Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Silver Sea Remnants NM: Powderkeg Yanadahn

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Powderkeg_Yanadahn

Thinking of trying to take this NM down with a couple of friends, if possible.

With the new armory crate at the beginning of each zone, how realistic would you say it is for say... MNK, RDM and SMN?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Re: Silver Sea Remnants NM: Powderkeg Yanadahn

The NM would be ok but the fomor pull beforehand is hard - because they all link and come rushing to your ass.... so you sorta would have to sac pull 6 times

That's the 1st floor NM - with the six fomors... this one is popped by killing 14 or 16 non-linking fomors.

fomors in that room hit hard, but if you can avoid taking too much damage you could probably pop him within the 100 minutes.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

It would be hard if you are inexperienced with Salvage. The Fomor and such aren't too hard or anything but it would prolly take the full amount of time for that trio to pop him.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion
    The NM would be ok but the fomor pull beforehand is hard - because they all link and come rushing to your ass.... so you sorta would have to sac pull 6 times
    The fomors don't link with each other. They link with the Imps though.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I think your odds with 3 people are pretty low honestly. The Imps/Formors in the Powderkeg room are fairly strong.

How many would you recommend for the sole purpose of taking down the NM?

Also, Salvage limitation is once per JP midnight?

I'm not sure about the linking fomors to imps and vice versa, but I trust what's compiled on the first page of the new thread. What I have noticed though is that each Imp is paired to one fomor, that link with each other regardless of how you pull. They have linked TP, so if you kite one off it will get TP as the other does. They also have some kind of initial linked hate, where one assists the other until a separate action is taken on it. For example, if I pull an Imp, then as it comes back to camp a WAR vokes it, the fomor that came with it turns off me to the WAR. Then I cast stone 1 on the fomor and it's back on me for the rest of the time, spamming barbed crescent every 15 seconds or so.

I'm not sure about that. The other day we pulled every fomor in the room, and when we were done 2 imps were just sitting there in the middle of the room. At no point did they ever link with anything or aggro anyone. Powderkeg then popped in the room with 2 imps still alive and wandering around. We ignored them and just killed powderkeg and warped.

Hmmm, maybe it only goes one way then, Imp >> Fomor? We tend to pull Imps if they're in range over fomors if given the option. That or just by fluke we linked exactly 1 fomor each time the last few times we've done this lol I just assumed that since the TP is linked that they were in some way paired up. Maybe the TP-link thing is just the normal behavior for any time you link stuff in that room. Or everything there has auto-meditate but it doesn't feel that way when you fight them individually.

Everything I've seen says Imps link with Fomors by sight, and Fomors link with Imps by sound.

Thus, it'd be much easier to pull a Fomor (behind an Imp's back), than it would to pull an Imp.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

They definitely dont have linked hate, I think they just link regularly.

I have been able to pull the Imp with no links, and usually linked the Imps when pulling the Fomor. Also, when we have linked them, we have killed the Imp while our Blu held the Fomor and they didn't have linked hate or seemed to have linked TP at all.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The Imp/Formor linking in this room is bizarre, and I don't think anyone will ever be able to figure it out exactly. As hard as you try not to link, sometimes an imp will party/link regardless from great distance. Sometimes they definately seem to be in a party, and sometimes they do not.

We simply pull formors first, and if we get a link that party kills the imp while a RDM grav/bind kites the formor.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco II
    Also, Salvage limitation is once per JP midnight?
    Permit limitation is once per JP midnight. You can hold a permit from yesterday, use it today, purchase another permit right after Salvage and immediately go back in.

Your next permit would be purchasable tomorrow.

One thing that isn't clear to me:

I remember reading that you NEED to kill the 6 linking fomor on the first floor to advance to the second floor. Is this true or false? (If it's true, it's basically a small group cockblock...)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I remember reading that you NEED to kill the 6 linking fomor on the first floor to advance to the second floor. Is this true or false? (If it's true, it's basically a small group cockblock...)

Fomor can be pulled all the way back to entrance, and most usually deaggro (actually, they should all unaggro by the time you reach it). If they come back too early, you could always send a 2nd person to train them away. The mnk to the right always drop 3 magic cell, so get this one first if you got unlucky with magic drop.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

train the fomors and pick one off at a time, fight in south or north end of the room. fomors will all drop hate if you get enough of a lead.

edit: oops didnt refresh before posting

Relic Horn
    BG Level

lol everyone keeps suggesting solutions for the Hammerblow Majanun room. If you go the other side, it should be unlocked right away, that's how I understand it. Then you can head to Powderkeg's room right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd

lol everyone keeps suggesting solutions for the Hammerblow Majanun room. If you go the other side, it should be unlocked right away, that's how I understand it. Then you can head to Powderkeg's room right away.
    Actually I'm pretty sure it's true. You have to at least pop Hammerblow before you can proceed. I know 100% you don't have to kill Hammerblow before you can proceed, but I do think you have to at least pop him. It's not really a cockblock though, the 6 linking fomor can easily be killed with a group of 6 people.