with something like +200 or so ED and a decent amound of deadly strike.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...lan_/Ring1.png

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...lan_/Ring2.png

I found these so far, which are good, but still not a perfect 16. I'm probably gonna try a few more times and just settle for these if I can't get higher mods to pop. You're right about the gloves though, I was planning on getting some with these kinds of mods too, just haven't gotten around to doing that yet since I'm spending everything on rolling rings right now

Although I haven't gotten a perfect Might ring yet, I did manage to find this, which I can pretty much serve as endgame gear if I ever make a Necro:
    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1..._/BLM_Ring.png
    The two +3 Random skill mods were kind of a surprise to have landed on exactly Vampire+Mastery, so I went ahead and skill forged it before I put it away. I figure I'll be using it eventually(it's gonna be hard to resist leveling a Necro asap after finding that ), so might as well leave it ready now

My two favorite builds ever in this game was a frost/nova sorc cause i could rush someone from act 1 norm to the end of hell in about 30 minutes or less if they weren't retarded.

And for just playing i don't think anything can beat a wolf druid with a shael'd buriza equiped. (pre 1.10 patch was last time i played)

a wolf druid with all their attack bonus' and attack speed bonus' with a buriza equipped does about 8 hits per second, give him some hp drain gear and he's absolutely unstoppable. When i played seriously i had it equipped with a 200% buriza, an 8/8 gaze and some gloves i made that were 3/3 mana/hp steal and any other dueling gear, and i'd never lose, and could beat the game at level 42 or whatever level you can equip the buriza and the gaze.

Good thing about equipping bows on the druid in wolf form, is that you never need bolts or arrows, just keep it equipped and you get the attack bonus', so like 300 dmg + 192 cold dmg at 8 hits/sec is pure death for anything in that game.

Maybe i'll play it again when i finish building my new PC. Is there anyway to still just play it at an old patch version, and not update to the shitty 1.11 patch or whatever it's at now?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Only if you get an older patch and stick to single player or TCP/IP play. If you use battle.net, you gotta update

I figured, the 1.10 patch effectively killed this game. 1.09b rocked. They could've elimiated all the 'Ith" and "Eth" weapons without destroying the game like they did.

I remember having a BOTD Eth Thunder Maul, 160/60IASa couple 451's, 7 i think and a 120/45IAS for my druid damn that was the fastest cows ive ever done

In 1.09B I had a fireball/hydra sorc that could rarely be beat (unless of course they were gay and used fire absorb)

in 1.10 I had an amazing Lightning sorc that I swear lost a handful of duels to anyone... they would try to use lightning absorb but I had some kind of runeword... was a shitty melee runeword but It gave like... 1 to all skills and -40something to lightning resistance... then I had a bunch of other gear that I would put lightning rainbow facets in armor.. like 4 socket monarch with all facets and I had 10x light skill charms... was unbelievable. I think my lightning damage was at 6-62k dmg with -100ish to lightning resist.

god I miss D2..... remember doing meph/baal runs till 7am

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just like wow, here's a skill tree
    http://www.d2items.com/skills.php

Relic Shield
    BG Level

damn you for getting diablo's hooks back into me. this mod is funnnnnn