Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

WS - Warrior and some random questions

I have some questions for WAR. I want to try to max my damage with my current settings and hopefully future gears I might obtain.

I am thinking I need more accuracy to get all 5 hits with rampage. The reason why I think I need accuracy is because lets say a parameter of 1000 being the max I can do, and 700 is the average damage on rampage.

Currently, these are my stats and gear for WS. I use sole sushi for merit pts.

Axe skill 285 - capped axe skill

Head - Sipahi Turban - I fail here.
    Body - Hecatomb Harness
    Hands - Hecatomb Mittens
    Legs - WAR AF2
    Feet - Hecatomb Leggings
    Ring1 - Raja
    Ring2 - Flame
    Waist - Potent belt
    Back - Amerent +1
    Earring1 - Fowling
    Earring2 - Bushinomimi
    Neck - Chivalrous Chain

Gears I lack at 75,

O. hat, hect. cap, PCC, Forger mantle.

Obtaining a hect. cap from Fafnir will be very difficult for me, everything else is within grasp, just need more funds.

Is there anything I need focus on getting?

Re: WS - Warrior and some random questions

I'm not a war, but I would suggest Byakko's Haidate, Brutal Earring, and Warwolf Belt just to start. I'm sure there are other things that might hellp, but I'm just a mage and an lolBst.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I have those, but those are my TP gear. I am focusing on WS onry.

Warwolf belt is 5 STR while potent belt is 3 STR but gives accuracy.

I forgot to mention Warrior's Stone which I dont have but might be able to obtain.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

-Flame ring is garbage, replace it with woodsman/sniper/+1

-Get rid of Bush and replace it with Brutal

-I'd try Hauberk/+1 instead of Heca Harness, for multi-hit weaponskills you're gonna wanna stick with accuracy in almost every case. When you consistently hit all of your rampage hits, then consider dropping a bit of accuracy for str/attack/whatever.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by fobber
    I use sole sushi for merit pts.

sniper+1 or flame ring when sole sushi on with axe cap merit doesn't matter, unless fighting mamool ja lurkerer or thf type mobs.

anyways, i think haurby+1 will do better than hecta body, and you may try with the alkyblabla barcelet.

well, the average ws just depends on the mob you are fighting. usually average 700 on mamool will be find, thf type will even lower the average ws damage more. puks/imps will got higher average damage thought.

just check with your tp return every time you wsed it, then check the percentage for 5hit or more tp return. if you always getting only 3-4hits tp return, then you need consider to switch out some slot for acc. But the full merit axe shouldn't has this kind of problem.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I cant afford those +1 gears.

Should I sell my flame ring and use 1 sniper + raja ring?

Is burtal earring good for WS for the potential double attack?

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Yes you should sell your flame ring, and either use a sniper/rajas combo or just 2 snipers if you continue having acc problems.

Brutal earring double attack can proc on weaponskills, albeit rarely. I'd keep it on, it outweighs the 2 str from bush anyway.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Alternately you could also look into getting an optical hat for your ws macro if you wanted to keep your flame ring.

Sip Turban is what 4str?

You'd be trading 4 str for 10 acc going from turban to o.hat. As opposed to going from 5 str to 5 acc for snipers/woodsman(assuming you don't have access to +7acc rings). Or if your acc is really needed, macro in both.

I'd hold off from buying the Forager's Mantle for a while, you probably won't notice that much difference from the Amemet+1 and you can use the Gil in other upgrades.

Alky Bracelets might be a good swap as had been said, and if you know a THF friend for TH you can farm pop items and hope you get lucky with drop. At the same time you can camp Pallas bracelets too which is also a decent gear swap.

If you have Sea set some time apart and farm for a Sea Gorget, it does Wonders for your WS Acc/Dmg.

O-Hat should be easy to get with LS help, and Eyes/Clusters aren't nearly as expensive as they used to be if you don't feel like farming them.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    Alternately you could also look into getting an optical hat for your ws macro if you wanted to keep your flame ring.

Sip Turban is what 4str?

You'd be trading 4 str for 10 acc going from turban to o.hat. As opposed to going from 5 str to 5 acc for snipers/woodsman(assuming you don't have access to +7acc rings). Or if your acc is really needed, macro in both.
    I think I might get o hat seems to be a better trade off, but why must o hat be so damn ugly.

I also have a question regarding accuracy caps. I think I read some where there is no point if you have all accuracy because it can get capped.

I was not sure if I needed all that accuracy, but I assume I do because I would like to try to get all 5 hits to connect as much as possible.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute
    If you have Sea set some time apart and farm for a Sea Gorget, it does Wonders for your WS Acc/Dmg.
    There was extensive testing done on how Sea Gorgets affect weaponskills, and there's evidence that it only increases your accuracy and attack on the first hit of any weaponskill. Therefore, it might be better to stick with say, a peacock charm instead. Of course, its up to you wether you believe the testing or not..

And yes, accuracy caps at 95%, but it doesn't mean you should stop stacking accuracy if you still miss more than you think you should.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute
    There was extensive testing done on how Sea Gorgets affect weaponskills, and there's evidence that it only increases your accuracy and attack on the first hit of any weaponskill. Therefore, it might be better to stick with say, a peacock charm instead. Of course, its up to you wether you believe the testing or not..

And yes, accuracy caps at 95%, but it doesn't mean you should stop stacking accuracy if you still miss more than you think you should.
    For my WS set up, I have +28 acc. + 285 axe skill.

Hect. body - 12
    potent belt - 8
    fowling earring - 3
    Chivalrous Chain - 5

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Since you WS in AF2 and not Heca/Haidate, you should focus a lot more on acc for consistancy of Rampage.

First and foremost, get an optical hat. Next lose the STR ring and replace with a 5 or 7 acc ring. I always WS in brutal, its the same reason you WS in AF2 versus haidate.

I don't suggest Pallas or Alky versus heca, I much prefer the poisitive dex coming off of heca.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

CHRAM maybe?

I dunno... if you are really just looking for +acc, then that and an O-hat like mentioned earlier should get you there without changing much of the rest of your build. Even though your build could be touched up a bit, you asked about +acc and that's the best way to do it IMO.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also consider switching to meat if you are axe/axe which is what I'm assuming with your build.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

If I get an o hat, should I get rid of flame ring and just use sniper ring?

What does brutal earring do for WS, increase chance of doing double attack on the WS or is it for the store tp?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have some questions for WAR. I want to try to max my damage with my current settings and hopefully future gears I might obtain.

I am thinking I need more accuracy to get all 5 hits with rampage. The reason why I think I need accuracy is because lets say a parameter of 1000 being the max I can do, and 700 is the average damage on rampage.

Currently, these are my stats and gear for WS. I use sole sushi for merit pts.

Wut

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius

Yes you should sell your flame ring, and either use a sniper/rajas combo or just 2 snipers if you continue having acc problems.

Brutal earring double attack can proc on weaponskills, albeit rarely. I'd keep it on, it outweighs the 2 str from bush anyway.
    If he is using Sushi he probably doesn't need the extra accuracy. In fact with his set up I dont really understand how he is having problems with his Rampages.

The first thing he needs to do is figure out how he is doing on TP return. To gauge my TP return I, in the past, added a TP return line to my WS macro. just added /wait 2, /echo TP Return: <tp>. If you are getting full rampages, then adding more accuracy is literally wasting space.

The real question is should you be using sushi or meat. That is much more important than your equipment for overall damage.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I use sole sushi.

For the return TP on ramage, how much TP am I suppose to get with 5 hits?

I forgot that I can check how many hits I do with rampage with the TP return.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Im a bit confused why some people are advocating that Flame rings are bad for WS, especially given this guys merits and food. With 285 axe skill + sushi and the acc he already has for WS, he should be getting very consistent Rampages. I have a very similar WS build except i use E. head (ohat for evasive mobs), soil gorget, brutal instead of bush, and Haidate instead of AF2 (wish i had the AF2 tho to test out the difference btwn the two). I have 6 axe merits now and my average is pretty high (prob around 900) with highs in 12-1400, but i have parses somewhere of my barely merited haidate-less war having that 700 average you are looking for with the similar build. I would say just change to O-hat and get a soil gorget and you shall be more than fine. Keep the Flame, +10 from the rings for WS is sex, and u are smart for using Potent over Warwolf, as the tradeoff is more than worth it in that case imo.

P.S. All my stuff is with a BRD in party btw, which I sincerely hope is the same with your merit parties for the results you are looking for.