Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

CPS3 (Street Fighter 3) Emulation

Surprised I didn't see a topic on this. It's been done, I just beat SF 3 and 2nd Impact. Third Strike isn't working yet, but JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Red Earth are. I can't wait for the final version.

http://nebula.emulatronia.com/downloadg ... ulator.zip

Emulator ^

I can post a link to the roms, but I want to see if it's against the rules or not. If it is you can PM me.

Here's a SS.

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2092/sfiii001gq0.png

BTW! Forgot the mention, before you play. Make a new folder called roms in the cps3emulator folder, and place the zips in there to play them. Enjoy!

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Re: CPS3 (Street Fighter 3) Emulation

CPS3 emulation? Nice.

Too bad my DC emulator takes care of all my arcade emulation needs. But its good to see we've finally got CPS3 down.

I'm still surprised Naomi has been so hard to crack.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

TBH not all of DC's are perfect. For instance JoJo's Bizarre adventure, the story mode is inferior to PS1's. Which just made it stand out overall. I agree though DC handles a huge lot of the fightan gaems.. and shootan.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

So, does this shit support netplay?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

finally someone post a topic on the cp3 news. I just can't wait to play warzard so i can put my code that i've gotten from the arcade like 10years ago or so into action.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Not yet, this is just a preview emulator. As fast as the Nebula team has been working I wouldn't be surprised if netplay was available by next month.

Edit: When it is available let's discuss in this same thread/make match ups or w/e.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Too bad I'm playing third strike on my ps3 right now. If I really wanted to go retro I'd boot up double impact or third strike on my dreamcast.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Too bad you won't be able to play online ever.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New! Six-Axis motion sensing for Street Fighter! Bundled with SF will be motion-sensing ankle braces for when you wanna spin-kick the shit out of your friend.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa
    Too bad anyone that actually is worth playing will be at tournaments/around for casual play.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

*Does Ken's taunt*

You gotta be kidding me. You act like the casual average gamer is going to be online on an emulator playing Third Strike. This is CPS3 being emulated, not XBOX Live.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Hey, if you want Netplay, pick up your favourite fighting game and a MAME emulator.

I get disgusted every time I play a V-ISM Dhalsim. Who would've thought he'd be so cheap?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Or, if you want to go even farther back, pick a game on the SNES, and use ZSNES/Zbattle.net.

It could potentially yield hours of Super Mario Kart/Street Fighter II/any other co-op games; maybe even a tourney o:

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa
    I think I forgot to mention the xbox copy I have floating around here with live support? what were you saying again?

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I also own the Xbox version and have 2 of the Capcom Street Fighter Anniversary Arcade sticks, but am I fully satisfied? No because I would rather play on Emulator online so I can play some friends who don't own an Xbox.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd like to state that you are a complete fool. I have no problems with Emulation or the legalities of it, I even code for an unnamed SNES emulator that is one of the two oldest, and in my biased opinion the better. You are simply a fool. What friends could you have to play against online, that could not come to your house? Even if you were not a fool, like I think you are, do you realize how much SFIII takes? Not i am not talking about hardware being able to run it here. We top player play the game by the fucking frames. The reason it fails on XBOX is the same reason it fails on the emulator. That .005 of a second lag fucks up many many players. I'll leave the technicalities alone and just go back to calling you an insipid fool.
    The emulator itself is ok or whatever, you would have won if you had just shut up, but christ? "I'd rather play on an emulator online." that line pushed my buttons and goaded me into thinking you a stupid fool.

[edit]

I take back all the name calling, and the anger, but you have not really made any kind of sense. Most people that play fighting games play for challenge, you'll find better challenge at your local tournaments and conventions. I guarantee it. You'll find better challenge sitting in your basement with your friends, I guaranfuckingtee it. Shop at the Mens Warehouse, you won't be disappointed. I guarantee it. If you do own these games irl, you'll play the emulator for a month before going back to your consoles.
    It's like telling me "I'd rather play secret of mana on an emulator online" when you would have a better time playing alone on your SNES and infinitely more if you had a friend over.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

A fool because of my preference of playing a game? That's a pretty infantile statement. I'm talking about friends that live across the world. I play with my real friends whenever I can, unfortunately not everyone has the time to get together like that anymore.

I have entered local competitions. They were damn fun, and me and my friends would go nights playing 3rd Strike, GG, Tekken, and other games. Like I said times obviously change, there are no more days like that, or local comps, unless you want to travel 5+ hours away to Los Angeles.

I thought the same thing about Guilty Gear XX Reloaded online. "What a bunch of crap, this won't even compare to the comps or friends" I was wrong though, dead wrong. It ended up being a lot funner and better than I had expected.

I'm just giving CPS3 Emulation a positive outlook. There is no point in berating it, these people are trying really hard to get this done and have done an admirable job. You obviously have different preferences but you are in now way justified to call me a fool because I have hope for it.

I love the console versions, and I do prefer having friends over playing online anyday. But I am obviously limited as of today, which is why I fully support this.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It'll be a lot harder to parry on the pc if there's a lag in between some frame. But all in all if this goes online, it's a win win situation no matter how you look at it.

Well maybe you won't get any chanting when ever yun activate his genei jin but i bet this will be a whole lot of fun. But if anyone wants a real competition over 3s, they'll most definitely head over to the local arcade.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I live in a small town.. the small town of all the small towns.

I don't even think our local arcade has SF3.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

If it makes you feel better, my local arcade has MvC2 and Third Strike and CvS2, and no one ever plays them