BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pahluwan Qalansuwa     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Pahluwan Qalansuwa

I've seen a few instances where people stated using this in their WS build for NIN and it working nicely for them.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences using this in WS build for THF? The main detractions I see are that there are a number of pieces out there for THF with DEX or AGI modifiers, which seem to be more beneficial for THF WS.

I think that Heca. Cap is probably the best WS headpiece for THF, but in the absence of that do any of the various headpieces with DEX or AGI boosts (Skadi, AF2, Emp. Pin, Dragon Cap, etc.) outperform Pahluwan Qalansuwa? Specifically in the case of multi-hit WS like Dancing Edge?

Appreciate first-hand insight anyone may have.

Re: Pahluwan Qalansuwa

I'm no THF but like you said I thought Dex and Agi is what you wanna go for. I don't really see how this piece would help Thf's WS.

Just my opinion though, don't quote me or anything.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Only reason I WS in this piece is because I work during my LS's sky raid and I have no hope for a D. Head. If you can't get a D. Head, it's not terrible. Although, it's only minimally different from WSing in O.Hat.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I would also think that Shura Kabuto would be better for NIN WS. It's a decent filler piece when you don't have something better is my guess.

New Merits
    BG Level

Hecatomb or relic bonnet are better damage, O.Hat/War+1 are better accuracy. I can't really picture the scenario where an in-between choice is ideal. There's nothing wrong with Pahluwan head, I'm sure you'd need a microscope to see any difference in total damage compared to O.Hat--but I can't really see it being reponsible for improving your damage either. In an average setup, O.Hat -> Pahlwan is basically trading ~1% hit rate for ~1% damage. Use whichever is in arm's reach.

It's the same issue as Homam Zucchetto: It's not a weak item, and will probably parse similar to whatever it's replacing, but there's no compelling reason to equip it since most people choose items for one particular bonus, and everything on Homam can be found in greater quantity elsewhere.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Honestly, the main advantage to Pahluwan Head is the fact that it doesn't rape your max HP as badly for WS gear swap. If there was no HP on Pahluwan or I used meat more, I'd probably be content with O.Hat.