Closed Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    Every time I saw Darwinism or inb4 Darwinism in the second or 3rd post, thread was dead.
    Agreed.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's ryde or die time now.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

what'd Miz do to get banned?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    what'd Miz do to get banned?
    Smart money's on Mod Sass.

And he's black.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Smart money is not on mod sass, it's on 'terrible modding'.
    I already know when the hammer was dropped but the mod team here has some secrecy shit going on so if I come out and say anything I'll be the next on the hit list... feel me?

Anyway, he got a ban for Darwinism even though the very core of his post was merely an allusion to the meme and not him actually using it.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    I already know when the hammer was dropped but the mod team here has some secrecy shit going on so if I come out and say anything I'll be the next on the hit list... feel me?

Anyway, he got a ban for Darwinism even though the very core of his post was merely an allusion to the meme and not him actually using it.
    how is just saying "darwinism" an illusion?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post

You still think this is about the meme itself and not the thoughtless, thread-killing "+1" style "OH BOY NEW THREAD IN GENERAL WHO WINS THE RACE TO POST IT" posting that abuse of said meme became? Really? Or are you pulling some meta-troll shit by pretending to not understand the actual issue.

Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Can we add "misuse of the word 'too'" to this list as well?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

so as long as its not in a +1 context its ok?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    so as long as its not in a +1 context its ok?
    I personally don't have a problem if it at minimum looks like the poster made an effort to contribute, but whether or not it is officially 'ok' isn't up to me. I'm just arguing what makes the most sense. Shit like 'carwinism' is just 'me too' posting and there's a good reason it was banished from Advanced.

Edit: And asking unpaid forum mods to have to split hairs on which instances are okay and which aren't isn't a worthwhile compromise on the issue. Eventually the +1 crap will die down anyway, which as the immediate consequence of the rule is a net positive in my view.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Correction wants to be a mod so bad he's going to explode.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

He's doing some mad lunchin, Day.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Correction wants to be a mod so bad he's going to explode.
    I don't have the patience to mod. If Kuya doesn't get to be a mod then neither do I

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

I can't help but feel like we've crossed a line when we are banning things for being annoying. Darwinism is 50x more funny than the stupid translator thing will ever be. What annoys some people is entertainment to others, it'll be a sad day when you can't crack a joke in general.

And if a one word post is a "thread killer" then I can assure you the thread was shit to begin with.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

And if a one word post is a "thread killer" then I can assure you the thread was shit to begin with.
    And gosh if only there were a sandbox forum or something where shitty threads could get shat on by folks with nothing but an interest in shitting on shitty threads!

One-word memes bumping bad threads craps up whatever forum they inhabit.

Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I can't help but feel like we've crossed a line when we are banning things for being annoying. Darwinism is 50x more funny than the stupid translator thing will ever be. What annoys some people is entertainment to others, it'll be a sad day when you can't crack a joke in general.

Meh just sounds like all these rules are made so that people can be butthurt all day and look legit, like I said in spam. Whiny nerds IRL become whiny nerds with justification on the internet.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sera View Post
    Meh just sounds like all these rules are made so that people can be butthurt all day and look legit, like I said in spam. Whiny nerds IRL become whiny nerds with justification on the internet.
    The folks 'defending' spamming general are whining harder than those who aren't.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

So can we ban for lol, lmao, ^, this, etc... ?? All that shit is the same and even though it may fall under the rules it's never enforced. I know you see my point and will continue to play advocate but you can't tell me general is some haven for well thought out discussion all the time. I don't post in general much but I read a lot of it, and theres a lot of high horseing going on I know that.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast