+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

GED tests, anyone ever take one/know someone that did?

Basically a friend of mine wants to get their GED. I volunteered to help him, I just don't exactly know what is on the test. I know there are websites and books that I can go look at, but what I really want is someone who has taken it before so I can know what kind of stuff to teach him. I hear that it's fairly easy, so some input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

pirahna1

Re: GED tests, anyone ever take one/know someone that did?

My g/f took it last year. She said it was super easy and scored in the 98% bracket. That was with like, 2 days of studying also.

I'll have to ask her what all is on it, but it's all really really simple stuff. If you can function in everyday life, you can pass the GEDs. It's designed to really only stop total and utter retards from passing.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

lol I didn't think it would be THAT easy. I read that to pass it you need to score like within the top 60th percentile of high school students... and yeah, people today are pretty fuckdamned retarded >_> so I thought it would be fairly easy, thanks :D

Ridill
    BG Level

It's retardedly easy.

I think I could have passed it when I was like 9 or 10, seriously.

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

I took mine this year didn't study what so ever passed most of them in the 90%'s expect for writing but fuck writing. Probably one of the easyer things i've had to do.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

I took the test since I was homeschooled, the book I used to study for it pretty much gave me all the answers for the test. Can't go wrong with it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

My brother took it and passed. And he's got the reading skills of a 4th grader. It's real easy.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I had to take it and it was easy, scored in the 98th percentile as well, some people are just stupid though, one girl there had been taking it for 6 months and still failed

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

if you can breathe on your own without a machine you can pass this test. took it in NY, the english is obvious to anyone who speaks the language. the math is basic crap, nothing major. i was out of high school for 6-7 years and i got a near perfect score so there should be no problems.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I'm really interested in what kinds of questions are on this test now. Like it'd be kewl to just take it and see if I could score 100% lol >.>

I took this test, got tired of Ye Old High School, and I just wanted to get the fuck out, so I opted for GED

The ?'s are fn amazing

Ill give you some examples

5(x) = 25, x = ? (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL)

The old trains ?, If a train leaves Chicago @ 1pm, and arrives in New York @ 7pm how fast was the train going (some stupid shit like that)

I shit you not I got this as a ? for the english part

Bear : Bare, Pear : ?

A Pair
    B Apple
    C Peer
    D Orange

(I couldnt stop FUCKING LAUGHING)

If you fail the GED, holy shit, you either just arrived into the couintry 2 weeks ago, or are just a complete moron

The only thing that can fuck up your GED score (of all the things it could be) is you #2 pencil eraser
    If somehow you put marked the wrong letter you have to completely remove the mark and sometimes the computer picks up both answers from the scan sheet

Just bring a good eraser with you, cause sometime mistakes happen, a good eraser, like the pink one shaped like a space ship that carries big gigantic boobied alien woman [yes I had a vivid imagination in High School]

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    I'm really interested in what kinds of questions are on this test now. Like it'd be kewl to just take it and see if I could score 100% lol >.>

Two spaceships, each 100 m long when measured at rest, travel toward each other with speeds of 0.85c relative to the earth. (a) How long is each ship as measured by someone on earth? (b) How fast is each ship traveling as measured by an observer on the other? (c) How long is one ship when measured by an observer on the other? Show all your work!

Useful constants: c = 3.0X10^8 m/s.

Edit: The first one to answer any of a, b, or c gets a free blackcats invite on me lol

Know that in BC all have to have an acceptable share ration, if not: bye bye Kansas.

uncompromising cuntnificence
    buh buh buh browsssssssss

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    I took the GED, and I scored a 100% on the reading/writing/literature portion. The test is beyond ridiculously easy. If you passed 8th grade, you can pass the GED with high scores. The sad thing is that I heard quite a few people discussing how they were back to re-take a portion that they had failed, and how that was the last shot they would get that year.

Finish HS, fuck GED.

uncompromising cuntnificence
    buh buh buh browsssssssss

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kinto
    Finish HS, fuck GED.
    Yeah, I agree. I think it looks better to colleges if you have a diploma. It's really nice to have a graduation, too. Some of my friends got a couple thousand dollars or more once they graduated.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Damn, so many ppl here with GEDs lol. The important thing is after you get it, you do something with it and not call it quits like most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivve
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinto
    Finish HS, fuck GED.
    Yeah, I agree. I think it looks better to colleges if you have a diploma.
    Think? lol. Someone with a diploma will easily get ahead of a GED. Gotta work extra extra hard with a GED if you wanna get anywhere.

When I took mine I did all 6 tests (I think it was 6) in one day, and that was that. Didn't really have to study for it, but it couldn't hurt. Basically if you did well in Junior High.. lol, you can pass it. <_<; But tell him he better plan on getting an AA degree or some shit pretty soon if he wants to get anywhere afterwards.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by GraveRobberX
    A Bunch of stuff.
    Wow. Sounds like if this guy could pass it, anyone could.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Whew thanks guys :D I was kinda worried cause my friend has been outta HS for 5 yrs but it sounds like he's more than qualified to pass this test. And about the diploma thing, it's pretty easy to get around that kinda stuff. Get your GED -> Go to community college for a year doing basic credits -> transfer to 4 yr uni -> graduate

At least that's what a few people told me and it seems logical >.>

Did they not raise the level of the test recently? I know exit exams were raised from 8th grade level to 11th grade (which was weird because you started them in the 9th/10th grade). I thought the GED test level was raised also.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast