Closed Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Both of those rules, at least from the way I perceive them, are about forum integrity. If someone makes a topic that isn't random spamming, they're adding something to the forum. Flooding every topic with a meme takes away from the integrity because it's just the same repeated unfunny banter nobody likes to read (not contributing in any way etc.)

assburgers
    BG Level

ALL HAIL SONOKITTY!

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    It's not just that one post, it's the snowballing effect needs to be stopped at some point. Darwinism was not funny anymore, why let it get as bad as Rick Rolling did? I don't understand is why you guys are complaining so much about this.
    I believe you were the one who was complaining too much about something trivial that started all of this...

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

It's not just that one post, it's the snowballing effect needs to be stopped at some point. Darwinism was not funny anymore, why let it get as bad as Rick Rolling did? I don't understand is why you guys are complaining so much about this.
    why the fuck do you care? why take this as upon yourself as a personal crusade if it bothers you that much just ignore everyone that you know habitually uses the word.

Black Belt
    BG Level

also your "every topic" is a gross exaggeration, just like all the rest of your arguments.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

If someone makes a topic that isn't random spamming, they're adding something to the forum.
    Arbitrary determination of what random spamming is. We've had drawn out discussions in spam that have been of far more use than some of the shit that gets posted in general. And note that I'm not saying everything in either section is gold but really you're just

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...hor-wrong1.jpg

People post trash even when they're not trying to spam, it happens. Not everything is some gift of discourse bestowed upon us, good intentions can rot.

Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Both of those rules, at least from the way I perceive them, are about forum integrity. If someone makes a topic that isn't random spamming, they're adding something to the forum. Flooding every topic with a meme takes away from the integrity because it's just the same repeated unfunny banter nobody likes to read (not contributing in any way etc.)
    Yes, wordbanning TOTALLY protects the integrity of the forum. Gosh, how could I ever have disagreed with your airtight logic? Please forgive me.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko View Post
    When it's "Do as we say or fuck off" while hammering people after stating that they'd be acted on in other manners, sorry, it's worship.
    Rah rah, fight the man!

Again, it's their forum, if you don't like the way they work, leave. I know you post shit like this just because you're so incredibly bored, but seriously.

Put your money where your mouth is. Go and open "The Ryko forums" and take everyone with you and bring BG to it's knees. You're so confidant you could do things better, yet you sit around and whine and jump on any opportunity you can just to entertain yourself. I'd go so far as to say that half the people in this thread are just parasites who feed off the mistakes and misfortune of others.

Black Belt
    BG Level

pretty much worshipping right there

assburgers
    BG Level

Man, you're a charming motherfucker Cow_k, I bet people follow you around singing your praises huh.

I thought that Spam WAS the Ryko forums... what I miss?

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

new rule: ban everyone that does not type a dissertation in response to the every topic in general. I'm sure that would preserve and not 'devalue the forums'.

Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Cow_k View Post
    Rah rah, fight the man!

Again, it's their forum, if you don't like the way they work, leave. I know you post shit like this just because you're so incredibly bored, but seriously.

Put your money where your mouth is. Go and open "The Ryko forums" and take everyone with you and bring BG to it's knees. You're so confidant you could do things better, yet you sit around and whine and jump on any opportunity you can just to entertain yourself. I'd go so far as to say that half the people in this thread are just parasites who feed off the mistakes and misfortune of others.
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT JUST LEAVE, GUYS

God, I find better debate skills in spam than I do in general, should I be shocked by this? Naturally, I expected that general posters would select better examples to support their arguments. I suppose that I'm just not fit to survive outside of spam.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Every topic is an exaggeration yes, but every topic where, by any stretch of the imagination, Darwinism could be at least worked in through some indirect way is not. Do you really enjoy reading that shit? Be honest with me.

Anyways, I really don't care that much, although I honestly did think it was something that should have been stopped. I made one post about it, and suddenly I have a topic about me. Again, the irony here that I don't really understand is that some of you are acknowledging memes can become a problem (Rick Rolling etc.,) yet are complaining that another once funny meme is being added to the banlist.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

You're basically right Max, that's the whole point. However, the armies of spam must march forth and claim more territories as obviously their lands are no longer fertile or something.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko View Post
    Arbitrary determination of what random spamming is. We've had drawn out discussions in spam that have been of far more use than some of the shit that gets posted in general. And note that I'm not saying everything in either section is gold but really you're just

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...hor-wrong1.jpg

People post trash even when they're not trying to spam, it happens. Not everything is some gift of discourse bestowed upon us, good intentions can rot.
    Honestly, I couldn't really think of a good example of a spam post (not to be confused with a post in the spam section of the forums.) I don't see them very often, I can't remember the last time a thread was deleted because it was "a stupid topic," which is what I was referencing.

assburgers
    BG Level

Irony is that complaining about the banning of a meme has become a meme.

23 years old

BG Level

Rah rah, fight the man!

Yeah, why not. We'll go with that. Or, maybe, I can just continue to point out, reasonably, that the delineation of power you've attempted to give us is ridiculous to acknowledge. When I was a mod I never expected someone to just back it cuz I said so, why the hell would I suddenly fall in line when I'm on the other side? Feedback from "teh masses", especially on gross contradictions and oversights, goes about as far from "devaluing the boards" as you can possibly get.

tl;dr: Nou.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

The one argument that no one has been able to even discuss is again: Why should anyone give a shit about general and it's rules when there's an area where rules don't exist.

Why is general so precious to you people that you have to go to these lengths over it? Again, it's always had rules, some stupid, some not, yet everyone gets so surprised and worked up when another one is added to the list.

Why exactly haven't you learned your lesson and just turn spam into your own paradise, or as stated, make an exodus somewhere else? You already know what the mods are capable of doing, it's your own fault for playing with fire.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Why is general so precious to you people that you have to go to these lengths over it? Again, it's always had rules, some stupid, some not, yet everyone gets so surprised and worked up when another one is added to the list.
    Semantics.

23 years old

BG Level

The one argument that no one has been able to even discuss is again: Why should anyone give a shit about general and it's rules when there's an area where rules don't exist.
    Simple: Because when something is deemed entertaining by the denizens of said area, they use it sparingly elsewhere. Then people pick up on it and follow it up and, well, we get back here.

We didn't start the fire, it was always burning since the world's been turning.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast