+ Reply to Thread
    Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Small Question About Shining Force III

I lost touch with the ROM community some time ago, but I'd imagine quite a few people here are still quite active in it.

So my question is simple, did they ever release a translated version of this ROM (Episodes 1 2 and 3 at the minimum) that didn't require sacrificing a cat on a certian moon phase, while chanting the proper incantations to play?

(If you ever tried to play roms for a sega saturn 5 years or so ago, you will know what I'm talking about)

Thanks much.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: Small Question About Shining Force III

No there was word of one but i don't think anything ever came of it, only part 1 was released in the English Language shame because i liked the series a lot before it got messed up.

Close as you can get is here : http://www.celestialdamnation.com/jumesyn/

New Merits
    BG Level

I played through all the scenarios; 2 and 3 really aren't that bad if you make it through 1, as you have a decent idea of what's happening (until certain people show up in the 3rd one, but you can just look that shit up).

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I tried to find a cop of both discs 2 and 3 with no luck. It is a shame because I really enjoyed the first one since it reminded me so much of Shining Force 1 & 2. Now they release complete crap under the Shining Force name. It's kind of sad.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BrillCS
    I tried to find a cop of both discs 2 and 3 with no luck. It is a shame because I really enjoyed the first one since it reminded me so much of Shining Force 1 & 2. Now they release complete crap under the Shining Force name. It's kind of sad.
    Really? Scenario 2 is pretty fucking rare, but 3 isn't at all; I'm surprised you couldn't at least find a copy of 3 D:.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I have all 4 Discs of Shining Force III being 1 2 3 & the Premium Disc which was released in japan only.

Part 1 was sadly the only known offical translated version of the game which sucked because the story was that fucking good and the gameplay is still awesome even now.

The Premium Disc is just the icing on the cake and if you have a chance to locate it, get it.

Shining Force III deserved way better then it got.

Fuck SoA for not finishing it.

~S N K

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by EssEnnKay
    I have all 4 Discs of Shining Force III being 1 2 3 & the Premium Disc which was released in japan only.

Part 1 was sadly the only known offical translated version of the game which sucked because the story was that fucking good and the gameplay is still awesome even now.

The Premium Disc is just the icing on the cake and if you have a chance to locate it, get it.

Shining Force III deserved way better then it got.

Fuck SoA for not finishing it.

~S N K
    4rly, they're easily some of the best games I've ever played (by they I mean the individual scenarios).

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Heh.. Pity.. I really woulda thought that it would have been fan translated now.

T_T

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyraravenlocke
    Heh.. Pity.. I really woulda thought that it would have been fan translated now.

T_T
    You can seriously figure out just about all of scenario 2 and a good deal of scenario 3 if you've played the first one in le Engrish; since 1 and 2 run parallel, you already know a good deal of what's happening, and 3 makes sense until the (SPOILERS KINDA) Rainbloods show up.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

can anyone tell me whats a good emu for the saturn?