Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fish ranking question.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fish ranking question.

I turned in a whopper of a Giant Catfish this week (Bahamut) and the contest ends fairly soon. Everything I have read says that I have to claim my prize while the winners are being announced, but I don't see anything about how long the announcement is.
    Like is it a 24hr announcement? Or is it like the hour after the contest ends exactly? Just says you have to be prompt, but being prompt is so relative in FFXI...
    Help! I want to have a shot at a Pelican ring

Re: Fish ranking question.

Announcement ( period where you can view conquest results AND get your price) lasts easily 15 days in RL
    Plenty of time

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You know, I think there might be a bug in there somewhere. Last time I checked the ranking NPC, the duration she told me for the contest in minutes was actually RL hours. Whatever, ranking contests last a long time, as does the period when you can claim your reward.

Btw, anyone know if the same fish is up for ranking on Midgard? I've got a couple of big catfish on a mule somewhere, like 550-600Pz, and I've been waiting to submit them for ranking for weeks.

Thanks. ^^

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hope the next patch has more Fish Ranking in it

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Every time I turn in what I think will get me in top 20 I end up being somewhere 100-150's.

JP's on carby (particularly rich ones), always seem to go all out on this and some of the same have won repeatedly(or at least placed in the prize area).

I just want a ring ; ; but the closest I've ever gotten was in the 50's

<SE1> hmmm... let's make a fish ranking system. that should help make fishing fun after we've nerfed NPC prices and there's nothing worth fishing up for gil anymore.
    <SE2> that sounds interesting, but what should we make the prize? a fishing trophy? maybe a title?
    <SE1> let's make it a ring that helps you skill fishing!
    <SE2> but wouldn't the 100 fishers be at an advantage to win that? what good is skilling at 100?
    <SE1> exactly!
    <SE2> AHHHH! i like the way you think! now what was that you were saying about seer's gear on pup?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe in Wings of the Goddess you get to go back in time so you can have more time to get a better Fish Ranking. That would be the best expansion ever, someone should put this in the SE suggestions thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightjade
    Btw, anyone know if the same fish is up for ranking on Midgard? I've got a couple of big catfish on a mule somewhere, like 550-600Pz, and I've been waiting to submit them for ranking for weeks.

Thanks. ^^
    Thanks for the response, I'll be home a couple hours after it ends and now I won't worry so much.

I've spent a few days fishing these and the average Catfish I get is 350-550, with a rare one in the 580-600 range. (Its combine size and weight, largest wins, so just add them together for points), the one I turned in was 628 combined. I can't find a catfish to break the 600 combined mark again.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    I hope the next patch has more Fish Ranking in it
    I hope SE fixes fishing, period. Tired of fish bots running the price of fish.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Yeah they should make it so that you have to move the rod around to fish instead of just pressing enter.

Banned.

BG Level

Let's save it Update Complaints for the main forum shall we? Dude is just asking a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio
    <SE1> hmmm... let's make a fish ranking system. that should help make fishing fun after we've nerfed NPC prices and there's nothing worth fishing up for gil anymore.
    <SE2> that sounds interesting, but what should we make the prize? a fishing trophy? maybe a title?
    <SE1> let's make it a ring that helps you skill fishing!
    <SE2> but wouldn't the 100 fishers be at an advantage to win that? what good is skilling at 100?
    <SE1> exactly!
    <SE2> AHHHH! i like the way you think! now what was that you were saying about seer's gear on pup?
    My thinking was along the lines of, lets put a real specific item in the game that can only help very few, and then we'll make sure a huge time 20+ real life days, then make the window so small to redeem the prizes, 1 hour. So that players will grow old and/or forget. Thusly limiting the number even more...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

fish ranking: the pinnacle in usefulness

caught a 723pt one, good enough for 11th. :D