Closed Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Max™ View Post
    Now that ho check is a great example of a stupid meme with limited humor that was overused... then left alone for a while, and can now be brought up at random to great effect.

In a few months, a nod and a wink tossed in with a "Darwinism" in the right context will be funny, particularly if Miz gets banned for something stupid and that is a response to it.

You wanna get spammed with ho checks?

I like the ban for the sake of preserving what little humor the joke has left, so that future generations of posters can chuckle at it.

Think of the newbies, won't you?
    But ho checkin' isn't under the banned section. The worst Darwinism should be under is the 'Annoying, stop or you'll get banned' section. Then you could ban the people that spam it in every thread, when it isn't appropriate to the OP.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I would like to ban the mod staff for the use of the word "faggot" outside of spam as outlined in Rule 12:

XII. Racial Slurs and Extremely Derogatory Terms
    Racial slurs and extremely derogatory terms are no longer allowed on the BG forums in the standard posting sections. Usage of these terms does not add anything to the conversation. Exemption zones are the spam forum only, however excessive use of them will result in the loss of privileges for the spam forum. We are adults and intelligent people, there is no reason we must attack our fellow man and the opposite gender with worthless comments. This is now at a stop, you will receive warnings, infractions, or bans to your account. The administrative staff will be on hand to answer any questions you may have. In or out of context the usage of racial slurs/extremely derogatory terms is no longer allowed.
    Exhibit A:

http://bluegartr.com/ban.gif

Xzibit:

http://snicka.com/blog/wp-content/up.../05/xzibit.jpg

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

1. Not really. Someone died, that is all. It had absolutely nothing to do with Darwinism, it was the perfect example of a weak joke defacing all other Darwinism jokes.

2. It was somewhat ironic, someone might have been more inclined to make a funny joke if the thread already hadn't been breached with a stupid one.

3. It was one post, but it was the same fucking post everyone's been seeing all over the forums for the 500th time. Nobody wants to read it, the thread immediately lost value.

4. How is that even relevant?

5. I'm sure there were others who thought the thread lost value because of it but just didn't speak up. Considering I got an entire topic about me for doing so, I can't really blame them.

If you're so adamant about ignoring the effects memes can have on forums, go reread spam. The very first post in the very first topic complaining about the Darwinism ban openly acknowledges that there was a problem.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

That image always has been the one thing I find truly hypocritical.

Hell, I'd like to see them change the image just so we didn't have to see this brought up every single time there's some argument against the mods.

gonna save some hot babes and punch radiation in the mouth.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Frostwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Cow_k View Post
    Because again, it means so much. And to think that people used to yell at me about the fallacy of internet justice.
    The validity of your argument hinges on the presence of evidence. Don't like the word? Scroll down and carry on. But ban the word? Hi 2 u Gestapo trash. Hitler didn't like jews so he burned 6 million of them. How many more words are going to be banned to make this forum mod approved?

Oh fuck, Godwin'd.

Are we going to ban Godwin next?

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'd like to propose the idea of making the ban avatar Darwin themed. This would be a win-win situation for everyone.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    I'd like to propose the idea of making the ban avatar Darwin themed. This would be a win-win situation for everyone.
    And infinitely more relevant than a dancing maraca thing

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

It would even make sense. I think Tomiko is onto something.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicomagiko View Post
    The validity of your argument hinges on the presence of evidence. Don't like the word? Scroll down and carry on. But ban the word? Hi 2 u Gestapo trash. Hitler didn't like jews so he burned 6 million of them. How many more words are going to be banned to make this forum mod approved?
    And what? I said if you don't like the rules, go to places where there are none which are readily available. Banning the certain usage of a word on a privately owned website is the same as Hitler killing Jews? I think you're confused.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah, no. It's not just about 'reading the word,' it's about devaluing the forums. It's also difficult to ignore when it's in nearly every single thread.

Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

"Devaluing the forums"? Give me a fucking break, dude. You guys are all over the mods/admins nuts, worshipping them for "taking action" over this wordbanning bullshit, but the very same people get pissed off when people delete posts and topics etc because they're trying to preserve the integrity of the forum. Doublespeak much?

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Devaluing the forums, are you just throwing out random ass buzzwords now?

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

When the fuck did I ever worship anybody? I don't agree with everything the mods do, none of that other shit is really relevant to this discussion.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

apparently synonyms are buzzwords

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

http://gaytheistagenda.lavenderliber...09/lovejoy.jpg

Give me a fucking break. gayest fucking rule ever that was implemented because some self-important asshole got butthurt over something someone said.

Black Belt
    BG Level

yes, it devalued a news story that wasn't gonna spark much discussion so, so much. i mean after that one darwinism post, all those great ideas and hilarious jokes people had to share just disappeared, as the would-be posters were sooooooo devastated by the one post of unfunny that they had to spend half a second scrolling over.

memes get out of hand when you have everyone and their mothers trying to trick their efriends into watching Rick Astley or getting ho checked at every opportunity, or you frequently have strings of posts that all say the same thing. Darwinism hasn't ventured into that territory yet.

Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just sayin' -- you're endorsing wordbanning for the sake of preserving the "value" of the forum, which is the same reason that post/thread deletion etc is frowned upon. So... forum integrity etc is only important when it's convenient? I'm just trying to understand you here. Sounds like you're just grasping at any bullshit you can to make this float.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Just for the record, worshiping and compliance with the direct authorities on a privately owned message board are two very different things.

I still don't understand the ownership you people feel like you have of this place. You should be glad they even let people talk out like this. Plenty of places would have deleted everything here and banned any dissenters a long time ago.

Though let's not kid ourselves. It's all for the lulz, right?

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's not just that one post, it's the snowballing effect needs to be stopped at some point. Darwinism was not funny anymore, why let it get as bad as Rick Rolling did? I don't understand is why you guys are complaining so much about this.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Just for the record, worshiping and compliance with the direct authorities on a privately owned message board are two very different things.
    When it's "Do as we say or fuck off" while hammering people after stating that they'd be acted on in other manners, sorry, it's worship.

Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Cow_k View Post
    You should be glad they even let people talk out like this.
    Modsass, etc? Yeah, we should be so glad.

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast