Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Soloing Arrapago Remnants QQTHs & QQAs

Well, found a way to solo QQTH tho it does use a slight "bending" of the rules to do, but by no means is it cheating. In case you don't know, you can enter any assault/salvage event solo simply by having the required number of people present and having everyone d/c, wait for red dots, then click to enter and you go in solo.

Since the update added the wonderful start chest it is now possible for a rdm or blm to go in and have weapon/magic/subjob/ability and some other nice stuff which means now they can go in and solo stuff. Seeing as how low the QQTH drop rate is, this makes it so you can have alot of extra chances at getting the drop.

3rd Floor QQTH

I've only attempted this once and it was a failure, but I'm sure its perfectly doable with a little practice.

Strat: Poison II -> run a few steps the way the QQTH run and cast Bio II then quickly run the opposite way so that he doesnt' decide to turn around and take hits at you. You should quickly toss up sneak/invis and start running behind him...but NOT TO CLOSE, this is how I died, he will turn around and attack you and doesn't let up too quickly so he could end up killing you, not to mention if he attacks you in one of the rooms w/ mobs you will get aggro. Now, you must follow close enough tho b/c bio II will wear just shortly after he reaches the port where you zoned in. Simply Poison II then Bio II following him a few steps you give you that extra couple secs to get to the other spot and S/I up again. Repeat to kill.

Notes: Rdm/Nin is probably required to do this, Bombs do cause dmg and he may attack you so /nin and cure and not to mention refresh is going to be needed.

Due to how quickly Bio wears off upon reaching his end points, you may want to use oils/powders simply to be able to follow him quickly enough after you stick dots.

I recommend doing the north one so you don't aggro Soulflayers while your running back and forth with DoTs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ago_Floor3.png

Strat: This guy is a piece of cake to solo. Same strat except I recommend Bio II->Poison II, then DO NOT FOLLOW, run to a far corner away from the direction he went. If you do this you will lose aggro and he will eventually come running back w/o aggro, I would recommend invising up so he doesn't aggro you when he comes running back in. repeat Dot to kill.... one odd thing I noticed is he would sometimes switch where he would stop and lose aggro so you need to sometimes switch the room your doing your DoTs in. In the room he pops in hide in the far NE corner, at the other port, hide in the west hallway; he did aggro me in the north one tho he ended up running away before he killed me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ago_Floor4.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...618_195051.png
    No drop unfortunately.

Re: Soloing Arrapago Remnants QQTHs

That's amazing, lol.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

When you use that DC trick to get in solo, does it cause those 5 people to waste 1500AP? Our group would love to get in with 4-5 sometimes >.<

Absolutely amazing stuff btw lol

In other news: Khroma ore prices have shot up another 50%!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The five people don't lose the AP...I use to that do for golden salvage and the two people never lose the tag.

LazyShell
    BG Level

I've tried it once for assaults, but I must have timed it wrong cuz they just go drawn into the assault when they logged on.

I always wait for everyone to red dot and then wait a few secs then hit to enter, has never drawn anyone in that way. No one loses thier permits then.

I hope by bringing this out maybe people can come up with better ways of doing this and maybe finding other NMs that can be soloed in there now.

I don't think anything else can be soloed. Bhoot / Soulflayer nowai, QQA would warp too fast. Archaic Chariot... yea, that can't be soloed.

In Silver Sea no matter if you take east or west you have to unlock the door before you can reach 2nd floor, so no on that. Possibly Hammerblow, but it would take a LONG ass time, might take the whole 100 minutes, especially since you'd have to pop him first which would be a huge pain.

In Zhayolm the only NM there is the Madame. 5F Madame definitely not because there's no kiting room. 4F Madame is probably soloable if you can figure out a way to pull it, but the AoEs are terrible and you would probably get owned by just 1 of htem.

In Bhaflau you'd have to deal with 5 things coming out at you at once, assuming you could even pop the rampart in the first place.

If any other NM i salvage is soloable, it's probably 4F Madame in zhayolm, provided you can figure out a way to pull it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It might be possible to solo QQA with a monk. I would try it if I could find 5 people to let me in the place solo, I was thinking of doing this.

Store TP on a mob before hand.
    Use Poison Pot.
    Beserk + Dodge + Focus > Asuran Fists > Wing > Asuran Fists > Hundred Fists

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The QQA 2F "Gltich" still can happen, although I don't know how you can force it to glitch - sometimes we do it but it's be pure luck. If anyone had a real solid method for glitching it 100% of the time, you could easily solo QQA 2F on any job because it just stands there.

I bet QQA would....but I wonder if you DoT and run away from it if it would still warp or maybe it would lose aggro... would be very cool if you could do him too, I'll try him next time I go on a solo run.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

DC trick still work? (or salvage only?)

I remember someone telling me they fixed it for assaults <.<

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Still WORKS for assaults iirc, just you'll still receive the amount of AP you would have if all the members were there, so not much of a reason to do so (unless an easy assault and you want more shots at ??? items)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

awesome stuff. we have alot of people requiring morrigans robes.. i'll definately bring their attention to this .. if they can get some drops would ease the load on main runs

terraflarex

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyl
    In other news: Khroma ore prices have shot up another 50%!
    lol...

Sounds like big alliance mining in Zhaolym is gonna happen lol

On topic though.

Very nice, how long it took?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    I don't think anything else can be soloed. Bhoot / Soulflayer nowai, QQA would warp too fast. Archaic Chariot... yea, that can't be soloed.
    Actually, I'd say the Bhoot is the only other one that could maybe be soloed. Gravity lands on it just fine, and it'll stop to cast a lot. So losing aggro shouldn't be an issue, nor should getting out of range. RDM/NIN would make it pretty easy since you wouldn't have to worry about ectosmash 1 shotting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sci
    Actually, I'd say the Bhoot is the only other one that could maybe be soloed. Gravity lands on it just fine, and it'll stop to cast a lot. So losing aggro shouldn't be an issue, nor should getting out of range. RDM/NIN would make it pretty easy since you wouldn't have to worry about ectosmash 1 shotting you.
    You can't outrun Perdition, even with gaiters.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You can't outrun Perdition, even with gaiters.
    Even when you're at range? If that's the case, then no feeding it any TP and it shouldn't use Perdition. Unless it's even more evil and has TP regen.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hell, I have the Robe and I'd give this a try.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast