Closed Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 351
  1. #141
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,161
    BG Level
    9

    You're right, there isn't a lot of difference and General isn't some sacred cow. But guess what?

    Not a Democracy
    Life Isn't Fair
    Welcome to BG
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. #142
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,826
    BG Level
    9

    You really got me there.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  3. #143
    Jellysaurus Rex
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,359
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    You're right, there isn't a lot of difference and General isn't some sacred cow. But guess what?

    Not a Democracy
    Life Isn't Fair
    Welcome to BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    The folks 'defending' spamming general are whining harder than those who aren't.
    Eh, sorry, I don't really take criticism regarding whining from a shameless asskisser.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #144
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,161
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Sera View Post
    Eh, sorry, I don't really take criticism because I'd rather clutch at straws with personal attacks than come up with a valid reason for my position
    When Day makes better arguments than you it's time to be worried. Calling bullshit on the 'AVENGE THIS INJUSTICE; FREE THE DARWIN SEVEN' bandwagon is not asskissing. You've got some serious blinders on.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. #145
    Canadian Fury
    MANITOBA IS NOT A REAL PLACE

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,100
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  6. #146
    Jellysaurus Rex
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,359
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    When Day makes better arguments than you it's time to be worried. Calling bullshit on the 'AVENGE THIS INJUSTICE; FREE THE DARWIN SEVEN' bandwagon is not asskissing. You've got some serious blinders on.
    Did I hit a nerve, asskisser?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #147
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,826
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    When Day makes better arguments than you it's time to be worried. Calling bullshit on the 'AVENGE THIS INJUSTICE; FREE THE DARWIN SEVEN' bandwagon is not asskissing. You've got some serious blinders on.
    Backhanded compliment, personal attack!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #148
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    18,466
    BG Level
    9

    take your schoolboy pissing contest somewhere else guys
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #149
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,751
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Hey guys, I got an infraction for Carwinism... that's not on the list of things, can anyone tell me how I broke the rules w/ that post?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #150
    Sandpaper Demon
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,874
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    so just to clarify because i don't want to sift through all of the people QQing about it, when you say 'darwinism' is a bannable offense it just means replying to a thread with...'darwinism'?

    i'm just clarifying because i don't think i've really seen it used that much, or at least not payed attention to it
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #151
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,826
    BG Level
    9

    Thats it exactly and also the reason it's pretty silly.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #152
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,751
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Thats it exactly and also the reason it's pretty silly.
    I don't think it is dawg because uh, what had happened was that I typed Carwinism and I got an infraction... so I don't think it's saying Darwinism.

    Unless there are HIDDEN RULES!?!?!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #153
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    18,466
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Hey guys, I got an infraction for Carwinism... that's not on the list of things, can anyone tell me how I broke the rules w/ that post?
    mod-sassing I guess. If "Fuck you" was banned, and someone said "Fulk you" then its being done against the spirit of the law.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #154
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,751
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Well, obviously Carwinism has nothing to do with Darwinism, sir.
    You are uneducated.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #155
    Jellysaurus Rex
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,359
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    they want us to stop saying words, how can you misunderstand this?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  16. #156
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,751
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Educate yourselves... jerks.
    Carwinism
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  17. #157
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,826
    BG Level
    9

    Oh dear god I'm dying.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  18. #158
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,161
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Sera View Post
    they want us to stop crapping up threads outside of spam with thoughtless spamming, how can you misunderstand this?
    The world doesn't end someone moderates threads in General. I like how it's your cause celebre now that someone's been banned over it that you care about, and not the dozens of times it's happened in the past.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  19. #159
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,751
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    I don't think people have been banned for posting one word dozens of times in the past... feel free to prove me wrong though.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  20. #160
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,161
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    I don't think people have been banned for posting one word dozens of times in the past... feel free to prove me wrong though.
    Again, it's not the specific content, it's the intent. "Stop crapping up threads with predictable, meaningless gibberish" is the one thing in common all the "Don't post this anymore" rules have. From Rickrolling to "first" to "+1" to building cute little Quote Pyramids, it's been consistent that once the problem grows past the tolerance of Whomever is In Charge, folks start getting Hammered for it.

    You act like Miz's ban is permanent.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag